Obama buys half-hour of network primetime

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Barack Obama has purchased a half-hour of primetime television on CBS and NBC, sources confirm.

The Obama campaign is producing a nationwide pitch to voters that will air on at least two broadcast networks. The ad will run Wednesday, Oct. 29, at 8 p.m. -- less than a week before the general election.

The special is a smart move for the Obama campaign, said Larry Sabato, a political analyst and director of the Center of Politics at the University of Virginia.

"Obama's theme is not just change but unity, so he's appealing to the whole nation rather than a handful of tossup states," Sabato said. "He wants to win the popular vote by a good margin, which will enable him to govern."

And he's got the cash for it.

Whether John McCain's campaign will do the same remains to be seen, though there's one big thing moving against it: money. Unlike Obama, who rejected public financing of the presidential campaign, McCain is accepting it. That means the McCain camp is limited in the amount of money that it can spend and raise, and in its TV buying has been limited mostly to ads in battleground states such as Pennsylvania and Florida.

"There will be no second-guessing the Obama campaign on decisions involving resources," Tracey said. "He's not doing this and pulling down [ad] buys in Florida. This is not an either/or decision. They've got 25 days and unlimited amounts of money."

Obama buys half-hour of network primetime--The Live Feed

don't know they are pretty expensive.

Maybe he shoul dhave a dinner at 30k a plate to pay for it

don't know they are pretty expensive.

Maybe he shoul dhave a dinner at 30k a plate to pay for it

The article does say that McCain might not have the money to do this, but the networks do have to give him the opportunity to be fair.

The Republicans hate it that Obama raised so much money from people like me. Grass roots baby!!! Everyone wants special interest and lobbyists out of our politics, well this is the way to do it. If Obama makes enough money from middle class Americans, he doesn't have to make promises to Corporations. Or not as many promises. I'm sure he has made some promises. But not the promises McCain is making to them. McCain promises to make us even poorer so their corporations can make even more money. That is if the company even cares about making money. So many of them seem to be run by executives who don't care about the company, only their million dollar paychecks.

lol yeah grass roots...millions of contributions of 200 bucks or less from people called mr. do good and mr. feelgood

I will do public financing......mr obama we can raise hundreds of millions more with his loophole....i will not use public financing

Obama already has his own fucking channel on Dish Network.

Obama has taken advantage of a new tool called viral marketing. He's everywhere, and so people buy into because they think it's the trendy thing to do.

Obama has taken advantage of a new tool called viral marketing. He's everywhere, and so people buy into because they think it's the trendy thing to do.

Kind of like how you're buying into how McCain will somehow be any different than Obama?

lol yeah grass roots...millions of contributions of 200 bucks or less from people called mr. do good and mr. feelgood

Can you show me anyone in the history of American Presidential elections who did it any more GRASS ROOTS than Obama?

I think you underestimate what he was able to accomplish.

PS. He did something else no Republican can ever say they did. Know what that is? Beat a Clinton!!!!

Whatever works!!!!:lol::eusa_clap::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Can you show me anyone in the history of American Presidential elections who did it any more GRASS ROOTS than Obama?

I think you underestimate what he was able to accomplish.

PS. He did something else no Republican can ever say they did. Know what that is? Beat a Clinton!!!!

John Paul Hammerschmidt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"he secured his fifth term by defeating the then 28-year-old future President Bill Clinton"

You could very well be right and they wouldn't be much different. So why not be a part of history and vote for the multi-racial guy?

Why be a part of voting for the guy who votes with Bush 91% of the time? Or the guy who crashed the S&L industry in the 80's much like he crashed this economy?

It's time for change. It was time 4 years ago, but you guys wanted to give Bush 4 more years. Now you are all distancing yourselves from Bush but we all remember you went along with his program for 7 years. Too late. Time to go!!!

Why be a part of voting for the guy who votes with Bush 91% of the time? Or the guy who crashed the S&L industry in the 80's much like he crashed this economy?

It's time for change. It was time 4 years ago, but you guys wanted to give Bush 4 more years. Now you are all distancing yourselves from Bush but we all remember you went along with his program for 7 years. Too late. Time to go!!!

It's funny how nobody likes Bush now, but they were all for him then.

We need an intelligent president who is at the top of his game.......Barack Obama.

Forum List

Back