Obama Better For Economy, Business Executives Say

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Reuters
08/17/2012

LONDON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Twice as many business executives around the world say the global economy will prosper better if incumbent U.S. president Barack Obama wins the next election than if his Republican challenger Mitt Romney does, a poll showed on Friday.

Democrat Obama was chosen by 42.7 percent in the 1,700 respondent poll, compared with 20.5 percent for Romney. The rest said "neither".

The result was different among respondents in the United States, where a slim majority thought Romney would be better for their businesses than Obama.

Obama maintains a seven-point lead over Romney among registered voters in the race for the Nov. 6 presidential election, despite the fact Americans are increasingly pessimistic about the future, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted last week.

✄snip>

Well if Obama wins I am sure the World economy will be better.
And the US economy will be worse then it is now...

If that is at all possible.

Reuters
08/17/2012

LONDON, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Twice as many business executives around the world say the global economy will prosper better if incumbent U.S. president Barack Obama wins the next election than if his Republican challenger Mitt Romney does, a poll showed on Friday.

Democrat Obama was chosen by 42.7 percent in the 1,700 respondent poll, compared with 20.5 percent for Romney. The rest said "neither".

The result was different among respondents in the United States, where a slim majority thought Romney would be better for their businesses than Obama.

Obama maintains a seven-point lead over Romney among registered voters in the race for the Nov. 6 presidential election, despite the fact Americans are increasingly pessimistic about the future, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted last week.

✄snip>

Not another Buffett style thread. The same Warren Buffett who is trying to fight to keep from paying one million in back taxes.

Granny says, "Dat's right...

... if Romney an' Ryan win...

... dey gonna put us back in chains...

... just like Uncle Joe said."
:eek:

I don't have much faith that the policies in place are going to be good for this economy.

I have a lot of faith that the policies MITT proposes would be disasterous for this nation.

There's my choice.

Something not very good, versus something I am pretty sure is much much worse.

Obama is probably going to get my vote, unless something VERY dramatic happens to change my mind.

When there is trouble in the world economy, there's trouble with the US economy and if there is trouble with the US economy (or the European economy for that matter), there's trouble with the world economy.
Currently, we have a world economy, the US economy cannot survive on it's own anymore. It's a two-way street.

Reuters
08/17/2012

✄snip>

The Puffington Host, I bet this is going to be informative and balanced.

Let me guess, they asked a bunch of CEOs of banks whether they want a guy that supports bailouts or one that supports bankruptcy and 42% of them supported the guy that will bail them out.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a problem with this poll?

Obama is better for the economy than

...a plague of frogs
...a civilization killing asteroid impact

hey! That sample was diverse! They asked both the North Korean AND Cuban Embassy who was better!

om friggen gawd...you have GOT to be kidding

Twice as many business executives around the world

are we suppose to CARE about this?

Reuters has become another mouthpiece for the DNC people

I don't have much faith that the policies in place are going to be good for this economy.

I have a lot of faith that the policies MITT proposes would be disasterous for this nation.

There's my choice.

Something not very good, versus something I am pretty sure is much much worse.

Obama is probably going to get my vote, unless something VERY dramatic happens to change my mind.

And that's what politicians count on, people to vote for something they don't even like... As long as they seem ever so slightly less bad than the other guy.

This country deserves to fall apart lol.

Forum List

Back