Obama bypasses Congress on DREAM Act, stops deporting young illegals

Wasn't right then.. ain't right now

So your point is nothing more than a "but, but, but Mom... HE did it too!!!" :rolleyes:

Part of the deal with Reagan signing that was that the Congress was going to enforce the laws and the border. Congress didn't fulfill thier obligation. [Reagan was dealing with Democrats...]

serving in the military or working on a degree and agreeing to use that degree in the USA is no freebie. it is something that must be worked for and earned, same with being in the military.

When their education is given or subsidized, along with things like healthcare treatment, lodging, etc... it is indeed a freebie, at the expense of those who actually work and pay taxes

I am all for legal immigration and people earning their way into citizenship... but this is just not right

I personally feel horrible for those who have gone about earning their citizen the right way.. waiting their turn... taking the test... etc... if I were one of them, I would be pissed as hell with the way the government is bending over backwards and giving breaks to ones who have done the wrong thing all along

If and I say If this does pan out to be true. It is another way for illegals to become legit, just like the forms we use now.

It is not 'illegals' that are 'becoming legit' that is supposed to be happening.. it is foreign nationals who are trying to LEGALLY become American citizens by going thru the proper channels.. and when THEY do something wrong, it thwarts the process.... yet these ones who are illegally here and already breaking the law, are being pandered to and getting breaks...

It's not wrong on so many levels

I could support a position of sorts IF THE BORDER WERE DEEMED FULLY SECURE FIRST.

This however is about the Latino vote not compasion for said voters. Things like this just embolden the opposition.

It's not illegal. The Executive has the right to prioritize issues and duties as he/she sees fit. That is the essence of management.

Why should AMERICANS be held responsible for the actions of those parents?

Ummm- technically they are not American's- That's the argument. The opposing view on their "right" to be here is valid. My position is one of empathy not law.

The executive branch is not entitled to "legislate" by fiat. In that you are mistaken.
they are Americans, if they did come from North, Central, or South America.

They are not US Citizens nor legal visitors to the US... Feel better now??

The point still stands though

So your point is nothing more than a "but, but, but Mom... HE did it too!!!" :rolleyes:

Part of the deal with Reagan signing that was that the Congress was going to enforce the laws and the border. Congress didn't fulfill thier obligation. [Reagan was dealing with Democrats...]

I don't care if it was a deal with caveats or not... I still believe the move in itself was wrong

I don't care if it was a deal with caveats or not... I still believe the move in itself was wrong

I agree 100%.

That's why you should never believe a lying democrat when he tells you he'll cut spending if you'll just "compromise" and agree to raise taxes. Those spending cuts never come do they?

That's why you should never believe a lying democrat when he tells you he'll cut spending if you'll just "compromise" and agree to raise taxes. Those spending cuts never come do they?

Nope...but by the same token small increases in thier pet programs Statists decry as cuts...

Tip ONeill, if I recall...

so those righties claiming this is extra constitutional ?

how does this sound to you?

If the president does it its not illegal.

so far as of yet their is still no Dream Act that has been made into a law.

Hopefully there will never be.. hopefully we will start enforcing the laws that we do have.. and hopefully we start doing a better job at securing borders.. and hopefully we stop all handouts to the illegal criminal aliens we have here and work more on booting them out

Forum List

Back