Obama: Bush gave iraqis opportunity for democracy

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Cheered wildly by U.S. troops, President Barack Obama flew unannounced into Iraq on Tuesday and promptly declared it was time for Iraqis to "take responsibility for their country" after America's commitment of six years and thousands of lives.

"You have given Iraq the opportunity to stand on its own as a democratic country," the president said as he made a brief inspection of a war he opposed as candidate and now vows to end as commander in chief. "That is an extraordinary achievement."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...obamairaq.html

Cheered wildly by U.S. troops, President Barack Obama flew unannounced into Iraq on Tuesday and promptly declared it was time for Iraqis to "take responsibility for their country" after America's commitment of six years and thousands of lives.

"You have given Iraq the opportunity to stand on its own as a democratic country," the president said as he made a brief inspection of a war he opposed as candidate and now vows to end as commander in chief. "That is an extraordinary achievement."

I think we knew long ago that they couldn't handle democracy.

The other day I gave a pit bull freedom, just as long as he promised not to hurt anyone.

I think we knew long ago that they couldn't handle democracy.

The other day I gave a pit bull freedom, just as long as he promised not to hurt anyone.

your leader says otherwise....

"That is an extraordinary achievement."

Hilarious, you really need to watch who your audience is to talk like that I'm afraid.
Especially after IGNORING Iraqi democracy groups for so long, then raping the country and saying 'after our COMMITMENT' it's time for you to do your own work.
Offensive, obviously - but funny in a sad, satirical way.

They were democratic like some other ME nations we all are told to hate, but funny things happen to democracy when big boys want what's under your sand.

bush imposed our form of "democracy" on iraq, in my opinion the western system is not very democratic at all. to gain election a candidate must either have money or have money behind them. the two parties in our country are a sham to divide the lower class and keep them fighting between themselves. the government of iraq is a puppet government it's not a real democracy.

Hilarious, you really need to watch who your audience is to talk like that I'm afraid.
Especially after IGNORING Iraqi democracy groups for so long, then raping the country and saying 'after our COMMITMENT' it's time for you to do your own work.
Offensive, obviously - but funny in a sad, satirical way.

They were democratic like some other ME nations we all are told to hate, but funny things happen to democracy when big boys want what's under your sand.

Might want to put that tinfoil hat back on. The messages from the black helicopters are getting through.:lol:

bush imposed our form of "democracy" on iraq, in my opinion the western system is not very democratic at all. to gain election a candidate must either have money or have money behind them. the two parties in our country are a sham to divide the lower class and keep them fighting between themselves. the government of iraq is a puppet government it's not a real democracy.

Muslims and/or Arabs will not have a Western-style democracy. The Arab culture and Islamic religion preclude it. Anyone who ever thought that doesn't know much about the ME.

Our form of democracy? really? you are aware we dont have any form of democracy correct? How do we impose what doesnt exist?

Not to mention that Iraq isnt a two party system, your complains are silly.

Our form of democracy? really? you are aware we dont have any form of democracy correct? How do we impose what doesnt exist?

Not to mention that Iraq isnt a two party system, your complains are silly.

That's why i put the word democracy in quotes, I don't feel that it is a democracy. Although the powers that be refer to it as a democracy all the time. Also you spelt complaints without the t, next time your attack someone elses views make sure you know how to spell all the words you're using.

Forum List

Back