“Obama Can Take His Endorsement And Shove it”…

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010

ROVIDENCE, R.I. – Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate Frank Caprio, in a radio interview Monday morning, reacted angrily to President Obama’s decision not to endorse him during a visit to the Ocean State Monday.
“He can take his endorsement and really shove it as far as I’m concerned,” Caprio told talk-show host John DePetro during an interview on WPRO-AM.
In Monday morning’s Providence Journal, John Mulligan of The Journal’s Washington bureau reported that Mr. Obama would not endorse Democrat Caprio during a visit to Rhode Island Monday.
Mulligan quoted independent candidate Lincoln Chafee’s spokesman saying Obama’s decision “is a victory for Linc Chafee,” who is one of Caprio’s opponents in the race for governor.
Former Republican Senator Chafee endorsed Mr. Obama for president in 2008.
Caprio went on to criticize Mr. Obama for not visiting Rhode Island during this spring’s record floods.
Caprio said Rhode Islanders “are hurting,” that the state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and “now he’s coming into Rhode Island treating us like an ATM machine.”

PROVIDENCE, R.I.—The Democratic candidate for Rhode Island governor told President Barack Obama on Monday to "shove it" after learning Obama would not endorse him.

Frank Caprio's campaign last week said he would welcome the president's endorsement. But on Monday, the same day Obama was set to make his first visit to Rhode Island as president and a day after the White House said Obama would not endorse anyone, Caprio angrily told WPRO-AM that Obama can "take his endorsement and really shove it."

Caprio's independent opponent, Lincoln Chafee, a former Republican senator who served with Obama for two years, gave a high-profile endorsement to Obama ahead of the Democratic primary in 2008.

RI Dem: Obama can 'shove it' for not endorsing him - Boston.com

:lol:

Last edited:
Caprio is a republican that supported obama?

weird

Weirder still is that he seems to expect obama to return the favor. Have the last 2 years not tought him that obama does not want to bridge the gap between left and right, but to drive the wedge deeper?

weird

Weirder still is that he seems to expect obama to return the favor. Have the last 2 years not tought him that obama does not want to bridge the gap between left and right, but to drive the wedge deeper?

no, caprio's a democrat.

chafee endorsed obama

Chafe-me is an excellent example of the RINO that needs to be ridden out of the GOP on a rail. In his case he actually was. And here he is in bed with Obama after all that.

Hilarious! Apparently this Democrat wasn't Anti-American and Marxist enough for ole Hopey Changey. He sure didn't help this guy out huh? The Democrats are fast approaching that iceberg and they know it. Look for more Dems eating their own stuff after Nov. 2nd. It's gonna be fun. :)

weird

no, caprio's a democrat.

chafee endorsed obama

That's what I get for posting before I've had all my coffee.

But it almost makes since if you swap the names around. (almost)

Either way, obama is the kiss of death come re-election or election time. so by not supporting the dem, the dem is a shoe in.:lol:

Telling us that Obama can shove his endorsement would have meant a whole lot more had Obama actually endorsed him...

weird

no, caprio's a democrat.

chafee endorsed obama

That's what I get for posting before I've had all my coffee.

But it almost makes since if you swap the names around. (almost)

Either way, obama is the kiss of death come re-election or election time. so by not supporting the dem, the dem is a shoe in.:lol:

LOL, Obama may have done him a favor.

New Topics

Forum List

Back