Obama cancelling 401k plans?

You've been warned. If you wish to ignore the flashing red lights, so be it.

It may not happen during Obama's term, but the ground work is definitely being laid to nationalize these assets. The government is waiting for the proper "Crisis" to do so.

Am I saying it couldn't happen? No.

Is it likely? Doubtful.

You will still be able to contribute to them but after taxes not before...
That I think will be next.
After that when the debt hits around $20 trillion government will nationalize all accounts because they need the money then they will place what's left in a general fund and pay everyone an allowance.
And it will be paid out to everyone whether they ever contributed to an IRA account or a 401 Kplan...

That my friends is a Liberals wet dream...

So I'm curious do all you paranoid types that believe retirement accounts will be seized just invest with after-tax dollars? Couldn't those brokerage or mutual fund accounts be seized too? Are so paranoid that you are managing your finances by burying gold in the back yard?

So I'm curious do all you paranoid types that believe retirement accounts will be seized just invest with after-tax dollars? Couldn't those brokerage or mutual fund accounts be seized too? Are so paranoid that you are managing your finances by burying gold in the back yard?

dear, since 99% of all governments in human history have turned tyrannical or started out that way you can't call it paranoid, but rather intellectual.

Why did you think our founders gave us the Constitution if not to hamstring government so it wouldn't become liberal???

dear, since 99% of all governments in human history have turned tyrannical or started out that way you can't call it paranoid, but rather intellectual.
Many a very ill paranoid person has thought they are being intellectual in their irrational thought process.

So answer the question, how do you invest? You are scared of retirement accounts being seized, so do you just throw in the towel and say you aren't saving for retirement at all since you have some number on tyranny?

I'm genuinely curious.

Many a very ill paranoid person has thought they are being intellectual in their irrational thought process.

So answer the question, how do you invest? You are scared of retirement accounts being seized, so do you just throw in the towel and say you aren't saving for retirement at all since you have some number on tyranny?

I'm genuinely curious.

dear, since 99% of all governments in human history have turned tyrannical or started out that way you can't call it paranoid, but rather intellectual or rather exactly what our Founders were thinking!!

Sigh............

Exactly. Special Ed sounds like a 5 year old repeating something as loud as he can in a sing-song voice to avoid addressing something he has no answer for.

I'm not sure why I bothered posing an adult question to a child.

They might as well take it now. obama has made it clear that he intended to confiscate retirement funds.

He said absolutely no such thing, but hey, let's not facts get in the way of your lies.

I am sure someone said it somewhere. It might have been Biden at a retirement home....

For Federal employees, losing their retirement funds is now a reality. How long do you think it will take this administration to run through these funds and begin tapping whatever may be left in peoples' private (401k) accounts?

http://www.examiner.com/article/treasury-using-federal-pension-funds-opens-up-move-to-take-401k-s

Forum List

Back