Obama Campaign Drops The George W. Bush Talking Point

Can Obama abstain from Blaming Bush This Election Cycle?

• Total voters
WASHINGTON -- At roughly noon on Tuesday, shortly after Gov. Rick Perry unveiled the tax policy platform for his presidential campaign, President Obama's reelection team offered a response. The Texas Republican and top challenger Mitt Romney wanted to "shift a greater share of taxes away from large corporations and the wealthiest onto the backs of the middle class," the campaign's press secretary, Ben LaBolt, emailed reporters.

It was a customary campaign response: tough-worded, carefully crafted and with a targeted message. Notably, it excluded mention of the most oft-criticized GOP figure of the last decade: former President George W. Bush.

From President Obama's 2008 campaign through the mid-term elections in 2010, the nation's 43rd president has served as a reliable boogeyman. The phrase "Bush's failed economic policies" was ingrained in the political lexicon. The "Bush foreign policy" became synonymous with disastrous adventures overseas. A "return to Bush" was the threat attached to any prospective Republican

It's about fucking time,, but I have my doubts.
Dear God! Obama take personal responsibility?

Seriously?

He's going to run on his record?

:eek:

he is going to run on the "Obama goggles" version of his record (obama goggles are similar to beer goggls, make things you normally wouldn't like look good)

Yes, Obama does not have to blame the man who the vast majority of Americans blame for the worst Economy since the Great Depression. Why state the obvious when Americans know Bush is to blame, and that Obama has been trying to clean up Bush's mess.

The problem is, Obama doesn't know HOW to clean ANYTHING up! All he knows how to do is add to the problem.

9 months after Bush was sworn in, we were attacked (which could have been prevented if Clinton had done HIS job)

We went to war (because of intel from the CIA, who Bush is supposed to be able to count on for truthful information - same as Obama would if he was in his place). Besides, the majority of democrats voted for the war too. The costs of the was in Iraq & Afghanistan is equal between the Dems and Reps! Anything besides that is all Obama's baby...since he decides to bypass congress.

Bush tried at LEAST several times to warn the government about the mortgage problems (that i believe was put in place when Clinton (again) was in office!). EVERYONE ignored him.

The dems had control of congress until the beginning of 2007....they did NOTHING but fill their pockets and screw everyone else. what did they ever accomplish??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Obama screwed us with the stimulus that everyone knows has been a failure, now he wants to do it again. Yes, Bush did a bailout, but Obama just kept it up and made it worse!

He didn't want to cut spending as much as we should have which caused the lowering of our credit to AA. Now there's talk of another decrease from another source...wth??

He thinks he can do whatever he wants, even bypassing congress! Well that's fine, but when one of his little plans gets screwed up then HE'S to blame.

After 3 years, he's finally bringing our troops home from Iraq...well whoopty dooo! I'm glad they're coming home (my son's been there 3 times). So what happened to his promise to close Gitmo? Or any of his other campaign promises he made? He should have to return that nifty Peace Prize he got for doing NOTHING, and everything that came with it.

Yes....i can't stand the man, he's a fake and is only where he is because others put him there (and covered up as much of his life as they possibly could!)

Ok....rant over, for a minute! Lol!

WASHINGTON -- At roughly noon on Tuesday, shortly after Gov. Rick Perry unveiled the tax policy platform for his presidential campaign, President Obama's reelection team offered a response. The Texas Republican and top challenger Mitt Romney wanted to "shift a greater share of taxes away from large corporations and the wealthiest onto the backs of the middle class," the campaign's press secretary, Ben LaBolt, emailed reporters.

It was a customary campaign response: tough-worded, carefully crafted and with a targeted message. Notably, it excluded mention of the most oft-criticized GOP figure of the last decade: former President George W. Bush.

From President Obama's 2008 campaign through the mid-term elections in 2010, the nation's 43rd president has served as a reliable boogeyman. The phrase "Bush's failed economic policies" was ingrained in the political lexicon. The "Bush foreign policy" became synonymous with disastrous adventures overseas. A "return to Bush" was the threat attached to any prospective Republican

It's about fucking time,, but I have my doubts.
Dear God! Obama take personal responsibility?

Seriously?

He's going to run on his record?

:eek:

he is going to run on the "Obama goggles" version of his record (obama goggles are similar to beer goggls, make things you normally wouldn't like look good)
Kool-aid is more intoxicating than beer, too. ;)

Unfortunately, he hasn't the drinking base he once had. Folks only offer up one leg to pull, normally.

Forum List

Back