Obama building the southern part of the pipe line ???

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
this is bullshit politics !!! he is not fooling anyone !!! he is going to start a pipeline to nowhere !!! he will not build the northern part of the line that will reach into canada !!! this is his pathetic attempt to say he is trying to up oil supplies !!!:badgrin::badgrin:

I love the way you right wingers grab on to some failure and hold on for dear life. The fiasco that was Iraq. The Bush tax cuts that helped move jobs to China and exploded the deficit. Trickle down. Slashing funding for education to ensure your kids are losers. And now this pipeline. You've convinced yourselves it's "magic" and will "do things". You are even convinced that it will lower oil and gas prices.

Too bad you think this is an attack and not an observation. You might have learned something.

I love the way you right wingers grab on to some failure and hold on for dear life. The fiasco that was Iraq. The Bush tax cuts that helped move jobs to China and exploded the deficit. Trickle down. Slashing funding for education to ensure your kids are losers. And now this pipeline. You've convinced yourselves it's "magic" and will "do things". You are even convinced that it will lower oil and gas prices.

Too bad you think this is an attack and not an observation. You might have learned something.
bush lifted the ban on off shore drilling and gas prices fell !!

Yea, right. Uh huh. Why is gasoline the number one export? Was it the number one export under Bush? I mean besides jobs?

Yea, right. Uh huh. Why is gasoline the number one export? Was it the number one export under Bush? I mean besides jobs?

I don't know why, or even IF gasoline is the number one export, but I do know that anything that the US exports helps lower our balance of payments and raises our GDP. Those are good things to the uneducated.

PAY ATTENTION.

By building from OK south, we are drilling and selling our own oil = We make money when we sell it.

Building from Canada, its Canada's oil that will be sold on the world market = We do not make money on its sale and benefit very little - a few long term jobs and huge risk.

Additionally, IF we do build from Canada south, half is already finished but the R's are trying to push through unsafe practices.

Nebraska has very wisely refused to allow their water to be contaminated. Especially since we will not benefit from that pipeline.

We currently have thousands of miles of pipeline and thousands of leaks. We also have very few inspectors because the R's have filibustered against safety.

Like it or not, President Obama is right. This way, we profit with a lot less risk. The R way, we don't profit but carry all the risk.

Not to mention that he has signed more than 400 new permits for drilling while continuing to work for US profit and US safety.

Unlike the R's who whore for everyone except the United States.

Last edited:
PAY ATTENTION.

By building from OK south, we are drilling and selling our own oil = We make money when we sell it.

Building from Canada, its Canada's oil that will be sold on the world market = We do not make money on its sale and benefit very little - a few long term jobs and huge risk.

Additionally, IF we do build from Canada south, half is already finished but the R's are trying to push through unsafe practices.

Nebraska has very wisely refused to allow their water to be contaminated. Especially since we will not benefit from that pipeline.

We currently have thousands of miles of pipeline and thousands of leaks. We also have very few inspectors because the R's have filibustered against safety.

Like it or not, President Obama is right. This way, we profit with a lot less risk. The R way, we don't profit but carry all the risk.

Not to mention that he has signed more than 400 new permits for drilling while continuing to work for US profit and US safety.

Unlike the R's who whore for everyone except the United States.

You aren't building anything.

Trans Canada is building Phase III of Keystone. They don't need your jack ass President's permission to build from Cushing to the Gulf.

Only to cross the international border.

BTW. Canadian oil flows freely on Trans Canada Pipelines I and II to Illinois and Cushing.

You really should get up to speed.

We are your #1 suppliers.

Your whole post has nothing to do with the op. Iraq? Bush tax cuts? China? WTF are you going on about?

this is bullshit politics !!! he is not fooling anyone !!! he is going to start a pipeline to nowhere !!! he will not build the northern part of the line that will reach into canada !!! this is his pathetic attempt to say he is trying to up oil supplies !!!:badgrin::badgrin:

Now don't stroke out here yidnar. And yes it's bullshit politics from Obama.

But the pipeline is a reality. It's third in the Keystone project. Phase I and Phase II were built from Canada to Illinois and Oklahoma.

Keystone III is to transport oil, not just from Canada but from all the western oil producers to the Gulf.

Where Obama really screwed the pooch is when he denied Trans Canada the right to build the northern extension from Alberta.

That is his only power in this situation. This is because it crosses international boundaries.
He's now trying to get himself out of the shitter with gas prices going thru the roof, by trying to claim that He, the Lord Obama himself is fast tracking the southern extension.

It's bullshit from the WH.

Trans Canada had already made the decision to begin Phase III at Cushing and extending to the Gulf.

No offense, but your President is a real asshole.:eusa_angel: Pardon my french.

Your whole post has nothing to do with the op. Iraq? Bush tax cuts? China? WTF are you going on about?

:lol:

The only thing missing from rdean's post is "this is an automated liberal message".

Why do you care if gasoline is exported? It doesn't effect the price of gas at the pump, and it is keeping several oil refineries from going broke.

Why is it so hard for some of you to comprehend that we do not have a gas shortage, and we do not have an oil shortage. We have high oil prices, and numerous blends of gas that has to be produced at a few refineries.

We can only get oil prices down by increasing production of oil. We have more than sufficient oil reserves to do just that, but politics continues to get in the way of common sense.

Because the US refines allot of Gas?

How much of that refined gas is refined from oil that is imported?

Forum List

Back