Obama calls for all Americans to pledge their loyalty to the government!

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

A republic is a form of government so when you recite the pledge of allegiance, you are pledging your allegiance to the government.

obama-no-patriotthumbnail.jpg

i'll get right on it...

Looks like he's protecting his "Johnson"!

Nope, not they get rid of corporate personhood, Kill off CISPA, prevent and prosecute those who try to pull something similar, pull out of Afghanistan and just focus on carpetbombing the terrorists, give NASA a new space program, Push to make it a criminal offense for anyone in congress to accept bribes, doing any insider trading, communicating with corporations on making bills, and doing business with big businesses and corporations at all, make better choiced for our education, and legalize Marijuanna for medicinal purposes.CISPA Infographic by Lumin Consulting -

I would like to know what a corporation could be besides "people"? Im completely open to an explanation and changing my mind on the whole "corporate person" thing if someone can actually Tell me how if not made up by people, then what is a corporation made up of?

Corporations are entities.
Person is defined: : human, individual —sometimes used in combination especially by those who prefer to avoid man in compounds applicable to both sexes <chairperson> <spokesperson>
Person - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Presidential Proclamation--Loyalty Day

When our Nation's Founders adopted the Declaration of Independence, they pledged to build a government that represented America's highest ideals, a Union that secured its people's sacred rights by "deriving [its] just powers from the consent of the governed." From the Revolutionary War to the formation of our young country, our Founders' commitment to this principle never wavered. In the fall of 1787, America launched its improbable experiment in democracy, embedding in our Constitution the core values of liberty, equality, and justice for all.

Throughout our proud history, Americans motivated by loyalty and fidelity to these principles have worked to perfect our Union. Our Constitution grants Americans unprecedented freedoms and opportunities. We are free to speak our minds, worship as we please, choose our leaders, and criticize them when we disagree. The liberties enshrined in our founding documents define us as a people and a Nation, ensuring that every American with the drive to work hard and play by the rules has the chance to build a better life for their children and grandchildren.

For over two centuries, Americans have looked with pride and devotion on a Nation that reflects its people's highest moral aspirations. On this day, we celebrate our brave men and women in uniform and honor those who gave their lives to keep our country safe and free. We also reflect on the contributions of patriotic civilians united by an understanding that citizenship is not just a collection of rights, but also a set of responsibilities.

The ideals upheld by our forebears have stirred the resolute devotion of the American people and inspired hope in the hearts of people from across the globe. With trust in a future that keeps faith with our history, we remain true to the promise of America and the spirit that unites us all.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2011, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-ninth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand eleven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fifth.

BARACK OBAMA
I could reaffirm my allegiance to the USA, to our Constitution, and to our founding values 24/7/365.

You know that is not the same as loyalty to the government, right?

Right?

When our Nation's Founders adopted the Declaration of Independence, they pledged to build a government that represented America's highest ideals, a Union that secured its people's sacred rights by "deriving [its] just powers from the consent of the governed." From the Revolutionary War to the formation of our young country, our Founders' commitment to this principle never wavered. In the fall of 1787, America launched its improbable experiment in democracy, embedding in our Constitution the core values of liberty, equality, and justice for all.

Throughout our proud history, Americans motivated by loyalty and fidelity to these principles have worked to perfect our Union. Our Constitution grants Americans unprecedented freedoms and opportunities. We are free to speak our minds, worship as we please, choose our leaders, and criticize them when we disagree. The liberties enshrined in our founding documents define us as a people and a Nation, ensuring that every American with the drive to work hard and play by the rules has the chance to build a better life for their children and grandchildren.

For over two centuries, Americans have looked with pride and devotion on a Nation that reflects its people's highest moral aspirations. On this day, we celebrate our brave men and women in uniform and honor those who gave their lives to keep our country safe and free. We also reflect on the contributions of patriotic civilians united by an understanding that citizenship is not just a collection of rights, but also a set of responsibilities.

The ideals upheld by our forebears have stirred the resolute devotion of the American people and inspired hope in the hearts of people from across the globe. With trust in a future that keeps faith with our history, we remain true to the promise of America and the spirit that unites us all.

In order to recognize the American spirit of loyalty and the sacrifices that so many have made for our Nation, the Congress, by Public Law 85-529 as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day." On this day, let us reaffirm our allegiance to the United States of America, our Constitution, and our founding values.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2011, as Loyalty Day. This Loyalty Day, I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-ninth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand eleven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fifth.

BARACK OBAMA
I could reaffirm my allegiance to the USA, to our Constitution, and to our founding values 24/7/365.

You know that is not the same as loyalty to the government, right?

Right?

No where does obama tell Americans to pledge their loyalty to the government.

Who would have thought I would have a reason to defend obama

"I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands."

So one should not pledge their allegiance to their country?

anthem.jpg

"I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance, whether by displaying the flag of the United States or pledging allegiance to the Republic for which it stands."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what? you asswipes on the left have been fighting to get it stopped for years.. now on communist day you want to say a pledge? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what? you asswipes on the left have been fighting to get it stopped for years.. now on communist day you want to say a pledge? :lol::lol::lol:

Damn I didn't catch that but now I do. yes it is Communist day May 1

BARACK OBAMA

This is a sick fucking joke, right?

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

A republic is a form of government so when you recite the pledge of allegiance, you are pledging your allegiance to the government.
...and just why did YOU leave out "under God"?

Nope, not they get rid of corporate personhood, Kill off CISPA, prevent and prosecute those who try to pull something similar, pull out of Afghanistan and just focus on carpetbombing the terrorists, give NASA a new space program, Push to make it a criminal offense for anyone in congress to accept bribes, doing any insider trading, communicating with corporations on making bills, and doing business with big businesses and corporations at all, make better choiced for our education, and legalize Marijuanna for medicinal purposes.CISPA Infographic by Lumin Consulting -

I would like to know what a corporation could be besides "people"? Im completely open to an explanation and changing my mind on the whole "corporate person" thing if someone can actually Tell me how if not made up by people, then what is a corporation made up of?

Evil yard gnomes.

Obama should have delivered this speech to a joint session of Congress to encourage our elected representatives to be support and defend the CONSTITUTION as they swore to do when seated.

The people have no problem with loyalty. It's the goddamned crooks we sent to Washington that have problems with it.

Forum List

Back