Obama awards Medal of Honor to Kentucky Marine

The Marine earned the medal. It really doesn't matter who it is that awards it to him. I don't like Obama, but i could care less that it's him that's doing it. What matters is the hero.

I agree with you, but it seems this hero really likes Obama. I mean, asking to have a beer with him is really cool.

Damn this guy rules!

He earned that beer..and every other beer till the end of his life.

No bar should make this hero pay for a beer..ever.

The Marine earned the medal. It really doesn't matter who it is that awards it to him. I don't like Obama, but i could care less that it's him that's doing it. What matters is the hero.

I agree with you, but it seems this hero really likes Obama. I mean, asking to have a beer with him is really cool.

Damn this guy rules!

I agree. Its cool because he will be saluted for life regardless of his rank, Medal of Honor recipients are saluted by everyone regardless what their rank is.

The Medal of Honor is usually personally presented by the President of the United States to the recipient or, in the case of posthumous awards, to next of kin.

The medal is frequently, and incorrectly, referred to as the Congressional Medal of Honor, stemming from its award by the Department of Defense “in the name of Congress.”

The wearer of this medal is held in the highest regard and it is customary for all ranks to salute a recipient, regardless of the recipient’s rank. Additionally, wearers of the Medal of Honor are always saluted before others.

Some of the special privileges and courtesies afforded Medal of Honor recipients:

Enlisted personnel who are awarded the Medal of Honor are authorized one automatic promotion if not already serving in the highest enlisted grade.
Each recipient receives a monthly pension from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
A special travel ID card entitles recipients who are not active duty or retirees to space-available military air transportation.
Unlike other military personnel, Medal of Honor recipients may wear their uniforms at any time or place they choose.
All Medal of Honor recipients receive invitations to attend Presidential inaugurations and accompanying festivities.

Medal History & Protocol | Honor Your Veteran

Damn this guy rules!

Well i think everyone know obama likes his beer (but so do it! :) ) That is pretty cool though! :)

This kid is a hero. Even though you took a cheap swipe at Obama, its not about that. Its about this kid being a hero and the fact that HE asked to have a beer with the president and of course the president said yes.

Outstanding!

I wasn't meaning to make a cheap swipe at obama...just stated that i don't like him...the point was even though i don't like him, it didn't matter to me that it was him that awarded the medal, what mattered was that the Marine is a hero and deserved it. My son is in the Military and if he was ever honored like this, it wouldn't matter to me who awarded it then either! And i could see my son asking to have a beer with him too! :)

Damn this guy rules!

Well i think everyone know obama likes his beer (but so do it! :) ) That is pretty cool though! :)

This kid is a hero. Even though you took a cheap swipe at Obama, its not about that. Its about this kid being a hero and the fact that HE asked to have a beer with the president and of course the president said yes.

Outstanding!

I just realized your comment was about me saying "everyone knows obama likes his beer"...that was NOT a negative comment at all...notice i said i do too?? A President is also a person, and that's one thing i do like about Obama, that he seems to be pretty down to earth on some things, and in this case he doesn't hide the fact that he likes his beer!

Outstanding!

I just realized your comment was about me saying "everyone knows obama likes his beer"...that was NOT a negative comment at all...notice i said i do too?? A President is also a person, and that's one thing i do like about Obama, that he seems to be pretty down to earth on some things, and in this case he doesn't hide the fact that he likes his beer!

Beer is awesome! :thup:

Watch how this is done all you political mother fuckers.

I did not vote for Obama. I don't agree with a lot of his policies. I'm more conservative than liberal. I'm not a T.E.A. Party person.

dakota-obama-beer.jpg

They drank the special brew that is made at the White House. It's called White House Honey Blonde Ale. The president bought his own brew equipment to have beer made at the White House. First in history.

Cool story, cool picture. Great Marine.

Now that's not too bad is it? No hate, no right/left repub/dem shit. Just me watching a moment among to men who, despite your personal politics-and that is all they are personal politics, should be admired. Both of them.

Last edited:
Watch how this is done all you political mother fuckers.

I did not vote for Obama. I don't agree with a lot of his policies. I'm more conservative than liberal. I'm not a T.E.A. Party person.

dakota-obama-beer.jpg

They drank the special brew that is made at the White House. It's called White House Honey Blonde Ale. The president bought his own brew equipment to have beer made at the White House. First in history.

Cool story, cool picture. Great Marine.

Now that's not too bad is it? No hate, no right/left repub/dem shit. Just me watching a moment among to men who, despite your personal politics-and that is all they are personal politics, should be admired. Both of them.

Obama is brewing his own beer at the white house? that sounds pretty fuckin cool.:thup:

Damn this guy rules!

Something tells me he is not going to be buying his own, any time his fellow Marines (or soldiers) are around.....and that's how it should be for any man who earns that medal and lives to receive it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back