Obama Calls Republicans Out Of Touch...At A Solar Plant During A GASOLINE Crisis

Cool.

That makes me feel better knowing the price per barrel went down yet the price at the pump climbed 20 cents in 3 weeks.

I'm so happy it costs $60 to fill my tank when last December it cost $38.

That has nothing to do with capacity.
You want me to get ugly???

The price......that's at issue here.....not the availability.

It doesn't matter how much there is if nobody can afford it.

You have already proven yourself to be ugly.

So what are you suggesting? That the government establish price controls? Stop the export of refined petroleum products? Just what is it that you want the government to do?

Cool.

That makes me feel better knowing the price per barrel went down yet the price at the pump climbed 20 cents in 3 weeks.

I'm so happy it costs $60 to fill my tank when last December it cost $38.

That is because our government raised our gas taxes on January 1, 2012.

Your gas taxes went up by $1.80? lol

Nation wide taxes went up by 45 cents & NC went up by an additional 20 cents. Now according to dumb-ass Obamacrats this should have made gas prices go down.:cuckoo: But instead prices exploded. Go figure.

So we give up on solar? and wind? and just go back to the path of an ever increasing dependence on an ever more scarce resource,

oil?

Where do the lower energy prices come from in that plan?

The oil companies don't want lower prices, you know. The oil companies want your dependence on oil/gas to allow them to sell it at the highest price they can squeeze out of you.

Wake up.

We need an energy policy. We also need more funding for R&D until they come up with a viable renewable energy plan. People will not chose inferior energy. We need way better battery technology to get wind & solar to ever become viable.

But the way to get that technology is to defund R and D, right? You Repubs are do damned dense.

All we "Repubs" are asking is that before Barry makes fossil fuels so expensive that it sends our economy into a tailspin...that he has a plan in place to bridge the gap between NOW when most of our energy needs comes from fossil fuels to when alternative energy sources have been developed.

What's "dense" is having an energy policy consisting of imposing costs on fossil fuels to the point of making other sources viable when you don't have anywhere NEAR of the other sources to support our economy. To put it simply...Barack Obama hasn't thought this thing through. The obvious backtracking he and Steven Chu are doing in regard to the price of gasoline shows this quite clearly. They are enacting policy that affects our economy in HUGE ways and they don't seem to have thought about the ramifications of those policies before doing so.

Who the hell would do something THAT stupid? A bunch of ideologues who are so far removed from the "real world" that they can't see a problem with what they are doing...that's who! Do you progressives have ANY idea how badly fucked we would be right now if Obama had gotten his way with Cap & Trade? Not only would we be looking at $4 a gallon gas but our electric bills would be skyrocketing as well. Talk about a one - two punch to the gut of our economy! These people have to go before they do some serious damage. It's time for Barry to go home and work on his golf game.

Here...perhaps I could put this into some perspective for the conservatives here....

Lets pretend it's 100 years ago.

Taft calls Democrats out of touch at an automobile plant during yet ANOTHER "hay is too expensive and there's too much horse-shit in the street" crisis.

Way to think in terms of what you're used to.
Good thing our progenitors aren't as limited as you. We'd still be banging rocks together in caves.

Did Taft throw billions at Henry Ford?

That happened during WW2.

That has nothing to do with capacity.
You want me to get ugly???

The price......that's at issue here.....not the availability.

It doesn't matter how much there is if nobody can afford it.

You have already proven yourself to be ugly.

So what are you suggesting? That the government establish price controls? Stop the export of refined petroleum products? Just what is it that you want the government to do?
Something they would never consider, get the fuck out of oil producer's way.

Forum List

Back