OBAMA: Auto Industry Bailout Saved 1 Million Jobs

bush inherited a recession from clinton, (dotcom bubble) hardly a sparkling economy. and then 9/11 happened. blame bush for that if you want.

bush corrupted all government agencies? really?

if bush did everything wrong, why is obama following virtually every one of his policies?
and please tell me, what did clinton do that was so great for the economy? why were 26 million jobs created under clinton?

Bush did some pretty bonehead shit. This is not in dispute. In fact many of us chided Bush for it...

But for Obama and the Statists in Congress that have been there since '06/'07 ...Tripling the debt? With More promises of the same on the way?

Piss poor employment right now? (NOT getting better) And they refuse to get out of the way...are refusing to extend Tax Cuts...

Clinton's hand was forced to the CENTER. Obama and

this Congress are left and turning harder left.

But notice in most leftist posts? They're STILL running against BUSH...and policies BUSH would have never gotten away with.

I sincerely DARE the left to run against BUSH this November.

can ANYONE tell me what Clinton did that was so great that created those 26 million jobs? the man had great timing, i'll give him that. what else did he have going for him? rdean? anything?

He didn't. That's the point. (Other than cutting the Military which we paid for to catch up later on).

We have no real way of knowing how many jobs might have been lost without that bailout of the auto industry.

Certainly many were, but the exact number?

PURE conjecture.

Oh, I see how you play it. Let me try:

We have no real way of knowing if we would have been attacked again if we didn't go into Iraq and Afghanistan, so why should we have bothered?

It was PURE conjecture on the part of NeoCons.

And you believed him?

haha9ru.jpg
Trollman strikes again!

We have no real way of knowing how many jobs might have been lost without that bailout of the auto industry.

PURE conjecture.

We have no real way of knowing if we would have been attacked again if we didn't go into Iraq and Afghanistan, so why should we have bothered?

Talking about trolling editedc was talking about auto bailouts and you bring up Iraq and Afghanistan.

And you believed him?

http://trade.gov/static/auto_reports_jobloss.pdf

According to data from the U.S. Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor and Statistics (BLS), total
automotive employment in the United States increased by 8% from 1991 to 2005 (but by just 4%
since 1990), rising from 1,054,000 workers to 1,098,000.

The automotive parts companies experienced an 8% increase in employment from 1990 to 2005
(12% from 1991), growing from 782,800 to 848,400 workers,

Total automotive employment is approximately 2 million workers which includes production and parts. What would have been the impact if the automotive industry would have been allowed to collapse? Would half of those workers have lost their jobs while the US Auto industry restructured itself and looked for investors?
1 million lost jobs seems possible.

The bigger question was the money we invested in the bailout worth it?

Hell yes
It's not only the actual auto manufacturing jobs. It's also all the related industries like auto parts stores, dealerships, after-market suppliers, auto repair, etc.

How many jobs were lost because money was diverted from the real private sector to bailout yet another subpar GSE?

None

The private sector has demonstrated over the last year that no matter how much money we pump their way they are unwilling to invest in new jobs

No one is willing to speed when there is such a dense fog in front of them, leftwinger
But they sure took that gas money because they claimed they were the only ones who could drive through the fog, didn't they?

We The People did not elect him to implement a Far Left Progressive Agenda.

If he had disclosed during the campaign his intent to virtually nationalize GM and Chrysler, spend $800B bailing out Public Employee Unions, and enacting ObamaCare, he never would have won.

He did not hide his agenda to those who were listening. His number one goal and he mentioned it through out his campigan bid was to have a public option the rest of the things he is doing is just icing on the shit cake.

Correct. America listened and liked what they heard.

I can Google up sites that claim that Elvis Presley is Alive and that the Earth has been invaded by Aliens.

Just because you found it on Google doesn't make your inane revisionist history of Reagan's overall economic policy true.
You're not very bright, are you? Can't tell facts from fiction?

We The People did not elect him to implement a Far Left Progressive Agenda.

If he had disclosed during the campaign his intent to virtually nationalize GM and Chrysler, spend $800B bailing out Public Employee Unions, and enacting ObamaCare, he never would have won.

He did not hide his agenda to those who were listening. His number one goal and he mentioned it through out his campigan bid was to have a public option the rest of the things he is doing is just icing on the shit cake.

And those that got it are in the minority. Those that bought the bullsqueeze? Are getting screwed and distancing themselves from him.

You haven't seen the polls have you...NOR do I suspect that you fucking care.

YOU are in the minority.

PURE conjecture.

Talking about trolling editedc was talking about auto bailouts and you bring up Iraq and Afghanistan.
No, he was making a statement that we wouldn't have known what would happen without the stimulus or the auto bailout. I just used his same argument, only about al Qaeda.

It's a stupid argument.

No, he was making a statement that we wouldn't have known what would happen without the stimulus or the auto bailout. I just used his same argument, only about al Qaeda.

It's a stupid argument.

YES...your argument certainly IS.

And those that got it are in the minority. Those that bought the bullsqueeze? Are getting screwed and distancing themselves from him.

YOU are in the minority.
Oh, you want a president who governs by polls?

YOU are in the minority.
Oh, you want a president who governs by polls?

Clinton is GONE. Obama certainly doesn't care...neither did BUSH.

So what's yer point asswipe?

PURE conjecture.

Get the FUCK outta here. You don't know what the term means.

Forum List

Back