Obama beats W's record

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Obama tops Bush

President Obama, who pledged to establish the most open and transparent administration in history, on Monday surpasses his predecessor's record for avoiding a full-fledged question-and-answer session with White House reporters in a formal press conference.

President George W. Bush's longest stretch between prime-time, nationally televised press conferences was 214 days, from April 4 to Nov. 4, 2004. Mr. Obama tops that record on Monday, going 215 days - stretching back to July 22, according to records kept by CBS Radio's veteran reporter Mark Knoller.

Nevertheless, Mr. Obama tops his predecessor in total output. He has given 43 press conferences of various degrees, six of which were solo White House sessions, Mr. Knoller said. During the same period, Mr. Bush gave 24 press conferences, of which four were formal, solo White House sessions.

I thought maybe it was breaking the record of saying "um or uh"; which would be an impressive feat.

I was thinking what the "most transparent administration" could mean.

If it means giving endless speeches while reading from teleprompter (that is in fact transparent piece of glass), then he was telling the truth.

Barry can't control the message or manipulate the press if he's taking questions, so now he avoids that venue.

He's always happy to do sitdowns with friendly redporters who submit questions beforehand though.

This isn't very surprising. This is an administration which routinely boasts about controlling the Media. They really do control the Media at this point. The Liberal dominated MSM is a fraud. I think more & more common sense thinking people understand this. They control the Media but the Liberal MSM is perfectly willing to allow them to control them. It is what it is unfortunately.

Forum List

Back