obama begins push for national retirement system

This was what this election was all about is to give more to the free shit crowd. They're somehow to fucking stupid to do anything for themselves.

Yep, Let's just give them cradle to grave and fuck over the ones that work hard for it. Good future for our country, not.

We will become poorer for it.

This was what this election was all about is to give more to the free shit crowd. They're somehow to fucking stupid to do anything for themselves.

Yep, Let's just give them cradle to grave and fuck over the ones that work hard for it. Good future for our country, not.

We will become poorer for it.

time to teach the ole lady how to load a banana clip :D

Looks like if you have something. You may not. apparently you investments are unfair to poor people
Look to donate to the free shit crowd

Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

Great...more government takeovers. We've seen how well government can handle things. See Amtrak. See the Postal Service. See the Budget Deficit/National Debt. See GM and the Volt.

And just wait until Obamacare gets its full grip into the U.S. economy!

Immie

Uh, I thought it was called Social Security.

This is how liberals operate, they fuck something up then want to start something else under a new name but same concept.....put lipstick on their pig covered in shit.

This is how liberals operate, they fuck something up then want to start something else under a new name but same concept.....put lipstick on their pig covered in shit.

No, everyone who collects social security pays into it and is entitled to it when they retire. What it appears Obama wants to do now is take over the private retirement plans and run them.....our government is so far in debt he's decided that instead of taxing the rich, he's gonna steal from the middle class to pay it down.

No, everyone who collects social security pays into it and is entitled to it when they retire. What it appears Obama wants to do now is take over the private retirement plans and run them.....our government is so far in debt he's decided that instead of taxing the rich, he's gonna steal from the middle class to pay it down.

I'm guessing he offers something like a .00000009% return on the investment and liberals will think he's a god for offering that. :D

Although, I cannot believe anyone is taking this report seriously, especially when you look at the bottom of the report and it says, "Originally posted 10/13/10". If this were real, do you really think this would not have been used as a major attack against Obama for the election? I think this alone would have cost him the election.

Immie

Last edited:
Libs must hate IRA accounts and 401 k plans...
It's money that is just sitting there earning interest and gaining value
and the government can't touch it...
They smell it and it's getting them aroused.

I have said here time and time again that the government will find a way to get their hands on it.
It's jut a matter of time...

There's not really enough details in your article to form an educated opinion. All I got from it is there was a commission set up to look into why Americans aren't saving more money for retirement. And then a couple of theories on how that might happen. There wasn't really anything concrete. Personally, I'd be interested in something like this to help our seniors.

Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administration’s effort to nationalize the nation’s pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA’s and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

The hearing, held in the Labor Department’s main auditorium, was monitored by NSC staff and featured a line up of left-wing activists including one representative of the AFL-CIO who advocated for more government regulation over private retirement accounts and even the establishment of government-sponsored annuities that would take the place of 401k plans.

"This hearing was set up to explore why Americans are not saving as much for their retirement as they could," explains National Seniors Council National Director Robert Crone, "However, it is clear that this is the first step towards a government takeover. It feels just like the beginning of the debate over health care and we all know how that ended up."

A representative of the liberal Pension Rights Center, Rebecca Davis, testified that the government needs to get involved because 401k plans and IRAs are unfair to poor people. She demanded the Obama administration set up a "government-sponsored program administered by the PBGC (the governments’ Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation)." She proclaimed that even "private annuities are problematic."

IF this is for real, well, Kirchner down in Argentina has done pretty much same. I cant fathom this happening here.....don't cry for me Amerika...

Argentina Nationalizes $30 Billion in Private Pensions
By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
Published: October 21, 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/22/business/worldbusiness/22argentina.html

apparently they have 'virtual accounts', like SS in that you get to draw the money when you retire from the gov.....(?)...unreal.

Forum List

Back