Obama Calderón's Mexico But No For America?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Obama's remarks at the White House today, in greeting Mexico's President Calderón , included the following excerpt:

To fix our broken immigration system, I reaffirmed my deep commitment to working with Congress in a bipartisan way to pass comprehensive immigration reform. And comprehensive reform means accountability for everybody: government that is accountable for securing the border; businesses being held accountable when they exploit workers; people who break the law by breaching our borders being held accountable by paying taxes and a penalty and getting right with the law before they can earn their citizenship. We've been working hard to get this done. There's a strong proposal in the Senate, based on a bipartisan framework, and it can and should move forward.

(Comment: I have an idea. How about we arrest, detain and deport people who violate US immigration law EVEN if they are Mexican?)

We also discussed the new law in Arizona, which is a misdirected effort -- a misdirected expression of frustration over our broken immigration system, and which has raised concerns in both our countries. Today, I want every American to know my administration has devoted unprecedented resources in personnel and technology to securing our border. Illegal immigration is down, not up, and we will continue to do what's necessary to secure our shared border.

(Comment: Obama may want me to buy this fairy tale, but it ain't true.)

And I want everyone, American and Mexican, to know my administration is taking a very close look at the Arizona law. We're examining any implications, especially for civil rights. Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

(Comment: Pardon me but did I sleep through law school? What "civil rights" does an illegal alien have in the US?)

I get mad when I read this sort of lying bullshit. Don't you?

Last edited:
He said no person should be held to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

Isn't he the one that uttered the phrase "typical white person"???? In reference to his own mother's "suspicious" actions?

And don't be shocked you got no response to Obama's anti-American speech. Look at his record. Thats the norm. Him saying something pro-America would be shocking. But anti-USA? Thats who he is. He's been exposed. Sadly, most liberals like him even more now for some reason.

Obama's remarks at the White House today, in greeting Mexico's President Calderón , included the following excerpt:

To fix our broken immigration system, I reaffirmed my deep commitment to working with Congress in a bipartisan way to pass comprehensive immigration reform. And comprehensive reform means accountability for everybody: government that is accountable for securing the border; businesses being held accountable when they exploit workers; people who break the law by breaching our borders being held accountable by paying taxes and a penalty and getting right with the law before they can earn their citizenship. We've been working hard to get this done. There's a strong proposal in the Senate, based on a bipartisan framework, and it can and should move forward.

(Comment: I have an idea. How about we arrest, detain and deport people who violate US immigration law EVEN if they are Mexican?)

We also discussed the new law in Arizona, which is a misdirected effort -- a misdirected expression of frustration over our broken immigration system, and which has raised concerns in both our countries. Today, I want every American to know my administration has devoted unprecedented resources in personnel and technology to securing our border. Illegal immigration is down, not up, and we will continue to do what's necessary to secure our shared border.

And I want everyone, American and Mexican, to know my administration is taking a very close look at the Arizona law. We're examining any implications, especially for civil rights. Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

(Comment: Pardon me but did I sleep through law school? What "civil rights" does an illegal alien have in the US?)

Maddy, would you believe that the writers of the Constitution had a pretty good grasp of what words mean? In that vein, would you also go look up the document and tell the class how many times the word "persons" are used and how many times the word "citizens" is specified?

Do you think we should arrest and deport business owners who hire undocumented workers, thus inviting them and causing the very condition that everyone is pissing in their socks about? It would be a real conservation of time and money, as it would be a much shorter list, and target those who actually profit from the abuse of our laws and the misuse of human beings.

He said no person should be held to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

Isn't he the one that uttered the phrase "typical white person"???? In reference to his own mother's "suspicious" actions?

And don't be shocked you got no response to Obama's anti-American speech. Look at his record. Thats the norm. Him saying something pro-America would be shocking. But anti-USA? Thats who he is. He's been exposed. Sadly, most liberals like him even more now for some reason.

Because that's what his supporters are thinking.

He's saying Gospel to them.

• Banned

bucs, in fairness Obama's approval rating has been steadily declining. I doubt many like him BETTER than they did the day he took office, Liberal or not.

• Banned

Maddy, would you believe that the writers of the Constitution had a pretty good grasp of what words mean? In that vein, would you also go look up the document and tell the class how many times the word "persons" are used and how many times the word "citizens" is specified?

Do you think we should arrest and deport business owners who hire undocumented workers, thus inviting them and causing the very condition that everyone is pissing in their socks about? It would be a real conservation of time and money, as it would be a much shorter list, and target those who actually profit from the abuse of our laws and the misuse of human beings.

Yes we should arrest and prosecute Americans who hire illegal aliens, Barb. Yes they should be punished, and severely.

If they are citizens themselves, I think deportation might offend the "cruel and unusual punishment" ban, but hey, I'd give that a twirl too.

Fucking traitors.

• Banned

Because that's what his supporters are thinking.

He's saying Gospel to them.

Obama doubtless has fans in Mexico. In the USA, among voters, mebbe not so much.

Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

I know this may sound strange to you but there really are visitors and tourist from Mexico who are in this country legally. I agree with Obama. I see no reason why these people should be treated as criminal suspect simply because they are not Anglo. Americans in Mexico would certainly be upset if they were treated as criminal suspects simply because they didn't look Mexican.

Flopper wrote:

Because in the United States of America, no law-abiding person -- be they an American citizen, a legal immigrant, or a visitor or tourist from Mexico -- should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like.

Flopper, by definition, an illegal alien is NOT "a law abiding person".

What else ya got?

Have you looked at what will happen to American if every impoverished Mexican moves here?

Flopper wrote:

Flopper, by definition, an illegal alien is NOT "a law abiding person".

What else ya got?

Have you looked at what will happen to American if every impoverished Mexican moves here?
He said no law abiding citizen should ever be subject to suspicion simply because of what they look like. You disagree with this statement?

Of course I do. If the bank down the street is robbed by three teenaged girls, what sense does it make for the cops to stop and frisk older ladies like me?

The fact is, most illegal aliens here are from Mexico. They look MEXICAN. What is "unpatriotic" about searching for criminals among those most likely to actually BE criminals?

Where should we be looking? West Palm Beach?

Or is it just "unpatriotic" to be looking at all? Is the entire fucking world a "US citizen" now?

Where the fuck was all this "we are the world" horseshit when Muslim Americans were being hassled in airports after 9/11? We have every right to defend ourselves from criminals. How the fuck has that changed?

Last edited:
Of course I do. If the bank down the street is robbed by three teenaged girls, what sense does it make for the cops to stop and frisk older ladies like me?

The fact is, most illegal aliens here are from Mexico. They look MEXICAN. What is "unpatriotic" about searching for criminals among those most likely to actually BE criminals?

Where should we be looking? West Palm Beach?

Or is it just "unpatriotic" to be looking at all? Is the entire fucking world a "US citizen" now?

Where the fuck was all this "we are the world" horseshit when Muslim Americans were being hassled in airports after 9/11? We have every right to defend ourselves from criminals. How the fuck has that changed?
What’s wrong is that is not how our criminal justice system works? You have to have probably cause to detain a person. In your example, an officer could legally stop the teenage girls if there were sufficient cause. Being a teenager and a girl would not be sufficient cause. Similarly, you cannot detain a person because of their race, sex, or ethnicity. You have to have more. If a person looked Mexican, and they were running or hiding from police, then that would be sufficient cause, but if the officer simply stopped anyone who appeared to be Mexican then that would not be legal. If you are looking for a country where you can be detained for no other reason than your ethnicity, race, or religion then there are plenty of them around, but it’s not the US.

You are debating "stop and frisk" law, and that is complex, I will grant you. But if the cops have reason to stop a citizen who looks to be Mexican, I don't see the harm in asking them if they are in the US legally. Remember, possession of counterfeit identification documents is ANOTHER crime.

Whatever the over-arching solution to Mexican crime and poverty may be, the people of the US being assaulted, kidnapped and robbed by these illegal aliens have every right to expect crime control from US law enforcement.

So Obama tells us during his news conference that up to 1200 are going to deal with immigration.

Then he'd better tell the rest of his administration that because everyone else is saying they won't be dealing with immigration. Only drug and weapons interdiction.

That's hardly the worst of it, mudwhistle. This "comprehensive immigration reform" he references is not border security -- it's Amnesty for Illegal Aliens. Of all the lies that have been told to Americans by their Presidents, the lie that we can survive an attempt to absorb 11 Million new citizens in one fell swoop without bankrupting ourselves a la Social Security, etc. is the absolute WORST.

What Obama SHOULD tell Calderon is that Mexico needs to start using its own GDP to provide a decent standard of living for Mexican poor.

Forum List

Back