Obama: Banks Did Nothing Illegal

The mortgage bubble was built, maintained and 100% designed by Washington and the FED. All of the lost jobs over the past 20 years - a result of NAFTA.
Period.
The OWS are "occupying" the wrong street - it should be Pennsylvania Ave.

you forget. CRA. in the..tagteam of clintool and carter...frontman were Franks, Doud, Raines, Johnson, cloward-piven strategy.

Result no jobs lose homes and the fed reserve(printing us treasuries from place outside US) printing more money driving down the purchasin power of the dollar.

Cra plaques are still hanging in all banks, yet we are so quibble to pertinent facts.

Fascinating! Seems our Dear Reader only thinks Wall Street and Banks only found "loopholes":
President Clears Wall Street Of Crimes | Firedoglake
"Well, first on the issue of prosecutions on Wall Street, one of the biggest problems about the collapse of Lehmans and the subsequent financial crisis and the whole subprime lending fiasco is that a lot of that stuff wasn’t necessarily illegal, it was just immoral or inappropriate or reckless…." By “a lot of stuff”, the President means everything that happened, from fraudulent sales of real estate mortgage-backed securities, to Repo 105, to filing false affidavits in foreclosure proceedings. He knows this even though there have been no criminal investigations, no FBI inquiries, no Grand Jury subpoenas, and apparently no review of independent investigations. For him, this isn’t about law. He just knows that the immoral and inappropriate and reckless behavior that caused the Great Crash and the Lesser Depression wasn’t a crime.
As Max Keiser said on his show a few days ago: "Why isn't this guy impeached?"
1- obama said ''a lot of that stuff'', HE did NOT say ALL was not illegal, the author of this partisan crapola SAID IT.....

you can't see that MS??? surely, you can.

And where has congress been on this, the dem congress and the republican congress been on investigations on this? all i see repubs for nearly a year pass useless partisan legislation in the house with absolutely no chance of passing in the senate for political posturing only.....where are the investigations from them on the banks, mortgage companies, regulatory agencies?

is that REALLY obama's job?

honestly, even the dems against bush were not as much of these whiney, crybaby obama haters......every single thing is his fault, right....yeppers, it's all him, he's your god that's responsible for everything, failing you all....eh?

silly nonsense....imo.

Sadly, he's right.

That is exactly why we must change some laws and policies regarding banking.

Just remember you cant go back and make stuff illegal that was previously legal, you can only prevent it from happening in the future. The ban on Ex post facto law is consitutional.

I concur.

We need masive changes BACK to the banking environment we once had.

Of course in those cases where fruad is found?

I'd like to see the government come down on those folks like a ton of bricks.

But I DOUBT most Bansters broke any laws.

They just took advantage of the bad laws that were on the books in large part because they controlled CONGRESS.

Sadly, he's right.

That is exactly why we must change some laws and policies regarding banking.

Just remember you cant go back and make stuff illegal that was previously legal, you can only prevent it from happening in the future. The ban on Ex post facto law is consitutional.

I concur.

We need masive changes BACK to the banking environment we once had.

Of course in those cases where fruad is found?

I'd like to see the government come down on those folks like a ton of bricks.

But I DOUBT most Bansters broke any laws.

They just took advantage of the bad laws that were on the books in large part because they controlled CONGRESS.
and got congress to pass the bills that allowed them to do this...

people seriously can't be thinking that us peon citizens convinced congress to deregulate the banks? We had nothing to do with this, but the banks etc, lobbied for it and got it, and then blew us all to smithereens...while they went years and years pocketing the money from all of their scams.

just because i can legally become a prostitute in Nevada doesn't mean I am going to choose to be one.

Regardless of law, the banks new what they were doing was bad long term, business practice.

Forum List

Back