Obama Awol On Financial Crisis

Discussion in 'Congress' started by oreo, Sep 27, 2008.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150
    You know what really bugs me? Is someone who was elected to represent the people of this country as a senator. He walks into the senate one day, then is running for President the next day.

Then as he is quoted as saying: This is the worst financial crisis since 1929, & we may be headed into a depression if something is not done. What was he & surprisingly Joe Biden doing today--while congress has been staying up all night to hammer out differences?

He's campaining in North Carolina: John McCain suspended his campaign & flew back right after the debate, getting back in D.C at 4 a.m. in the morning. He has been talking to congress all day to try & work out a deal, while Obama/Biden are bashing him in North Carolina.

I am listening to the news right now, it is midnight & it appears a deal may have been struck with the congress.

This again goes to show--that we have one candidate who is more interested in his political career, & the other has been working for the citizens of this country since he became a senator over 20 years ago.

I really can't believe ANYONE would vote for Barack Obama.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    A deal ? I'm afraid to ask. :eusa_shifty:

3. jschuck12001

jschuck12001 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Obama is campaigning which he needs to be doing because he knows that he nor Mccain are needed to get the deal done. Mccain hasnt done shot while he has been up there so unless you have proof please tell me why Mccain has been vacationing in Washington for the last few days.

4. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150
    They haven't announced what it is. But, I know there is a real problem with house republicans on the original one having a payout to a group called ACORN.

Barack Obama used to be ACORN's attorney back in his community organizing days.

This group is under criminal investigation for voter registration fraud. Apparently they are also into lower income housing.

I can't believe our government was ready to give this organization our hard earned money?

At any rate, we should hear something early tomorrow morning.

5. oreo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150
    Well one thing for certain, we know BO hasn't done anything, he's not even there. Instead he prefers to pursue his political career. He is AWOL on the worst financial crisis of the last 80 years!

You call this man a leader? Give me a freaking break!

6. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    In an hour-long meeting in a room with the president of the united states of america, and congressional leaders, both candidates said next to nothing.

McCain has NOT been trying to hammer out a deal. McCain hasn't been on the Senate floor, nor in meetings with House or Senate Republicans about this. He's been in his office and talking with his campaign advisors.

McCain hasn't offered any new ideas nor been any kind of help whatsoever. He's done jack shit.

The same thing goes for Obama. He hasn't done jack shit either. Both of them aren't willing to risk their presidential careers over this.

7. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I thought the first idea blew-up because McCain offered gov't-based financial insurance instead of the original bailout?

8. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    thats not what the congressional republicans have been saying

9. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    No, that was the House Republicans. Their idea was basically to lower taxes and de-regulate the system so the bankrupt companies could pay for insurance that would cover them on their losses. The stupidest idea of the century. McCain said "If you want the deal to happen, you have to bring House Republicans to the table." During this entire crisis, that has been the only help he's been. Thank you Senator McCain, you can now resume your "suspended" campaign. Btw - his campaign was never really suspended. His ads still ran, he was still accepting contributions and he went to the debate even though a deal wasn't reached.

To give President Bush credit, which is not something I do much of anymore, the deal that it looks like they're reaching, is basically his idea. There have been a couple of modifications along the way, but that's it.

Both McCain and Obama have been equally irrelevant.

10. DavidS

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Source?