Obama Budget Chief Orszag Said to Be Planning to Leave Post

CaféAuLait;2431783 said:

June 21 (Bloomberg) -- White House Budget Director Peter Orszag plans to leave President Barack Obama’s Cabinet in the next few months, before the White House begins preparing its next budget, administration officials said."

Obama Budget Chief Orszag Said to Be Planning to Leave Post - BusinessWeek

Maybe he could not stomach what is sure to be another 20% plus increase on the last years budget.

Democrats increased the size of every single budget Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2 submitted to congress and yet people still can not get it that it is the dems who are mostly responsible for over spending.

Wow! Hate to see him go. He did such a great job with their budget. He only sunk many many future generations. Besides that,he did a great job. Yikes! Good riddance.

When you're this much in the red, I woulda stepped down a loooong time ago

Peter Orszag To Step Down As White House Budget Director

WASHINGTON — A Democratic official tells The Associated Press that President Barack Obama's top budget official, Peter Orszag, plans to step down later this year.

The exacting timing of Orszag's resignation is not clear.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision has not been announced.

Orszag has been one of the administration's more prominent faces.

merged with existing thread

I'd say this is good news as he is a total economic illiterate, but given that he will undoubtedly be replaced with another economic illiterate, it really doesn't matter. He most likely wants to earn more money as a DC crony in order to support his TV news personality future wife (for whom he dumped his pregnant girl friend).

There's also buzz that Rahmbo is going to leave after the midterm elections.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;2431783 said:

June 21 (Bloomberg) -- White House Budget Director Peter Orszag plans to leave President Barack Obama’s Cabinet in the next few months, before the White House begins preparing its next budget, administration officials said."

Obama Budget Chief Orszag Said to Be Planning to Leave Post - BusinessWeek

Maybe he could not stomach what is sure to be another 20% plus increase on the last years budget.

Democrats increased the size of every single budget Reagan, Bush1 and Bush2 submitted to congress and yet people still can not get it that it is the dems who are mostly responsible for over spending.

That would be my bet too.

I think we'll see major changes after the November election, with secretaries of this and that jumping ship to defend their viability under a Hillary Clinton administration. No one wants the scent of "BO" on them.

Yep just like the ones that quit under Bush.
Spend more time with family?
Or the Dems after me are making it hard to run my state so I quit?

Hey...Orzag is a liar. His healthcare bullshit story is coming apart at the seams. He quit because he has a conscience...he ain't got no budget...but he's got a conscience...I guess that's a start.

BOOOSHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that all you guys can do? I don't recall any aides to Bush quitting quite this early in the game.
Anyway, looks like McChrystal will go too. In fact, with Holder, Napolitano, and others in the hot seat I'll bet the White House will be a ghost town after elections.

It's because the Obama's deficit is so huge you have to use scientific notation to count that high and he can't

Forum List

Back