Obama Attacked From The Left

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Certain goose-stepping members of this board have been telling us that any drop in President Obama’s poll numbers only represents people who didn’t vote for him. But...it looks like the honeymoon is about over, and even the amen-corner has some buyer’s remorse. Read the following.

Stewart Taylor, in the National Journal:
Having praised President Obama's job performance in two recent columns, it is with regret that I now worry that he may be deepening what looks more and more like a depression and may engineer so much spending, debt, and government control of the economy as to leave most Americans permanently less prosperous and less free.

National Journal Magazine - Obama's Left Turn

Or Howard Fineman:
Obama still has the approval of the people, but the establishment is beginning to mumble that the president may not have what it takes.
Obama may be mistaking motion for progress…

Fineman: Establishment Starts to Turn on Obama | Newsweek Voices - Howard Fineman | Newsweek.com

Even the Dean, David Broder, in the Washington Compost, er Post,:
Among those who follow government closely, there has been an unmistakable change in tone in the past few weeks. These are not little Rush Limbaughs hoping that Obama fails. They are politicians and journalists measuring him with the same skeptical eye they apply to everyone else.

These are people who deeply admire and respect Obama and wish him nothing but success. But, like some thoughtful congressional Democrats with whom I have spoken, they worry that he has bitten off more than he can chew.

washingtonpost.com

Certain goose-stepping members of this board have been telling us that any drop in President Obama’s poll numbers only represents people who didn’t vote for him. But...it looks like the honeymoon is about over, and even the amen-corner has some buyer’s remorse. Read the following.

Having praised President Obama's job performance in two recent columns, it is with regret that I now worry that he may be deepening what looks more and more like a depression and may engineer so much spending, debt, and government control of the economy as to leave most Americans permanently less prosperous and less free.

Or Howard Fineman:
Obama still has the approval of the people, but the establishment is beginning to mumble that the president may not have what it takes.

Fineman: Establishment Starts to Turn on Obama | Newsweek Voices - Howard Fineman | Newsweek.com

Among those who follow government closely, there has been an unmistakable change in tone in the past few weeks. These are not little Rush Limbaughs hoping that Obama fails. They are politicians and journalists measuring him with the same skeptical eye they apply to everyone else.

These are people who deeply admire and respect Obama and wish him nothing but success. But, like some thoughtful congressional Democrats with whom I have spoken, they worry that he has bitten off more than he can chew.

washingtonpost.com

The group most dangerous to Obama's popularity are the middle-road "Independent" voters that voted en-masse for Obama in the last election. A growing number of them are starting to actually pay some attention to Obama's performance as President - far more attention than they paid during the actual campaign, and they are growing increasingly apprehensive. Another group Obama has all but lost already within the first six weeks of his presidency are the Republicans who voted for him -and there were many. This fact is seen via the doubling of Obama's negative polling numbers.

And yes, even some Democrats are starting to shake their collective heads a bit over Obama, but overall, the Democrat faithfull are staying true to the new president. Obama will have to have several more months (or even years) of screw ups before he loses a significant number within the Democrat camp, just as many stayed loyal to Bush for a long time prior to finally throwing up their hands and cursing the ground he walked upon.

Obama's ace card, as it has always been, is his continued positive portrayal by the mainstream media. The media is so strongly invested in Obama's success, it will do all it can to drown out the growing concerns being voiced by a few in order to control the views of the many. It is that battle that is most daunting to the Republican Party, and most beneficial to Team Obama.

Certain goose-stepping members of this board have been telling us that any drop in President Obama’s poll numbers only represents people who didn’t vote for him.

Goose stepping. Interesting words if you are Republican right now.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the people once in a great while, but you can't please the right right now if your name is Obama.:lol:

I don't believe his polls have dropped that much.

If you pursue an agenda that isn't all righ or all left, you are going to alienate even some of your own party. That's life. That's also good.

Better than lemming love where you vote against someone just because your party said to.

Or Howard Fineman:

washingtonpost.com

The group most dangerous to Obama's popularity are the middle-road "Independent" voters that voted en-masse for Obama in the last election. A growing number of them are starting to actually pay some attention to Obama's performance as President - far more attention than they paid during the actual campaign, and they are growing increasingly apprehensive. Another group Obama has all but lost already within the first six weeks of his presidency are the Republicans who voted for him -and there were many. This fact is seen via the doubling of Obama's negative polling numbers.

And yes, even some Democrats are starting to shake their collective heads a bit over Obama, but overall, the Democrat faithfull are staying true to the new president. Obama will have to have several more months (or even years) of screw ups before he loses a significant number within the Democrat camp, just as many stayed loyal to Bush for a long time prior to finally throwing up their hands and cursing the ground he walked upon.

Obama's ace card, as it has always been, is his continued positive portrayal by the mainstream media. The media is so strongly invested in Obama's success, it will do all it can to drown out the growing concerns being voiced by a few in order to control the views of the many. It is that battle that is most daunting to the Republican Party, and most beneficial to Team Obama.

There is no doubt that the Democrats gaining control of Congress and the Presidency had everything to do with the anit-Bush sentiment and little to do with the Dems agenda. As big of a win as it was for the Dems, it won't take much for the pendulum to swing back the other way.

Maybe we'd be better off if the far right would have attacked Bush more often.

Instead, they allowed torture, murder, unfair taxes, lying us into a war, breaking the law, outting cia agents, politicizing the justice dept, bankrupting the treasury.

Social conservatives allowed Bush to do whatever he wanted to do, just because he was their best chance to get abortion banned.

And then in the last few days they woke up to realize Bush wasn't fiscally conservative? Too late dummies.

But even though Bush lied, and McCain was a liar too, it was ok, because no matter how bad they are, they aren't as bad as the LIBERALS!!!!'

What a crock of shit.

And it turned out Clinton was a centrist. If Republicans were ever intellectually honest, they would admit that Clinton was the best president they ever had. They got everything they wanted, plus he didn't spend as much as Reagan.

Clinton was better for Republicans than Reagan was. That's a fact.

So anyways, the left isn't as stupid as the right. We don't give the president a free pass on 99% because we care about 1 stupid issue like abortion. What a joke.

Certain goose-stepping members of this board have been telling us that any drop in President Obama’s poll numbers only represents people who didn’t vote for him.

Goose stepping. Interesting words if you are Republican right now.

You can please some of the people some of the time, and all of the people once in a great while, but you can't please the right right now if your name is Obama.:lol:

I don't believe his polls have dropped that much.

If you pursue an agenda that isn't all righ or all left, you are going to alienate even some of your own party. That's life. That's also good.

Better than lemming love where you vote against someone just because your party said to.

Goose-step. Oops. I guess you're a bit sensitive with that avatar.

"...you are going to alienate even some of your own party. That's life. " So, is this the fall-back position?

Last edited:

Or Howard Fineman:

washingtonpost.com

There is no doubt that the Democrats gaining control of Congress and the Presidency had everything to do with the anit-Bush sentiment and little to do with the Dems agenda. As big of a win as it was for the Dems, it won't take much for the pendulum to swing back the other way.

I hope so, but at the same time I have the trepidation of history reapeating itself, in the sense that the every party is too easily seduced once in power.

I would love to see a conservative government in power.

I actually agree with you. Less the sarcasm, of course.

Instead, they allowed torture, murder, unfair taxes, lying us into a war, breaking the law, outting cia agents, politicizing the justice dept, bankrupting the treasury.

Seal, meet Hiroo Onoda. All of those Democrat talking points have been discredited and shown to be lies. No torture, no murder, no lies, etc. I challenge you to show any "outting cia agents," or go for therapy for the Bush Derangement Syndrome that you so clearly demonstrate.

Social conservatives allowed Bush to do whatever he wanted to do, just because he was their best chance to get abortion banned.

Yes, too few stopped the finacial giveaways of the 'Compassionate Conservative' President, but a personal question: are you 'infanticipating," er, pregnant?

And then in the last few days they woke up to realize Bush wasn't fiscally conservative? Too late dummies.
I kind of agree here, but for the Liberal hallmark of personal recrimination.

And it turned out Clinton was a centrist. If Republicans were ever intellectually honest, they would admit that Clinton was the best president they ever had. They got everything they wanted, plus he didn't spend as much as Reagan.

Clinton was better for Republicans than Reagan was. That's a fact.

This scattergun approach puts too much in the post to be answered fully, but next to our current President, President Clinton appears more centrist.

But, please don't confuse someone who occupied the Oval Office with Ronaldus Maximus, the man who ended the Cold War, and brought the Evil Empire to its knees. And lets recall that the Republican Congress forced President Clinton to sign the Welfare Act. Ironic that the change in the welfare policy was a success, and the current President is about to reverse it.

So anyways, the left isn't as stupid as the right.

So the left is a teensy-weensy bit stupid? Do I detect a crack in the wall?

I fully expect that Obama's numbers will drop.

They will continue to drop just so long as people are losing their jobs or scared to death about losing them.

It's about the ECONOMY, stupid. (this is directed at no one, of course, but merely parroting the Wm. Clinton campaign mantra)

It's ALWAYS about the economy when the economy is fibrilating.

I could EASILY see Obama numbers dropping into the 30s by 2011 if things don't improve on MAIN street..

Do you realize you just called Smedley Butler, a Marine General, a two time winner of the Medal of Honor, a man who stopped a coup against our government: a "goose stepper." You need to read your history young lady before you put your foot in it.:cuckoo:

As to the blind goose stepping, I fear the message sailed above your far right head.:lol: Sensitive, no. Just amazed you would accuse the left of this after the display your elected officials put on of following the leader wherever they may go.

Seal, meet Hiroo Onoda. All of those Democrat talking points have been discredited and shown to be lies. No torture, no murder, no lies, etc. I challenge you to show any "outting cia agents," or go for therapy for the Bush Derangement Syndrome that you so clearly demonstrate.

Yes, too few stopped the finacial giveaways of the 'Compassionate Conservative' President, but a personal question: are you 'infanticipating," er, pregnant?

This scattergun approach puts too much in the post to be answered fully, but next to our current President, President Clinton appears more centrist.

But, please don't confuse someone who occupied the Oval Office with Ronaldus Maximus, the man who ended the Cold War, and brought the Evil Empire to its knees. And lets recall that the Republican Congress forced President Clinton to sign the Welfare Act. Ironic that the change in the welfare policy was a success, and the current President is about to reverse it.

I stopped reading your drivel when you denied that Bush/Chaney/Scooter Libby outted Valerie Plames because Joe Wilson, her husband, blew the wistle on WMD's.

If you deny that, then you seriously don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Do you think Bush pardoning Scooter means he was innocent?

Did you miss the trial?

Or do you think Libby acted on his own? Then you are a fool.

I fully expect that Obama's numbers will drop.

They will continue to drop just so long as people are losing their jobs or scared to death about losing them.

It's about the ECONOMY, stupid. (this is directed at no one, of course, but merely parroting the Wm. Clinton campaign mantra)

It's ALWAYS about the economy when the economy is fibrilating.

I could EASILY see Obama numbers dropping into the 30s by 2011 if things don't improve on MAIN street..

The Dow is up, the Feds are saying we could be out of the recession by the end of the year.

Things are going splendedly.

Do you realize you just called Smedley Butler, a Marine General, a two time winner of the Medal of Honor, a man who stopped a coup against our government: a "goose stepper." You need to read your history young lady before you put your foot in it.:cuckoo:

As to the blind goose stepping, I fear the message sailed above your far right head.:lol: Sensitive, no. Just amazed you would accuse the left of this after the display your elected officials put on of following the leader wherever they may go.

You are correct, I don't know who Smedley Butler is. Sorry, I thought it was you on Halloween.

Semper Fi and G-d Bless America.

Ok, read the rest. Reagan doubled the debt. You guys are all over Obama for his spending. Did you miss that Reagan had to spend his way out of a recession?

And it worked! Or actually, it just delayed the inevidable. If we don't take back the country from the Federal Reserve who now owns it, will go thru this again and again and again.

My point is, Clinton was more fiscally responsible than the 2 Bush's and Reagan.

PS. Maybe you need to realize that Bush's policies drove hundreds of thousands of people to the unemployment lines, and there is not a lot of work out there.

So rather than blame Obama for giving these people welfare, blame Bush for them needing welfare.

They're allowed to criticize but that should prove to you that the LMSM isn't all that Liberal. You Rs will have to find another excuse for losing elections.

Republicans lost the election for a damn good reason. They did a great job of protecting their corporate buddies and running the economy into the ground.

Forum List

Back