Obama buying houses now?

It already DOES suck for you. In case you haven't noticed, the economy is a little bit fucked nowadays.

Play dodgeball much?

Answer me, why should I - who live within my means, who compromised and did without in order to live within my means - have to foot the bill for those who live beyond their means?

Because thats life. Because their actions fucked the economy, and either way you will suffer. You can either suffer more, or suffer less.

Now you're getting it. Yes, THEIR actions helped fuck the economy; MY actions did not. THEY chose to live beyond their means; I did not.

I choose to suffer less and say no bailouts to those who fucked the economy.

So stop paying taxes, move off the grid, and do everything yourself.

You are relying on other people to pay taxes so that a centralized organization can harness the power of the masses to complete large projects.

Right. I pay for basic services provided by the government. And it's bullshit that the government wants to use tax money from responsible people to bailout irresponsible people who chose to live their life on a credit card.

Play dodgeball much?

Answer me, why should I - who live within my means, who compromised and did without in order to live within my means - have to foot the bill for those who live beyond their means?

Because thats life. Because their actions fucked the economy, and either way you will suffer. You can either suffer more, or suffer less.

Now you're getting it. Yes, THEIR actions helped fuck the economy; MY actions did not. THEY chose to live beyond their means; I did not.

Actually thats you choosing to suffer more.

You are relying on other people to pay taxes so that a centralized organization can harness the power of the masses to complete large projects.

Right. I pay for basic services provided by the government. And it's bullshit that the government wants to use tax money from responsible people to bailout irresponsible people who chose to live their life on a credit card.

Life on a credit card? Thats not what this was about. This was about people making an incorrect prediction about the future. I know, I know, we should penalize mistakes as much as possible because everything is so obvious in hindsight.

It's no consolation that hundreds of real estate sales and mortgage companies have themselves declared bankruptcy (Countrywide being the most visible). Is it good for them and not their victims?

Victims? Really?

Its not called predatory lending practices for no reason.

Ok Nik. I think we've previously established that your bulb doesn't shine that brightly, so I'll keep this simple. Don't sign your name to a piece of paper you haven't read, or don't fully understand. The mortgage companies can't take advantage of you unless you let them.

Victims? Really?

Its not called predatory lending practices for no reason.

Ok Nik. I think we've previously established that your bulb doesn't shine that brightly, so I'll keep this simple. Don't sign your name to a piece of paper you haven't read, or don't fully understand. The mortgage companies can't take advantage of you unless you let them.

Just like women shoudn't wear short skirts, and are just asking to be raped, right?

Why do Republicans always insist on blaming the victims?

Actually thats you choosing to suffer more.

Life on a credit card? Thats not what this was about. This was about people making an incorrect prediction about the future. I know, I know, we should penalize mistakes as much as possible because everything is so obvious in hindsight.

'Life on a credit card' is an expression, guess you missed that.

This wasn't about people making an incorrect prediction about the future (please tell me, O Great Carnac . . . what does the future hold?), it was the shit hitting the fan as a result of many different problems . . . and part of the problem was people living beyond their means as if the bubble would never burst.

I've no doubt that some of the people being foreclosed on are in trouble due to losing their job rather than living beyond their means and I've no problem extending a helping hand to them. It's those who 'live their life on a credit card', who spent what they didn't have and who are now in need of a bailout that should not get one.

'Blame the victim'? Did it ever occur to you that both the lenders and the borrowers are responsible or do you believe that if one makes a mistake is it always someone else's fault? I really don't think you get the concept of personal responsibility.

We all know people who live beyond their means, no matter how much they make. Long before the housing bubble burst P predicted many of these folks would find themselves up a creek. I passed no judgment then (besides thinking they liked living dangerously) but am furious now that we are supposed to clean up their mess. Bullshit.

We lost a ton of money in the stock market last year. My kids lost a third of their college funds. Where's our fucking bail out? Any of you libs want to donate to my kids college fund?

Why do dems hate people who take care of themselves?

and hopefully the guy that lost it learned to keep their debt under control.

Because theres nothing that makes one able to move up and be responsible like living on the street :clap2:

No dummy, they won't go from a $300,000 to $400,000 home to the street. They'll likely have to live in an apartment ( or whatever type of dwelling they can afford ) in a less desirable neighborhood until they can save enough to buy another home. Valuable fucking lesson learned and i'd bet they wouldn't make the same mistake again........:eusa_whistle:

Yes we should throw them out...tough love, sink or swim.....look one way for the government to take away or freedom to be anything we can be with hard work is to take away the drive to suceed, to strive to do better. People will become more and more dependent on someone else to bail them out and expect they are entitled to all of these things....We as Americans have the right to pursue happiness but we do not have the right to expect someone else pay for it. I worked hard to be where I am. I am proud of my accomplishments, but having the guy next door have those very same things given to him because he was not willing to work 70 hours a week to get to this point, is sad. Where will our country be when no one is motivated? standing in line for a hand out?

Yes we should throw them out...tough love, sink or swim.....look one way for the government to take away or freedom to be anything we can be with hard work is to take away the drive to suceed, to strive to do better. People will become more and more dependent on someone else to bail them out and expect they are entitled to all of these things....We as Americans have the right to pursue happiness but we do not have the right to expect someone else pay for it. I worked hard to be where I am. I am proud of my accomplishments, but having the guy next door have those very same things given to him because he was not willing to work 70 hours a week to get to this point, is sad. Where will our country be when no one is motivated? standing in line for a hand out?

Pretty much.

Yup, I can just see it, it'll be in the next generation, when the wealthy have given up what they had, the middle class has lost all motivation and incentive to bust their nuts to squeak out a living, and they'll be in that line with their hand out saying "it's that fuckin' Bushes fault!!".

New Topics

Forum List

Back