Obama British Africa Restaurant

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
I'm associated with a university and today was the big blow out, end of year grill and play party with the faculty and staff. Good fun, great gourmet food, good conversation, kids playing and, as the rw's here have noted, since faculty and staff of colleges and universities have higher education, they also tend to be liberal/progressive/Dem.

I noticed a colleague's t-shirt, black with bright red lettering on the back, OBAMA and asked where it had come from. He said he got it at the Obama British Africa Restaurant in Barcelona.

A funny is that they have a cut out of the president, sitting at a table, and of course, patrons sit down to have their photo taken with him.

(An aside, I believe it was Heathrow in London where we came across life size cut outs of the president and first lady at a bookstore. All the tourists were taking turns having their photos taken with them. We joked that we'd print and frame ours after signing it "Love from Barry and Mitzi" and putting where any rw's in our home could see it. :))

Obama Foodorama: International Obama Foodie Homage, Barcelona, Spain: Obama British Africa Restaurant

We've got a pub that is a celebration of British colonial rule in Africa, named after the first African American president, whose grandfather was thrown into prison and tortured by the British because he rebelled against colonialism. Have I got that about right?

The White House usually votes a resounding No on using the President's name for profit, but there's little that can be done in foreign countries.

Related: Some other Obama restaurant homage: Toronto's Obama Cafe; Brooklyn, New York's The Obama Flavor in Brooklyn, New York; and Meal O'Bama, a food cart in New York.

I'm associated with a university and today was the big blow out, end of year grill and play party with the faculty and staff. Good fun, great gourmet food, good conversation, kids playing and, as the rw's here have noted, since faculty and staff of colleges and universities have higher education, they also tend to be liberal/progressive/Dem.

I noticed a colleague's t-shirt, black with bright red lettering on the back, OBAMA and asked where it had come from. He said he got it at the Obama British Africa Restaurant in Barcelona.

A funny is that they have a cut out of the president, sitting at a table, and of course, patrons sit down to have their photo taken with him.

(An aside, I believe it was Heathrow in London where we came across life size cut outs of the president and first lady at a bookstore. All the tourists were taking turns having their photos taken with them. We joked that we'd print and frame ours after signing it "Love from Barry and Mitzi" and putting where any rw's in our home could see it. :))

Obama Foodorama: International Obama Foodie Homage, Barcelona, Spain: Obama British Africa Restaurant

We've got a pub that is a celebration of British colonial rule in Africa, named after the first African American president, whose grandfather was thrown into prison and tortured by the British because he rebelled against colonialism. Have I got that about right?

The White House usually votes a resounding No on using the President's name for profit, but there's little that can be done in foreign countries.

Related: Some other Obama restaurant homage: Toronto's Obama Cafe; Brooklyn, New York's The Obama Flavor in Brooklyn, New York; and Meal O'Bama, a food cart in New York.

"A funny is that they have a cut out of the president, sitting at a table, and of course, patrons sit down to have their photo taken with him."

Ought to be an interesting piece of memorabilia after November...

Janitor.

Obama has an AXE to grind with the British as they imprisoned his Grandfather...:eusa_whistle:

I find it funny that faux intellectuals such as the OP insist that anyone with a degree must be a liberal. :lol:

Janitor.

I have upmost respect for janitorial staff.... but luddite drags their good name through the mud.

Forum List

Back