Obama bows to the Saudi royalty........

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know........after seeing how the right has taken Obama visiting the king of Saudi Arabia, and shaking his hand, as well as appearing to bow, they've gone over the edge.

They're trying to call it something other than what it was.

Now.......I don't really know how many of you people have been outside the US, but, there are different customs for different countries. If you'd been there, you'd know that. Before we pulled into Jiddah Saudi Arabia, we had to go through two full days of briefings, so that we didn't cause an international incident. No shaking hands with your left, no showing the soles of your shoes to someone, etc.

Bitching about this is nothing more than a rampant display of the Ugly American syndrome.

What do you guys think?

And.......before you invoke Bush Jr., remember........he was holding hands with the prince, as well as bowed to him.

I seen Bush as a chimp. What would happen if Obama was depicted as a chimp (like Bush)? Would we see a double standard from the media?

You know........after seeing how the right has taken Obama visiting the king of Saudi Arabia, and shaking his hand, as well as appearing to bow, they've gone over the edge.

Now.......I don't really know how many of you people have been outside the US, but, there are different customs for different countries. If you'd been there, you'd know that. Before we pulled into Jiddah Saudi Arabia, we had to go through two full days of briefings, so that we didn't cause an international incident. No shaking hands with your left, no showing the soles of your shoes to someone, etc.

Bitching about this is nothing more than a rampant display of the Ugly American syndrome.

What do you guys think?

And.......before you invoke Bush Jr., remember........he was holding hands with the prince, as well as bowed to him.
please show proof of Bush (or any other leader) bowing to the King of SA

Didn't say anything about Obama's bow. I said that the Repugnican party is taking a non-issue and trying to turn it into something.

I just wish that they would apply the same standards to Bush that they keep trying to hang on Obama.

And, yes......you DO bow to royalty. Depth and amount of time depends on the country you're in. Like I said, I've been over there, and they've got a lot of screwy customs. Some of which can land you in jail if you don't observe them properly.

Didn't say anything about Obama's bow. I said that the Repugnican party is taking a non-issue and trying to turn it into something.

I just wish that they would apply the same standards to Bush that they keep trying to hang on Obama.

And, yes......you DO bow to royalty. Depth and amount of time depends on the country you're in. Like I said, I've been over there, and they've got a lot of screwy customs. Some of which can land you in jail if you don't observe them properly.
wow, you cant even spell REPUBLICAN, can you?

Yes, you did. You're claiming that they're trying to call it something other than it was. So do you agree it was a bow or not??

I also wish that people applied the same standards to Obama that they held Bush to, but the left won't do that.

If you bow to royalty, then why didn't he bow to the Queen of England?? Yeah, I'm sure they would have thrown Obama in jail for not bowing down on bended knee.

Yes, you did. You're claiming that they're trying to call it something other than it was. So do you agree it was a bow or not??

I also wish that people applied the same standards to Obama that they held Bush to, but the left won't do that.

If you bow to royalty, then why didn't he bow to the Queen of England?? Yeah, I'm sure they would have thrown Obama in jail for not bowing down on bended knee.
i'd also like to see proof of any other world leader bowing to him
its always been the protocol that POTUS bows to no one as the POTUS is every bit the equal to any king in world status

Nope......he bowed to the Saudi prince. He did it while the prince was in Crawford. Saw it on the local news when he first greeted him.

And, he DID bow to the Queen of England, just not as deep.

Nope......he bowed to the Saudi prince. He did it while the prince was in Crawford. Saw it on the local news when he first greeted him.

And, he DID bow to the Queen of England, just not as deep.
then there should be SOME proof of it

What do you guys think?

You are correct, there are different customs. In Saudi Arabia old men buy 10 year old girls and move them into a Harem. They then get them pregnant, I will not speculate on the age but it is as young as 14 years old when the girls get pregnant.

It is very ugly of Americans to point out this "Custom".

Last edited:

I don't see what you think you are seeing. I see a tall man bending to shake hands with a little guy, but that's not so important -- I mean, stop and think about it -- If it was an act of fealty, Obama would say it was an act of fealty, otherwise the person/people he was supposedly showing fealty to wouldn't believe him --- rendering the act itself meaningless - right? Right.

Since I'm a newbie on this M/B, I can't attach links or pictures ---but--- if you Google "Bush bowed pic", the click on images -- What you will find is a picture of GWB kissing King Abdulluh (this is no kiss on the cheek folks -- this smooch may not even be SFW) and a picture of GWB bowing to the King.

---then---​

Google "liberalvaluesblog 2009/04 bush-bowed pic" then click on images.

See what I'm sayin'?

What do you guys think?

You are correct, there are different customs. In Saudi Arabia old men buy 10 year old girls and move them into a Harem. They then get them pregnant, I will not speculate on the age but it is as young as 14 years old when the girls get pregnant.

It is very ugly of Americans to point out this "Custom".

Hey Crotch Sniffer......apparently you've never been over there. I have. 2 full days of briefings on what to say, what to do, what NOT to say, and what NOT to do.

Your pointing out of that ONE custom (which is a religious custom btw.......it comes from Sharia law), as a way to discount the whole bunch of people is yet another example of the ugly American syndrome.

Crotch sniffer..........wise up.

Forum List

Back