Obama calls for up/Down vote on health care

Just more bromides full of sound and fury and meaning nothing except that his Ego Must Be Served.

I got the usual sensation of throwing up a bit in my mouth while listening to him.

Are you expecting anything like Ethical Consistency from him?

I gave up on that long ago.

I still don't see anyone addressing real healthcare issues, only working to enrich insurance companies.

As I posted in another thread, why is it that when I pay cash for services, I end up paying about the same amount as I would pay for a deductable if I use health insurance. before i started going to Mexico for treatment, I was paying cash in California. I had health insurance, but when I was diagnosed the company I worked for let me know I was too expenseive, and cancelled my coverage, then terminated me.
The fact is, when I was forced to start paying cash, the cost was about the same as the deductables I was paying.
The fact that the defensive medicine practices almost killed me led me to refuse to get treatment in the USA, but that is another story. I also could not get the holistic care in the USA that has helped me.
The question remains however; How is forcing everyone to buy insurance making health care any cheaper when the price is different if one pays cash, and those costs are comperable to the deductable one pays with insurance.
Isn't this just a gift to the insurance companies?

That thread is here;
http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...are/107413-nogales-dialysis-this-evening.html

I hear a sound... the giant sucking sound created by his poll numbers crashing........

Aw, what's the matter?

Is he actually trying to get this through without the "party-of-no"'s consent?

Are you all worried about your poor little corporate interests?

Did your temper tantrum not work?

Poor right-wing lunatics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kCJQqtPgFg]YouTube - Obama calls for nuclear option 1[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjOgGyAkcE]YouTube - Obama calls for nuclear option 2[/ame]

The question remains however; How is forcing everyone to buy insurance making health care any cheaper when the price is different if one pays cash, and those costs are comperable to the deductable one pays with insurance.

Isn't this just a gift to the insurance companies?

Yes, it is. It is not Health Care Reform - it's insurance reform. Big Business often likes the government to step in and implement regulations (and their lobbyists often write them). ObamaCare will protect insurance company profit margins by continuing to define down the standard of care while keeping prices high.

We'd all be better off paying for our routine care with money saved in HSAs, with surpluses rolling over and accumulating over time - supplemented by catastrophic insurance.

Insurance as it stands now is required to provided services which the majority neither want nor need, but are forced to pay for, such as psychotherapy and chiropractic care.

Aw, what's the matter? We are worried about the well being of the country.
Is he actually trying to get this through without the "party-of-no"'s consent? No, he is pushing through something that a majority of the people of this country don't want.

Are you all worried about your poor little corporate interests? I don't have any corporate interests except that I want all corporations to do well so that they hire people. Isn't that what you want?
Did your temper tantrum not work? I didn't have a temper tantrum.
Poor right-wing lunatics.

You seem more concerned about defeating conservatives that you are about the well being of people and the country.

We are worried about the well being of the country.

Which is the reason you have consistently told lies about the health care plan since the debate opened.

No the only people who seem to be doing ANYTHING to move forward in a way that seems to be at all looking toward the well-being of the country is the Democrats. Whether you agree with their methods is a different matter, but they are in fact trying to do what they believe will help the country.

No, he is pushing through something that a majority of the people of this country don't want.

OK, let me explain something to you about the way representative democracy works:

When people run on a platform, and they are elected, it is their job to live up to the promises they made in that platform.

Every piece of Health care that Republicans are currently against was spelled out during the campaign season, including mandates, the Public Option, etc, etc.

Which means that it is the duty of the representatives elected on this promise to try to DELIVER on that promise.

That means that if a bunch of corporations run a disinformation campaign to temporarily turn the tide of public opinion, the representatives should not be swayed from their duty.

If the people then want to vote them out of office in the next election season, that is their prerogative, but the Democrats are simply doing what they promised they would do by trying to get this legislation past.

I don't have any corporate interests except that I want all corporations to do well so that they hire people. Isn't that what you want?

The existence of society does not depend on how well individual Corporations do.

The success or failure of Health Insurance corporations don't matter a whit to me when compared against the general public good.

I didn't have a temper tantrum

The entire right-wing of the Republican party had a temper tantrum. You all started screaming your heads off because you have more trust in corporations than you do in government.

Well, let me tell you something, if you give corporations a free hand, they will run you over without a thought. The only thing corporations care about is making a profit. To them, your life means diddly squat.

You seem more concerned about defeating conservatives that you are about the well being of people and the country.

I could care less about "defeating conservatives". Nice attempt at projection though, since the only purpose the Republican party seems to have at the moment is to try and defeat Democrats, no matter what the consequences.

My concern is to make sure that the projections for the cost of health insurance don't become reality. I want to be able to provide health care for my child. In 10 years he'll be 11, and if the projections are right, there will be no way I can afford to cover health insurance costs for him.

Last edited:
If in 10 years you don't think you can afford coverage for your child and/or yourself, I suggest you start advancing your skills and worth to ensure you can afford it.. instead of thinking government and society exists to do it for you

This guy still doesn't get it. We want comprehensive bipartisan healthcare reform....NOT HIS ONE-SIDED SPECIAL DEAL FOR UNIONS.

And that is the biggest line of BS I have ever heard.

No-one on the Republican side seems to want any kind of health care reform at all, if it contains even one idea that was suggested by a Democrat.

All Republicans have done this entire time is run scare tactic campaigns and attempted to delay this legislation any way they possibly can until November comes around.

The Democrats keep on proposing that Republican ideas be accepted into the legislation, and then the Republicans keep on turning around and claiming they don't want the amendments and ideas they themselves suggested...

I was looking for the song "Down doobie down down down, but I don't know the artist

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZGXvGGcfw"]Down Down down![/ame]

This guy still doesn't get it. We want comprehensive bipartisan healthcare reform....NOT HIS ONE-SIDED SPECIAL DEAL FOR UNIONS.

And that is the biggest line of BS I have ever heard.

No-one on the Republican side seems to want any kind of health care reform at all, if it contains even one idea that was suggested by a Democrat.

All Republicans have done this entire time is run scare tactic campaigns and attempted to delay this legislation any way they possibly can until November comes around.

The Democrats keep on proposing that Republican ideas be accepted into the legislation, and then the Republicans keep on turning around and claiming they don't want the amendments and ideas they themselves suggested...

No... THAT is the biggest line of BS I have ever heard.... most conservatives do want reforms to happen without larger government, more entitlements, and the mistaken mantra that everyone is owed things for their personal care at the expense of someone else

If in 10 years you don't think you can afford coverage for your child and/or yourself, I suggest you start advancing your skills and worth to ensure you can afford it.. instead of thinking government and society exists to do it for you

I won't be able to afford it because the average cost for health insurance in 2020 is estimated to be $30,000 per family.

Now, I don't know about you, but that seems like a lot to me.

I guess it doesn't seem like a lot to people who think that $200 K a year is an "average salary". :cuckoo:

I make quite a comfortable living, but $200 k is still an exceptional salary to me.

Call me crazy...

I was looking for the song "Down doobie down down down, but I don't know the artist

You're thinking of:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4"]Neil Sedaka's "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"[/ame]

Last edited:
No... THAT is the biggest line of BS I have ever heard.... most conservatives do want reforms to happen without larger government, more entitlements, and the mistaken mantra that everyone is owed things for their personal care at the expense of someone else

Really, then perhaps you can explain this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5AmhI9g7o]YouTube - Senate Republicans Block Own Amendments on Health Care Bill[/ame]

Video doesn't lie.

Forum List

Back