Obama Awol On Financial Crisis

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
You know what really bugs me? Is someone who was elected to represent the people of this country as a senator. He walks into the senate one day, then is running for President the next day.

Then as he is quoted as saying: This is the worst financial crisis since 1929, & we may be headed into a depression if something is not done. What was he & surprisingly Joe Biden doing today--while congress has been staying up all night to hammer out differences?

He's campaining in North Carolina: John McCain suspended his campaign & flew back right after the debate, getting back in D.C at 4 a.m. in the morning. He has been talking to congress all day to try & work out a deal, while Obama/Biden are bashing him in North Carolina.

I am listening to the news right now, it is midnight & it appears a deal may have been struck with the congress.

This again goes to show--that we have one candidate who is more interested in his political career, & the other has been working for the citizens of this country since he became a senator over 20 years ago.

I really can't believe ANYONE would vote for Barack Obama.

Last edited:
You know what really bugs me? Is someone who was elected to represent the people of this country as a senator. He walks into the senate one day, then is running for President the next day.

Then as he is quoted as saying: This is the worst financial crisis since 1929, & we may be headed into a depression if something is not done. What was he & surprisingly Joe Biden doing today--while congress has been staying up all night to hammer out differences?

He's campaining in North Carolina: John McCain suspended his campaign & flew back right after the debate, getting back in D.C at 4 a.m. in the morning. He has been talking to congress all day to try & work out a deal, while Obama/Biden are bashing him in North Carolina.

I am listening to the news right now, it is midnight & it appears a deal may have been struck with the congress.

This again goes to show--that we have one candidate who is more interested in his political career, & the other has been working for the citizens of this country since he became a senator over 20 years ago.

A deal ? I'm afraid to ask. :eusa_shifty:

Obama is campaigning which he needs to be doing because he knows that he nor Mccain are needed to get the deal done. Mccain hasnt done shot while he has been up there so unless you have proof please tell me why Mccain has been vacationing in Washington for the last few days.

A deal ? I'm afraid to ask. :eusa_shifty:

They haven't announced what it is. But, I know there is a real problem with house republicans on the original one having a payout to a group called ACORN.

Barack Obama used to be ACORN's attorney back in his community organizing days.

This group is under criminal investigation for voter registration fraud. Apparently they are also into lower income housing.

I can't believe our government was ready to give this organization our hard earned money?

At any rate, we should hear something early tomorrow morning.

Obama is campaigning which he needs to be doing because he knows that he nor Mccain are needed to get the deal done. Mccain hasnt done shot while he has been up there so unless you have proof please tell me why Mccain has been vacationing in Washington for the last few days.

Well one thing for certain, we know BO hasn't done anything, he's not even there. Instead he prefers to pursue his political career. He is AWOL on the worst financial crisis of the last 80 years!

You call this man a leader? Give me a freaking break!

In an hour-long meeting in a room with the president of the united states of america, and congressional leaders, both candidates said next to nothing.

McCain has NOT been trying to hammer out a deal. McCain hasn't been on the Senate floor, nor in meetings with House or Senate Republicans about this. He's been in his office and talking with his campaign advisors.

McCain hasn't offered any new ideas nor been any kind of help whatsoever. He's done jack shit.

The same thing goes for Obama. He hasn't done jack shit either. Both of them aren't willing to risk their presidential careers over this.

McCain hasn't offered any new ideas nor been any kind of help whatsoever. He's done jack shit.
I thought the first idea blew-up because McCain offered gov't-based financial insurance instead of the original bailout?

In an hour-long meeting in a room with the president of the united states of america, and congressional leaders, both candidates said next to nothing.

McCain has NOT been trying to hammer out a deal. McCain hasn't been on the Senate floor, nor in meetings with House or Senate Republicans about this. He's been in his office and talking with his campaign advisors.

The same thing goes for Obama. He hasn't done jack shit either. Both of them aren't willing to risk their presidential careers over this.
thats not what the congressional republicans have been saying

I thought the first idea blew-up because McCain offered gov't-based financial insurance instead of the original bailout?

No, that was the House Republicans. Their idea was basically to lower taxes and de-regulate the system so the bankrupt companies could pay for insurance that would cover them on their losses. The stupidest idea of the century. McCain said "If you want the deal to happen, you have to bring House Republicans to the table." During this entire crisis, that has been the only help he's been. Thank you Senator McCain, you can now resume your "suspended" campaign. Btw - his campaign was never really suspended. His ads still ran, he was still accepting contributions and he went to the debate even though a deal wasn't reached.

To give President Bush credit, which is not something I do much of anymore, the deal that it looks like they're reaching, is basically his idea. There have been a couple of modifications along the way, but that's it.

Both McCain and Obama have been equally irrelevant.

i dont remember where it was a saw or read it now
might have been on TDFNC

Don't know what that is.

Sorry, but McCain hasn't done jack shit on this bailout deal. To be fair to McCain neither has Obama.

Who wants to vote for Dodd for president? He's the one who's been working his ass off with Bush and Paulson. Both McCain and Obama have been AWOL on this. In a time where we need leadership, both candidates haven't shown themselves to be leaders.

I commend both McCain and Obama for a great track record, McCain with his service in the military and in Congress, Obama for his service with poor people as a community organizer, a State Senator of Illinois and a United State Senator. With respect to both of them - neither of you are leaders and neither of you should be running for office. WE NEED A THIRD PARTY SYSTEM.

Don't know what that is.

Sorry, but McCain hasn't done jack shit on this bailout deal. To be fair to McCain neither has Obama.

Who wants to vote for Dodd for president? He's the one who's been working his ass off with Bush and Paulson. Both McCain and Obama have been AWOL on this. In a time where we need leadership, both candidates haven't shown themselves to be leaders.

I commend both McCain and Obama for a great track record, McCain with his service in the military and in Congress, Obama for his service with poor people as a community organizer, a State Senator of Illinois and a United State Senator. With respect to both of them - neither of you are leaders and neither of you should be running for office. WE NEED A THIRD PARTY SYSTEM.
TDFNC=The Dreaded Fox News Channel

:lol:

After McCain claimed to be suspending his campaign, he called David Letterman and lied to him about not doing any interviews, and then McCain went on to an interview with Katie Couric while Letterman was taping. Both McCain and Obama then arrived for the photo op meeting at the White House on Friday which produced nothing.

McCain is a lying sack of shit.

fixed
:eusa_clap:

admitting it is the first step to recovery

Very mature. Why don't you admit your cadndidate has done jack shit?

With all of the bi-partisan press confrences congress has taken to announce that a deal was done, this would've been an excellent opportunity for them to do SOMETHING leadership worth. It's kind of like having your parents do your homework for you.... really bad that neither candidate did anything to help fix this mess.

Wow, really? I guess then we will have to vote for McFumbles. He is sure to be as good a pretzeldent as Bush.:ack-1:

That's a big difference. I can understand how you might vote for McCain. I totally disagree, but I am not so closed minded that I can't understand you might see the world differently even if you are wrong.:razz:

Check out how much time McCain has been out of the Senate while running for office.

Obama: 12 years as a law professor. 8 years as a state senator and now 3 years as US senator. That's over twenty years to get there.

This again goes to show--that we have one candidate who is more interested in his political career = McCain

& the other has been working for the citizens of this country since he graduated from college = Obama.

Seriously, if you believe that McCain isn't in this for his own political glory, you are really living in a dream world.

They haven't announced what it is. But, I know there is a real problem with house republicans on the original one having a payout to a group called ACORN.

Barack Obama used to be ACORN's attorney back in his community organizing days.

This group is under criminal investigation for voter registration fraud. Apparently they are also into lower income housing.

I can't believe our government was ready to give this organization our hard earned money?

At any rate, we should hear something early tomorrow morning.

well if Obama has been MIA during all the work on the deal how exactly do you blame him for the contents of the deal?

what the fuck did he do? send them the suggestion through mental telepathy?

you can't have it both ways dumbass... you can't criticize his lack of involvement and then turn around and blame him for the content of the bill...

Forum List

Back