Obama & Atlas Shrugged

Read "Anthem" by her instead. It makes the same point, in about 900 less pages.

Atlas Shrugged is one of the most overrated books I've ever read - and not because of it's politics - I know where I stand with Ayn Rand. It's just a poorly written 1000 page monstrosity that's thesis can be summed up in one sentence.

Do you think you could play Bioshock instead of reading the book to get the same info or not?

Maybe I'm missing something here...

What exactly are you talking about?

There's a game called Bioshock where you explore an underwater city built by a man named Andrew Ryan. He's supposed to be based off Ayn Rand.

Just watch this
[youtube]J47ENHSomc8[/youtube]

Let me guess, you're one of those people who believe Rand was completely right huh? :eusa_eh:

I know this may come as quite a shock.But I dont pay any attention to her, but I did recognize the accuracy of the information presented. SOMETHING YOU SEEM INCAPABLE OF.

I know you were talking to me, but I feel any "incapability" to recognize the accuracy of the information presented is less an incapability, and more a disagreement. I don't claim to speak for Dogbert, but I've (unfortuatly) read Atlas Shrugged, and I don't agree that the information presented was accurate at all. Atlas Shrugged is fiction - Utopian fiction. It's no more "accurate" than 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I am not quite sure to what you refer. I havent read her. However the points raised about how the secured debt holders and non secured debt holders is. Thats what I was referring to. If you have something Beyond that I am all ears.

I know this may come as quite a shock.But I dont pay any attention to her, but I did recognize the accuracy of the information presented. SOMETHING YOU SEEM INCAPABLE OF.

I know you were talking to me, but I feel any "incapability" to recognize the accuracy of the information presented is less an incapability, and more a disagreement. I don't claim to speak for Dogbert, but I've (unfortuatly) read Atlas Shrugged, and I don't agree that the information presented was accurate at all. Atlas Shrugged is fiction - Utopian fiction. It's no more "accurate" than 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I am not quite sure to what you refer. I havent read her. However the points raised about how the secured debt holders and non secured debt holders is. Thats what I was referring to. If you have something Beyond that I am all ears.

My apologies, I was discussing Ayn Rand.

My apologies, I was discussing Ayn Rand.

No biggie I targeted dogbert because he never goes for the info just the messenger.

Do you think you could play Bioshock instead of reading the book to get the same info or not?

Maybe I'm missing something here...

What exactly are you talking about?

There's a game called Bioshock where you explore an underwater city built by a man named Andrew Ryan. He's supposed to be based off Ayn Rand.

Just watch this
[youtube]J47ENHSomc8[/youtube]

Cool, now I understand. I was a little confused, since I can't seem to learn any new videogames. I've heard of the game, my friends seem to like it, but I've never played it.

No biggie I targeted dogbert because he never goes for the info just the messenger.

I address the information constantly. However, if you are going to give me bullshit for sources then I'm going to call bullshit.

then try refuting the info and you wont look foolish.

Except I don't look foolish. I posted links to back up my points. I have read Atlas along with her other novels. And Atlas is one of the most overrated books I have ever seen in my life. It's up there with Twilight in being overrated and much like Twilight has a fanbase that sees no reason when it comes to discussing the book.

Except I don't look foolish. I posted links to back up my points. I have read Atlas along with her other novels. And Atlas is one of the most overrated books I have ever seen in my life. It's up there with Twilight in being overrated and much like Twilight has a fanbase that sees no reason when it comes to discussing the book.

I disagree, Every time I decided to butt in, the exact opposite was true. That is why you are drawing my comments.

We can start fresh from here. You will find it extremely difficult to get under my skin. If we must exchange insults I prefer to use Witt whenever possible. I have worked construction for almost 30 years I have very thick skin.

I've heard of the game. I've heard it's pretty good too. I'm just not sure what it has to do with my distaste for Atlas Shrugged.

The game received overwhelmingly positive reviews, being particularly well-reviewed in the mainstream press, which praised its "morality-based" storyline, immersive environment and Ayn Rand-inspired dystopian back-story.[21]

Basically I think he was asking whether it'd be better to play that game instead of reading the POS book. :lol:

You see many adults actually read books.

Book Definition | Definition of Book at Dictionary.com

book  /bʊk/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [book] Show IPA

–noun 1. a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.

Your ignorance is quite astounding. Please continue

Did you miss the fact that she ran a cult all based around her?

Read this article, then get back to me:

Ayn Rand | Cracked.com

I believe she also publicly admitted that her political theory was a utopian fantasy that would never be able to actually happen.

The book is fictional, however, it gives a strong political/philosophical message.

The villians are cronies. Those who don't have the abiliy to produce and make profit. So what they do is make laws taking from those that can produce and make profit.

As a result of looting these people economic collapse occurs.

However, they (the villans) still rely on making backroom deals to get ahead. Trading political favors and "pull".

At the same time, they go on a PR campaign about how the pursuit of profit is evil, and how they (the heroes) have no actual right to what they produce and achieve.

The heroes are those people who have ability. They do it mainly for the love of doing it and for money and and profit. As a result they help the economy many times more than anything the government can do.

Atlast Shrugged is actually a good read. There are romances in it, and it's very gripping.

It's no surprise the liberals don't get the message.

The Obama administration is a great example of the story that is going on in Atlas Shrugged.

Obama's bills are great as long as it doesn't apply to you. And it doesn't apply to you if you have the "pull" not to get it to apply to you.

Obama will loot from that that have ability to produce and make profit.

As a result, it will create economic disaster. Businesses will fail. People will lose their jobs. Pay will be cut, etc.

You look extremely foolish, and well :cuckoo:

This thread is about the book Atlas Shrugged and the similarity to the story of the book and what is going on in the Obama administration.

Since you have no clue about the book, then you are just behaving as usual like an idiot.

He is still working on it.

The health care bill

Cap & trade

The global warming hoax regulations

They haven't passed yet

How do any of those bills (aside from the healthcare bill, I see what you mean there) take money from "the achievers" to give to the "non-acheivers"

Health care takes rights from citizens and subjugates them to the federal gov, specifically, the IRS.

Cap & Trade makes energy unafordable for the average person (energy was the driving force for this country's greatness).

Global warming/CO2 emissions regulations by the EPA or laws passed by congress have declared your breath and the breath of your children a pollutant; how long do you think it will be before, life, is regulated?

In "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, the government has decided to take from the achievers, the people who have and demonstrated the ability to achieve and make things happen.

They are being looted by those who don't have that the abiliy as these achievers.

The looters' (i.e. those that get the government influence) ability is to make laws to take from these people.

Society has changed from a society based on production and profit to a society based on pull and getting favors from people who are good at making profit. As a result of these various laws to benefit these select few, the economy goes into turmoil)

How much do you think Obama is changing America to become like this type of society in Atlas Shrugged?

I've got to get that book.

Read "Anthem" by her instead. It makes the same point, in about 900 less pages.

Atlas Shrugged is one of the most overrated books I've ever read - and not because of it's politics - I know where I stand with Ayn Rand. It's just a poorly written 1000 page monstrosity that's thesis can be summed up in one sentence.

"Jesus" was not a community organizer. You are misrepresenting the Lord. He was about personal organization; get yourself straight and eventually the community will follow. You cannot demonstrate ONE (1) community the "Jesus" organized.
I really wish you would prove your statement or remove it. It is a LIE.

The health care bill

Cap & trade

They haven't passed yet

And the healthcare bill is taking away from you how? Because it got watered down by the Republicans in alliance with a couple Democrats and thus doesn't do enough to rein the healthcare sector corporations that are currently picking your pockets?

The health care bill

Cap & trade

They haven't passed yet

And the healthcare bill is taking away from you how? Because it got watered down by the Republicans in alliance with a couple Democrats and thus doesn't do enough to rein the healthcare sector corporations that are currently picking your pockets?

As I pointed out before unions got special exemptions for the taxes in their back door deals.

Once again, this displays "the politics of pull".

I wonder where Obama is going to get this extra money from?

Those who have the "pull" get exempted from Obama's bill, those that don't will have to suffer.

Jillian what type of business did Francisco have?

Who is John Galt?

Forum List

Back