Obama Campaigned In Church

no, just curious, obviously you have no more insight than myself, a gop person.

you should read the book...it chides the left for keeping their faith "private". I think that many on the left have read the book and gotten the message.

So why aren't they quoting that, to account for their lack of religiousity in the past?

Lack of religiousity?? That's a joke, right?

You mean Bill Clinton campaigning in churches? Jimmy Carter and his bible thumping? Are you kidding me?

It may be a little different from the way Republicans use religion, but the mainstream Democrats have never been anti-religious.

no, just curious, obviously you have no more insight than myself, a gop person.

perhaps, they have been ''silenced'' by your gop RR side? after all, all liberals are heathens! :eek: ;)

read this thread....all the ''holier than thous'' opinions on a dem celebrity of old, when she was being called by God, to know Him....

http://usmessageboard.com/archive/index.php/t-20764.html

these holier's, :D also broke every rule in Christ's teachings to us....but they mocked this woman...they were the men Jesus spoke to that were about to stone the adulteress.... throwing stones before examining oneselve's own sins....

i, for one moderate democrat have witnessed this first hand and have witnessed the ever so slight retreat of other dems and their Christianity because they had been boxed in, by the religious right, on the abortion issue and being labeled as murderers and the such.... and dems saw the huge hypocrisy in the supposed christianity of the ''right'' and wanted no part of it!

yes, as a dem, i am privvy to these things and these discussions among dems that i know.

also, i saw it over and over again on message boards, how...if being a christian meant being like a war mongering, murdering for no just reason repubs, they wanted no part of it.....not Christ, BUT AN ASSOCIATION with the likes of the faux...SO THEY SAID... Christian right....

now i realize that is all very blunt, but you as a gop'er would only be able to get this info from someone on the left watching...

i never short changed my Christianity during this period and have always continued to profess it and when someone on the right indirectly called me a liberal heathen through their posted insult, i called them on it...

and as a Dem, i have taken on my fellow dems with abortion, and some of their idiotic responses like a fetus is just a mere clump of cells equivalent to a toe nail yahdeedah....

what i am also is a DOVE, not a HAWK....and i recognize that we probably need both, for balance and security....

i was scarred for life, when a child, when my dad was in viet nam....i thought, when he went down the tarmac at jfk, that i would never see my dad again... i was 8 years old.... i cried for a year straight, and prayed to God every second, that He would bring my dad home alive...i am sitting here tearing now just reliving it....

i don't want any other child to go through, unnecessarily for certain, what i had to go through....and i was a lucky one, my dad came home.... :(

i am a peacemaker... and believer in Christ and in peace....and turning the cheek and walking the extra mile with my adversary....

i admit, on these political board it becomes very hard and i may fail, but in general, i hate the fighting and going at the throats and am usually the one breaking the sparring up... just ask mainman or no1...though i have had it out with both over the years....

(but that's my evil twin stubborn side) lol...

hahaha...we dems ALWAYS have an excuse! j/k there....:)

oh, and my husband is a life long republican....along with his family...brother's a pastor, nieces home schooled.....

care

You have never been shy about telling all of us how you are an expert on everything - why should you stop now?

I AM an expert on some things - certainly not everything. you, on the other hand, are an expert on nothing, except, perhaps, the fine art of playing the moronic fool.

I AM an expert on some things - certainly not everything. you, on the other hand, are an expert on nothing, except, perhaps, the fine art of playing the moronic fool.

Your liberal arrogrance and "modesty" is showing thru this morning

no...you have NEVER answered my question about your assertion regarding the 60% decrease in US casualties....you have NEVER answered my question as to why Iran would support AQ who are killing Iraqi shiites.

you run away from your own words.

no...you have NEVER answered my question about your assertion regarding the 60% decrease in US casualties....you have NEVER answered my question as to why Iran would support AQ who are killing Iraqi shiites.

you run away from your own words.

Still trying to change the subject I see

no.... whatever the subject, you run away from it.

there is nothing wrong with candidates campaigning in church...both parties do it....the ACLU does not complain about it.... there IS something wrong about preachers campaigning from the pulpit...and I would complain about it if I heard of such a thing..... you cannot provide any instances of that, however.... you run away from that...

you run away from your assinine Iran supporting Al Qaeda bullshit.

you run away from your assinine 60% decrease in US casualties bullshit.

when will you ever stand up for your own words?

Forum List

Back