Obama Campaign Shreds ‘Lies’ in Ryan Speech

It’s unsurprising that Romney and Ryan would lie, given their lack of respect for the American voter, and their lack of integrity overall.

Also unsurprising is that most conservatives subscribing to this thread are failing to address the topic, they instead engage in deflection and personal attack.

Sweet Jesus, Ryan didn't lie........I can't believe the left doesn't get the joke, it was all true. :lol:

Not only that, but all four so-called lies have been addressed in this very thread.
Selective ignorance is a liberal cornerstone.

A web ad produced by the Obama campaign highlights four lines from Ryan’s speech that Democrats say were downright “false.”
Ryan said Wednesday that $716 billion were “funneled out of Medicare by President Obama,” suggesting the administration had raided the program at the expense of beneficiaries.
In reality, the Affordable Care Act did not alter existing Medicare benefits as guaranteed by law but instead trimmed payments to service providers while reducing waste, fraud and abuse, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Ryan also didn’t mention that he proposed the same $716 billion in Medicare savings in his signature budget.
(Republicans claim the trimmed payments will result in some lost benefits and higher costs, particularly for seniors with Medicare Advantage plans.)
Ryan also tied the president to the closure of a GM auto plant in Janesville, Wis., where Obama stumped in 2008 and pledged to help it stay open. But what Ryan didn’t mention is that that the plant produced its last GM car and transitioned to standby phase before Obama began his term.
“The president told the people of Wisconsin he would ‘lead an effort to retool’ it and restart production,” said Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck. “But when the bailout’s winners and losers were decided, Janesville ended up losing.” The plant remains closed.
On the $800 stimulus package, Ryan accused President Obama of “political patronage, corporate welfare and cronyism at their worst.” The congressman from Wisconsin did not mention, however, that he too sought a piece of the pie. Letters from his office and with his signature show that he appealed to federal officials for grants on behalf of two state energy conservation companies. (Ryan has since said the letters were mishandled.)
Democrats claim that perhaps the rankest hypocrisy from Ryan came when he slammed Obama for not embracing the deficit-reduction proposals of the Simpson-Bowles Commission. “He thanked them, sent them on their way and did exactly nothing,” Ryan said last night. Left unsaid is that Ryan, who was a member of the panel, voted against the same plan.
Obama Campaign Shreds ‘Lies’ in Ryan Speech - ABC News

Wow ! Ryan is taking a beating.

How is it that you leftist moonbats wail on and on about 'truth", and then spew nothing but lies?

It’s unsurprising that Romney and Ryan would lie, given their lack of respect for the American voter, and their lack of integrity overall.

Also unsurprising is that most conservatives subscribing to this thread are failing to address the topic, they instead engage in deflection and personal attack.

After a while of defending someone from the lies of the left, the only thing left to do is laugh at those throwing the lies around :dunno:

Obama DID rob @ $700 billion from medicare, he DID promise the plant would remain open if he was elected, and would it have been OK for Ryan to vote "present" on Simpson-Bowles Commission...?

Yeah. It is pretty sad when jobs are leaving.
Actually Bush thought it was pretty good. The Bush White House supported the GM closing of the Janesville plant during his term, said GM was "adapting well." :eusa_shhh:

GM slashes truck, SUV production over gasoline prices

GM slashes truck, SUV production over gasoline prices
05/06/2008 - General Motors predicted Tuesday the end of the era of gasoline guzzlers as it announced plans to close four North American truck and sport utility vehicle plants and ramp up production of new fuel-efficient vehicles.
snip/
The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was "adapting well" to market shifts.

"It's a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they're adapting well," spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

snip/
GM plans to shutter production at its Toluca, Mexico, pickup truck at the end of the year and its Oshawa, Canada, plant will be closed in 2009. Plants in Moraine, Ohio, and Janesville, Wisconsin, are slated for closure in 2010 "or sooner if market demand dictates," GM said.

This is what Obama said in a speech at the Janesville plant:

On February 13, 2008, Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama stated, "This can be America’s future. I know that General Motors received some bad news yesterday, and I know how hard your Governor has fought to keep jobs in this plant. But I also know how much progress you’ve made – how many hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicles you’re churning out. And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America; right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President."

This is what happened:

In October 2008, GM announced Janesville Assembly would be largely idled December 23, 2008 when production of SUVs would end.

December 23, 2008 SUV production ends, and more than 2,000 GM workers are laid off, according to the Gazette. Medium truck production continues.

57 production employees continued assembly work at the Janesville Assembly until April 2009, completing decommission the plant.the GM/Isuzu light truck partnership and then an additional 40 to 50 "skilled trade employees" worked to decommission the plant.

He lost that fight.

That's the money that Obamacare will SAVE Medicare, ya brainwashed morons. The Ryan Plan will cut the same amount and use it for a huge tax cut on the bloated rich.

What Obama said in Feruary 2008 was soon overtaken by the Booosh Economic meltdown and Depression, jackazz.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back