Obama..Best President Ever

1. Don't really disagree with that.
2. He hasn't pulled the country out of recession. There are signs of improvement in some areas, but continuing problems in others.
3. True, possibly. But don't we have to wait to see how it works / what it costs before saying he's a genius?
4. Being black doesn't make him a good POTUS, or a bad one.
5. Getting out isn't the problem. Getting out and leaving a stable country behind is the problem.
6. Potential? That doesn't make you great. It just wins you a nobel prize.

If 1 out of 6 makes him the best since FDR, doesn't that rather devalue FDR's legacy? Why not wait until the end of his first term and then see what he's achieved before saying how he will be remembered? Seems reasonable.

1. Great presidents tend to follow horrible presidents. Lincoln followed Buchanan. FDR followed Hoover, Reagan followed Carter

2. At the time Obama took office, we were in the midst of an economic collapse. He took rapid action and stopped a panic which would have caused a Depression. Reagan took three years to reverse unemployment. Regardless of your outlook, the US economy will be significantly improved over when Obama took office

3. Healthcare will be a big impact legislation of his administration. Anyway you look at it, it will rank with Social Security, Civil Rights and Medicare

4. I agree, the color of his skin shouldn't matter...but it does. The election of a black president is historically significant given the racial history of this country. The mere act of what he did to get himself elected as a mixed race black man is historic

5. Either case is not winning prospect. Neither country has been politically stable for hundreds of years. Obama will pull our troops out or significantly reduce numbers of troops in both countries.

6. Neither Fidel Castro nor Kim Jung Il will survive the Obama presidency. New regimes will take hold in both countries. For the first time in over 50 years we will have an opportunity to normalize relations with these enemies. Obama will benefit

As I said earlier, I'll wait until the end of his first term. Then if he deserves credit, I'll give it to him. Unlike some, I won't condemn every single decision he makes just because of who he is. Not will I praise every decision he makes just because of who he is.

Of course it is too early to make any determination. I'm only assessing the pieces that are in place right now. The start of the Obama presidency is very similar to Reagans. Both were great communicators and well liked by the public. Both followed horrible presidents. Both took office in a recession. Both ran up deficits to solve the economic crisis.

Obama has seven more years to build his legacy. We will see what the next seven years hold

Bill Clinton recently gave a more informed, convincing description of Obama's plan than Obama has ever done himself. I don't get why people think O's a great speaker, he's marginally better than Bush, and far worse than Clinton.

The start of the Obama presidency is very similar to Reagans.

Reagan won 44 states during his 1st election, Obama just 28.

Reagan had to deal with a Fed that was jacking short-term interest rates to the moon to kill Carter's inflation. Obama's had a Fed giving him record low interest rates.

Reagan was consistent and firm on foreign policy, Obama's been indecisive and soft.

Reagan communicated effortlessly, Obama stutters his way through speeches even with the help of his teleprompter.

Reagan helped free hundreds of millions of people living under Communism. Obama is threatening to make hundreds of millions of Americans more susceptible to terrorism.

Reagan had to deal with a Fed that was jacking short-term interest rates to the moon to kill Carter's inflation. Obama's had a Fed giving him record low interest rates.

Reagan was consistent and firm on foreign policy, Obama's been indecisive and soft.

Reagan communicated effortlessly, Obama stutters his way through speeches even with the help of his teleprompter.

Reagan helped free hundreds of millions of people living under Communism. Obama is threatening to make hundreds of millions of Americans more susceptible to terrorism.

Nice attempt....but your biases got the best of you

Nice attempt....but your biases got the best of you

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back