OBAMA: Auto Industry Bailout Saved 1 Million Jobs

Speaking of trolls? You may FUCK OFF any time now.

You certainly don't since your entry...TROLL.

YES...your argument certainly IS.

fuckwad alert!

Got nothing intelligent to say, huh? I understand.

Just illustrating the SAME thing *YOU* Were doing there sport since you were so quick to chastise OTHERS for doing it.

You know where the EXIT is.

Come back with something more intelligent next time.

You are now granted permission to FUCK OFF.

rdean. anyone that makes the argument clinton good/bush bad.

what did clinton do?

I can Google up sites that claim that Elvis Presley is Alive and that the Earth has been invaded by Aliens.

Just because you found it on Google doesn't make your inane revisionist history of Reagan's overall economic policy true.
You're not very bright, are you? Can't tell facts from fiction?

Considering that you perceive reality as the opposite of what it actually is, I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks!

It is pure fiction that Reagan raised taxes. The combination of the negotiated legislation during his terms lowered the tax burden overall.

I can Google up sites that claim that Elvis Presley is Alive and that the Earth has been invaded by Aliens.

Just because you found it on Google doesn't make your inane revisionist history of Reagan's overall economic policy true.

Considering that you perceive reality as the opposite of what it actually is, I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks!

It is pure fiction that Reagan raised taxes. The combination of the negotiated legislation during his terms lowered the tax burden overall.

And considering his Doctrine made the old Soviet regime FADE for a time?

And Considering what Carter left office with?

It was a far sight better.

Shame the Statists overly spent the dividend Reagan left.

LOL!

FORBES: Even Reagan Raised Taxes

THE ATLANTIC: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes in a Recession, Too

PENSITO REVIEW: Reagan Raised Taxes At Least 7 Times, Including the Biggest Corporate Tax Hike Ever

From that last link, some comments from Alan Simpson, Conservative Senator from Wyoming:

Republican former Sen. Alan Simpson — who was a friend of Pres. Ronald Reagan and who was conservative enough to be elected to the Senate three times by voters in Wyoming, Dick Cheney’s home state — is fed up by what the called the “myths and misconceptions and the distortions” about Reagan’s record on raising taxes.

Simpson, who serves on the federal commission charged with finding solutions to lowering the national debt, spoke out during a recent public hearing.

SEN. SIMPSON: Now if we’re going to work through the myths and misconceptions and the distortions, and as one president said, “plain damn lies.” I forget what president — I think it was Harry [Truman]. Uh, I’m going to say one.

Some groups seem to bring up Ronald Reagan. We’ll hear from those this afternoon — with a deserved reference, which is very appropriate. Uh. In the words memorialized in the vice presidential debate, I knew Ronald Reagan. They are not Ronald Reagan “knowers.”

In his diary books, I’m proudly mentioned many times. He was a dear friend, and a total realist as to politics.

I didn’t come to this commission to raise taxes. That’s the myth. But I’ll tell ya, they’ve got to be on the table and they are on the table. So I’ll get my share of crap on that one.

But let’s just disengage ourselves from the myth that Ronald Reagan never raised taxes. He did. And here are four big ones. So I hope this will clear the air for some of the groups today.

In 1982, the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act, that rolled back about a third of his ‘81 tax cuts, raised corporate tax rates, and to a lesser extent income tax rates. Raised taxes by almost 1 percent of GDP, which at that time was the largest percentage in peacetime increase ever.

[The] 1982 gas tax increase. [The] 1983 Greenspan commission — we know so well; [fellow commission member Alice Rivlin] remembers — we all … raised payroll taxes for lower and middle income households to higher than they were before Reagan’s ‘81 tax cuts. Then there was the 1984 deficit reduction tax.

Those are the big four. Then there was the Railroad Retirement Revenue Act, Consolidated Omnibus Budget of ‘85… ‘85…’87 Continuing Resolution, Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of ‘87, that was $8.6 billion

So there were a lot of them. Just thought I’d throw that in.​

Like I said before . . .

It's true. Unions are lobbying for 401Ks (and perhaps IRAs) to be seized to bail them out of their underfunded pension funds.

In February, the White House released its “Annual Report on the Middle Class” containing new regulations favored by Big Labor including a bailout of critically underfunded union pension plans through “retirement security” options.

The radical solution most favored by Big Labor is the seizure of private 401(k) plans for government disbursement — which lets them off the hook for their collapsing retirement scheme. And, of course, the Obama administration is eager to accommodate their buddies.

Vice President Joe Biden floated the idea, called “Guaranteed Retirement Accounts” (GRAs), in the February “Middle Class” report.

Gateway Pundit

You are in deep trouble

If I were you, I would cash out my IRA and bury it 6 feet deep so Obama can't find it.......bury your guns too!

You don't know what else Obama wants to take
Even if you like the thief, it's still thievery.

Synthaholic must also have a synthetic brain which is an inferior prototype.

4506671248_1e3c76f6cd.jpg

Overall, Reagan cut taxes by over $140B.

We The People did not elect him to implement a Far Left Progressive Agenda.

If he had disclosed during the campaign his intent to virtually nationalize GM and Chrysler, spend $800B bailing out Public Employee Unions, and enacting ObamaCare, he never would have won.

He did not hide his agenda to those who were listening. His number one goal and he mentioned it through out his campigan bid was to have a public option the rest of the things he is doing is just icing on the shit cake.

Correct. America listened and liked what they heard.

All he said was "hope" and "change".

To paraphrase Reagan:

How do you tell an Obamabot? That's someone who listens to Obama. How do you tell an Obama opponent? That's someone who understands Obama.

It's true. Unions are lobbying for 401Ks (and perhaps IRAs) to be seized to bail them out of their underfunded pension funds.

In February, the White House released its “Annual Report on the Middle Class” containing new regulations favored by Big Labor including a bailout of critically underfunded union pension plans through “retirement security” options.

The radical solution most favored by Big Labor is the seizure of private 401(k) plans for government disbursement — which lets them off the hook for their collapsing retirement scheme. And, of course, the Obama administration is eager to accommodate their buddies.

Vice President Joe Biden floated the idea, called “Guaranteed Retirement Accounts” (GRAs), in the February “Middle Class” report.

Gateway Pundit

You are in deep trouble

If I were you, I would cash out my IRA and bury it 6 feet deep so Obama can't find it.......bury your guns too!

You don't know what else Obama wants to take
Even if you like the thief, it's still thievery.

At the point of a gun.

Yep, and after a couple of the times Taxes were raised under Reagan guess what happened. TAX revenues dropped and Deficits grew.

GO FIGURE.

If you want an example of what Liberal Tax policy does look not further than Michigan. Where our Governor Has Raised or tried to raise nearly every tax we have, including the Michigan Business tax which is now, or was anyways the highest in the Nation. Guess what has happened since that passed, in the last 3 years at least. Revenues to the State have dropped EACH YEAR as Business flees and economic Activity is Depressed.

So what is our Honorable Governors Answer. Well now she is pushing a tax cut that is actually a tax increase.

She wants to lower our Michigan State Sales tax from 6% to 5.5% BUT make it apply to services which it does not apply to now. Anything from a Hair cut, to a Doctors Visit, to Your utility Bills will now be subject to 5.5% Sales Tax in Michigan if it passes. Sold as a tax cut it would actually be a MASSIVE tax increase on Nearly all people in Michigan.

Way to go, Lets Push more people and Business away from Michigan!

Last edited:
Yep, and after a couple of the times Taxes were raised under Reagan guess what happened. TAX revenues dropped and Deficits grew.

GO FIGURE.

If you want an example of what Liberal Tax policy does look not further than Michigan. Where our Governor Has Raised or tried to raise nearly every tax we have, including the Michigan Business tax which is now, or was anyways the highest in the Nation. Guess what has happened since that passed, in the last 3 years at least. Revenues to the State have dropped EACH YEAR as Business flees and economic Activity is Depressed.

So what is our Honorable Governors Answer. Well now she is pushing a tax cut that is actually a tax increase.

She wants to lower our Michigan State Sales tax from 6% to 5.5% BUT make it apply to services which it does not apply to now. Anything from a Hair cut, to a Doctors Visit, to Your utility Bills will now be subject to 5.5% Sales Tax in Michigan if it passes. Sold as a tax cut it would actually be a MASSIVE tax increase on Nearly all people in Michigan.

Way to go, Lets Push more people and Business away from Michigan!

ANY BLUE State that has failed, or is in the throws? A lesson to be learned here. TAX the shit out of the people? They FLEE or hide what they have.

Shame the FED does the same thing on a national scale...and want to punish those that ARE succeeding.

Democrats are DANGEROUS to Life, Liberty, and the persuit of Happiness (Property)...for they still don't get the message from the REAL earners...the people that make this economy RUN...

It isn't YOUR MONEY...and we will cut it off when Government becomes too intrusive.

WE are long past that point.

Forum List

Back