Obama blinks on War Powers Act.

The WPA is un-Constitutional, and any president who invokes the Act is acting in an un-Constitutional manner:

Congress does not have the authority to abdicate its Constitutionally mandated role to declare war; that may only be realized by amending the Constitution.

Do you have any clue what you are talking about?

Not a one.

The guy actually quoted the Voting Rights Act claiming it is part of the Constitution.
He's the same guy who actually asked for links to PROVE that liberal policies have destroyed California..........As if any proof would be necessary.

I wrote him off, right then and there.

WTF is so remarkable about it. It's a stalemate. We do not even know who we are supporting, and suspect the opposition is at least in part Al qeada/ Pro Al qeada.

Wtf is he talking about Remarkable?

It is remarkable because it was started by a guy who won the Nobel Peace Prize. As far as I know that makes it unique.

BUT BUT BUT he killed Bin Laden, personally.......

WTF is so remarkable about it. It's a stalemate. We do not even know who we are supporting, and suspect the opposition is at least in part Al qeada/ Pro Al qeada.

It is remarkable because it was started by a guy who won the Nobel Peace Prize. As far as I know that makes it unique.

He didn't 'win' the Nobel any more than Charlie Sheen 'won' anything.

He didn't 'win' the Nobel any more than Charlie Sheen 'won' anything.

I can't argue with that. He was given one though.

I wouldn't be so quick to think he actually left any choice with Congress. It's all in the meaning of words:

White House on War Powers Deadline: 'Limited' US Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization - Political Punch

White House on War Powers Deadline: 'Limited' US Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization

May 20, 2011 7:14 PM

In an effort to satisfy those arguing he needs to seek congressional authorization to continue US military activity in accordance with the War Powers Resolution, President Obama wrote a letter to congressional leaders this afternoon suggesting that the role is now so “limited” he does not need to seek congressional approval.

“Since April 4,” the president wrote, “U.S. participation has consisted of: (1) non-kinetic support to the NATO-led operation, including intelligence, logistical support, and search and rescue assistance; (2) aircraft that have assisted in the suppression and destruction of air defenses in support of the no-fly zone; and (3) since April 23, precision strikes by unmanned aerial vehicles against a limited set of clearly defined targets in support of the NATO-led coalition's efforts.”...

The MSM totally sucks.

Here is another spin on this same story.......

White House on War Powers Deadline: 'Limited' US Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization - Political Punch

So he asked and got approval but WH says he really didn't need to.:cuckoo:
I think I understand where Obama is coming from. If the US turns over it's Military to another authority then technically he wouldn't be in violation of the WPA because he isn't in charge of them right? The President isn't going to war, its a foreign power going to war with our Military.

Oh Lawd! :lol:

EDIT: The President is lying about this being "Non-Kinetic" because he has US Marines in Greece and from Camp Lejeune on the way.

Last edited:
He's trying to have it both ways, saying he doesn't need approval but would welcome it anyway.

In an effort to satisfy those arguing he needs to seek congressional authorization to continue US military activity in accordance with the War Powers Resolution, President Obama wrote a letter to congressional leaders this afternoon suggesting that the role is now so “limited” he does not need to seek congressional approval.

“Since April 4,” the president wrote, “U.S. participation has consisted of: (1) non-kinetic support to the NATO-led operation, including intelligence, logistical support, and search and rescue assistance; (2) aircraft that have assisted in the suppression and destruction of air defenses in support of the no-fly zone; and (3) since April 23, precision strikes by unmanned aerial vehicles against a limited set of clearly defined targets in support of the NATO-led coalition's efforts.”

A senior administration official told ABC News that the letter is intended to describe “a narrow US effort that is intermittent and principally an effort to support to support the ongoing NATO-led and UN-authorized civilian support mission and no fly zone.”

“The US role is one of support,” the official said, “and the kinetic pieces of that are intermittent.”

Clearly Obama has been replaced with an imposter. Just look at what Barack Obama said in 2007:

The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

Boston.com - Special reports - News

The only sensible course of action is to arrest this imposter and find out where the real Obama is being held.

Good point. His own words.

He's trying to have it both ways, saying he doesn't need approval but would welcome it anyway.

“Since April 4,” the president wrote, “U.S. participation has consisted of: (1) non-kinetic support to the NATO-led operation, including intelligence, logistical support, and search and rescue assistance; (2) aircraft that have assisted in the suppression and destruction of air defenses in support of the no-fly zone; and (3) since April 23, precision strikes by unmanned aerial vehicles against a limited set of clearly defined targets in support of the NATO-led coalition's efforts.”

A senior administration official told ABC News that the letter is intended to describe “a narrow US effort that is intermittent and principally an effort to support to support the ongoing NATO-led and UN-authorized civilian support mission and no fly zone.”

“The US role is one of support,” the official said, “and the kinetic pieces of that are intermittent.”

I have a suggestion that will help Obamush, suspend all election, rewrite the Constitution to suit his purpose, through congress out remove all Superme court Justices repleace them with Carz's of justices. And here the biggie, obama makes all his presidental orders laws and proclaims himself superme being.

He did the right thing and you're criticizing him?

Shocker!

I haven't seen anyone criticizing him in this thread, I have seen a few people mocking him though, and I joined in. If he doesn't want to be mocked he shouldn't take such mockable positions.

Um...Yes
It's the SAME story ~ One is from LAtimes@4:46 pm the other is ABCNews@7:14pm. I'm not saying either way. I'm saying it's being spun differently by different news media outlets.....Geeeeez............Wake the Fuck Up Sucka!!! :laugh2:
Do a little research............It's Easy........Click Drudge........Has Many different news sources. You don't Have to be spoon fed by USMB for information.

Clearly Obama has been replaced with an imposter. Just look at what Barack Obama said in 2007:

The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.

Boston.com - Special reports - News

The only sensible course of action is to arrest this imposter and find out where the real Obama is being held.

I am sorry my man but I don't think that that media outlet is an Obama approved media source....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back