Obama campaign skips out on bill...

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
my Shitting Bull imitation...

Obama Campaign Slapped With $35,000 Bill From Newport Beach

Revenue officials in the city reportedly sent the bill, totaling $35,043.04, which covers the cost of extra police officers, reserve officers and overtime pay that the city contributed to the President’s visit, according to The Huffington Post.

The Corona del Mar Today reports that the invoice was City Manager Dave Kiff’s idea. Kiff stated in an email that:

“I think it is appropriate to treat it like a private event – if another private event that large and which required that much police presence occurred, we would bill the event sponsor. If the President was here on presidential business, we likely would not have billed for that.”

There was no response or payment by Thursday evening, according to Tara Finnigan, a Newport Beach spokeswoman.
See? The Obama campaign didn't pay the bill. I feel sorry for that town, I'm sure they need the money, and the Obama campaign stiffed them.

Revenue officials in the city reportedly sent the bill, totaling $35,043.04, which covers the cost of extra police officers, reserve officers and overtime pay that the city contributed to the President’s visit, according to The Huffington Post.

The Corona del Mar Today reports that the invoice was City Manager Dave Kiff’s idea. Kiff stated in an email that:

“I think it is appropriate to treat it like a private event – if another private event that large and which required that much police presence occurred, we would bill the event sponsor. If the President was here on presidential business, we likely would not have billed for that.”

There was no response or payment by Thursday evening, according to Tara Finnigan, a Newport Beach spokeswoman.
See? The Obama campaign didn't pay the bill. I feel sorry for that town, I'm sure they need the money, and the Obama campaign stiffed them.

I would bet you $20.00 that is not the 1st time :)

LMAO Good digging there C man.

Hey. Where the hell is shitting bull??

How come he/she isn't all over this one??

LMAO Good digging there C man.

Hey. Where the hell is shitting bull??

How come he/she isn't all over this one??

Prolly upset that I am mocking her posting style.

Forum List

Back