Obama At War With Own General Part II

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
News report just starting to circulate that President Obama has only spoken to his Afghanistan General once in the past 70 days - a revelation that comes from General McChrystal himself...

___

By Amanda Carpenter on Sept. 28, 2009 into The Back Story

The military general credited with capturing Saddam Hussein and killing the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, says he has spoken with President Obama only once since taking command in Afghanistan.

"I’ve talked to the president, since I’ve been here, once on a VTC [video teleconferece]," Gen. Stanley McChrystal told CBS reporter David Martin in a television interview that aired Sunday.

"You’ve talked to him once in 70 days?" Mr. Martin followed up.

"That is correct," the general replied.

This revelation comes amid the explosive publication of an classified report written by the general that said the war in Afghanistan "will likely result in failure" if more troops are not added next year. Yet, the debate over health care reform continues to dominate Washington’s political discussions.

Former U.S. Ambassador for the United Nations John R. Bolton said this was indicative of Mr. Obama’s misplaced priorities.

U.S. commander in Afghanistan talked with Obama only once - The Back Story - Washington Times

One conversation in the last 70 days as troop deaths skyrocket during that same time period???

WTF????

The only way for McChrystal to get real time with Obama is to get booked on Letterman

Last edited:
The dear leader is too busy spending tax money and voiding the Bill of Rights. He can't worry about the taxpayers' children that are serving in the military, "they knew what they were getting into", was his statement when he wanted our troops to pay for their military injuries after they were discharged. He is not focused on "victory". That leaves that other word: defeat.

The dear leader is too busy spending tax money and voiding the Bill of Rights. He can't worry about the taxpayers' children that are serving in the military, "they knew what they were getting into", was his statement when he wanted our troops to pay for their military injuries after they were discharged. He is not focused on "victory". That leaves that other word: defeat.

____

Did he really say that? I am gonna need some proof of that - I cannot imagine any politician in this country saying something so cold. I'm not saying you're lying - I just need some proof of it because that would be an astounding thing to have said...

"I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur,"

Oopsies! The guy who wants our kids to spend more time in school learning stuff got it WRONG!

It must be like the game Clue.

Obama (first guess): OK, I have Tojo, on the New Jersey surrendering to Patton

____

Did he really say that? I am gonna need some proof of that - I cannot imagine any politician in this country saying something so cold. I'm not saying you're lying - I just need some proof of it because that would be an astounding thing to have said...
That is what he said.
What we all have to understand is that this is a man who steadfastly refused to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on the campaign trail, because photograhers would not be allowed to accompany him on the visit. He chose to go to the gym instead. He was more interested in a photo-op then he was in shaking the hands, thanking, talking too, or even offering comfort to those who were wounded serving this great country.
He's beyond disgusting.

____

That is what he said.
What we all have to understand is that this is a man who steadfastly refused to visit our wounded troops in Germany while on the campaign trail, because photograhers would not be allowed to accompany him on the visit. He chose to go to the gym instead. He was more interested in a photo-op then he was in shaking the hands, thanking, talking too, or even offering comfort to those who were wounded serving this great country.
He's beyond disgusting.

I know of that incident, but not the quote of "they knew what they were getting in to".

I'm gonna need proof of that...

Obama doesn't have a clue as to what to do with the situation over in either Iraq or Afghanistan. He's too stupid to listen to his Generals. Here's what the deal is. Either send enough troops over there to get the job done correctly and swiftly or bring them all home now and admit defeat. Why let this crap go on forever and end up like Viet Nam did? You can't have it both ways. Either you want to win this war or you don't want to win this war. Make the decision as to what you really want and take the appropriate action to get whatever that decision is done. It's time to either shit or get off the pot.

Yeah, the Washington Times is so fair and balanced.

This revelation comes amid the explosive publication of an classified report written by the general that said the war in Afghanistan "will likely result in failure" if more troops are not added next year. Yet, the debate over health care reform continues to dominate Washington’s political discussions.

Former U.S. Ambassador for the United Nations John R. Bolton said this was indicative of Mr. Obama’s misplaced priorities.

Nice to throw in Bolton since he was with the stupid fucks who started the war there and then abandoned it for Iraq.

I guess you can only do one thing at a time if you're a neo constitpate.

You have no idea what is being done about Afghanistan, but then most of the anti obama threads are the same lame shit.:cuckoo:

____

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed
Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial
plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries
with private insurance....sorry I couldn't find any of the quotes if you want to check search: making vets pay for (war) injuries.

And still if you are not working to win (victory), you are going to lose (defeat).

Maybe that general in Afganistan will test some of those medium range bunker buster ballistic missles on his own.

Another Neoscum circle jerk thread.
Theater commanders do not report directly to the POTUS.
Chain of command look it up.
We have been there for eight years now all of a sudden the success or the failure of the mission hinges on a quick decision.
Get a clue Neoscum the "Mission" failed when Dubya and Dick let OBL escape in Tora Bora.

We have been there for eight years now all of a sudden the success or the failure of the mission hinges on a quick decision.
Get a clue Neoscum the "Mission" failed when Dubya and Dick let OBL escape in Tora Bora.

___

None of which relates to the thread.

Obama has spoken to his general ONCE via teleconference for the last 70 days. In that time, violence in Afghanistan has greatly escalated, as have American casualties. Obama ran on a campaign declaring Afghanistan as the "right war".

Obama's general is coming out openly warning of more troops needed or the United States will face certain defeat. For a general to do that indicates serious doubts between he and the Obama White House.

And what does Obama do? Fly off to try and get the Summer Olympics in Chicago??:eusa_eh:

Yeah...

___

None of which relates to the thread.

Obama has spoken to his general ONCE via teleconference for the last 70 days. In that time, violence in Afghanistan has greatly escalated, as have American casualties. Obama ran on a campaign declaring Afghanistan as the "right war".

Obama's general is coming out openly warning of more troops needed or the United States will face certain defeat. For a general to do that indicates serious doubts between he and the Obama White House.

And what does Obama do? Fly off to try and get the Summer Olympics in Chicago??:eusa_eh:

Yeah...

LOL pathetic Neoscum parsing of the issue, peddle your weak minded drivel to someone else.

that damn Obama!!! doesnt he know that as a president with no military background that he should be micromanaging his generals and telling them how to run the war?

that damn Obama!!! doesnt he know that as a president with no military background that he should be micromanaging his generals and telling them how to run the war?

C'mon now... his uncle liberated Auschwitz.

That should be more then enough of background...

Forum List

Back