Obama Campaign Says GOP Blocking Jobs Bill--After Reid Blocks Jobs Bill

Bitch McConnell has just put his foot in his mouth! Now the GOP can't filibuster the bill so it will need only 50 votes instead of 60!!!!

Do you not realize that the worst possible scenario for Democrats would be if Obama's "jobs bill" were to actually pass? It's a half-hearted do-over of the original stimulus which would provide the same results. You think blowing another half a trillion dollars on a badly conceived plan is going to help get Obama and the Democrats another term? Obama set this whole thing up so there wasn't a chance in Hell of it ever being passed. This is all about having an issue to run on...not putting forth legislation that would help the 14 million that are currently unemployed.
If that were true the GOP would go out of their way to pass it!!!!!
In spite of what Bitch "The Turtle" McConnell said, the GOP will filibuster the bill when it comes up for a vote. There is no way the GOP will let 50 votes pass the bill.

Not everyone is constantly trying to get over on the opposition like Obama and the Dems are. There are still a few adults in Washington contrary to what you think.

Nobody wants to pass that turkey, but they're willing to make Reid and Obama eat their own bovine-feces, plus they know that they won't have to filibuster it because too many Democrats know their jobs are on the line if they vote for it.

Last edited:
Harry Reid????

You're shitting me!!!!

He hasn't voted on a budget in 888 days and you have the nerve to say he's doing his friggen job????

Go bury your head back in the sand lady cuz you ain't up to speed.

Apparently, the ignorant twat thinks Reid's job description is "shamelessly shilling for the President". Last I heard, Congress doesn't work for the President AT ALL, but what would she know?

why did you feel the need to insult all of the ignorant twats of the world?

Because I'm a bad, bad person, and I don't even feel guity for it.

Apparently, the ignorant twat thinks Reid's job description is "shamelessly shilling for the President". Last I heard, Congress doesn't work for the President AT ALL, but what would she know?

why did you feel the need to insult all of the ignorant twats of the world?

Twat. I hate that word. I prefer coked up shit-for-brains glory-hole loving crack-whore.

That's more civilized then Twat.

Yeah, well, I was in a hurry, and "twat" is faster to type.

Yeah, the ones that are up for reelection in 2012 and see the writing on the wall after 2010. Kind of why Claire McCaskill suddenly had pressing business she couldn't get out of when President Obama brought his "magical mystery tour" to Missouri. You're going to see Democrats from at danger States start avoiding the President like he has a communicable illness.

He does. It's called "Cantgetelected-itis".

Bitch McConnell has just put his foot in his mouth! Now the GOP can't filibuster the bill so it will need only 50 votes instead of 60!!!!

Do you not realize that the worst possible scenario for Democrats would be if Obama's "jobs bill" were to actually pass? It's a half-hearted do-over of the original stimulus which would provide the same results. You think blowing another half a trillion dollars on a badly conceived plan is going to help get Obama and the Democrats another term? Obama set this whole thing up so there wasn't a chance in Hell of it ever being passed. This is all about having an issue to run on...not putting forth legislation that would help the 14 million that are currently unemployed.
In spite of what Bitch "The Turtle" McConnell said, the GOP will filibuster the bill when it comes up for a vote. There is no way the GOP will let 50 votes pass the bill.
Did I call it or what!!!!

Tense Senate exchange flares over president's jobs bill - CNN

Reid countered McConnell's proposal by offering to take a procedural vote on whether simply to take up the bill on the floor and debate it. Because it's typical for senators of each party to vote together on a procedural motion like that, Reid could be confident he would get all 53 Democratic senators to vote yes, even if some opposed the underlying bill.
Recognizing such a vote would muddy his effort to prove the Democrats are fractured, McConnell objected to Reid's motion and the debate concluded.

Did I call it or what!!!!

Reid countered McConnell's proposal by offering to take a procedural vote on whether simply to take up the bill on the floor and debate it. Because it's typical for senators of each party to vote together on a procedural motion like that, Reid could be confident he would get all 53 Democratic senators to vote yes, even if some opposed the underlying bill.
Recognizing such a vote would muddy his effort to prove the Democrats are fractured, McConnell objected to Reid's motion and the debate concluded.

Thanks for posting the rest of the story, exposing once again the mendacity of the New Right and their tactic of posting half-truths. If the New Right which now controls the GOP and their fellow travelers who post on this message regularly had anything worth supporting they wouldn't need to lie excessively, both by commission and omission.

Wonder what they think this tax hike will do??

Will the economy come roaring back?

Will everyone have a job?

Barry will get re-elected?

I'd be willing to take a bet. NO to all of the above.

Forum List

Back