Obama at Chamber of Commerce

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
Sort of like Pee Wee Herman speaking at a football banquet.
Obama challenges business to "create jobs":cuckoo:
It is not the job of business to "create jobs". My job is TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
The man has NO clue about private sector business.
He has never had to create a budget for a private business, create a business plan, calculate the economic worth on profitability of a potential new employee or review the business plan to determine profitability.

The man has ZERO experience in the for profit business sector. Here we have a President standing up in a room and telling the largest capitalist business organization that they are in business to hire people and share the wealth.
Mr President, excuse me sir but you are A DUMBASS.
I am in business to MAKE MONEY FOR MYSELF AND MY SHAREHOLDERS. If I choose I will hire people THAT HELP PRODUCE THAT WEALTH and I will pay my employees a fair and competitive wage to work for me.

We need Mitt Romney and bad.

He has never had to create a budget for a private business, create a business plan, calculate the economic worth on profitability of a potential new employee or review the business plan to determine profitability.

The man has ZERO experience in the for profit business sector. Here we have a President standing up in a room and telling the largest capitalist business organization that they are in business to hire people and share the wealth.
I am in business to MAKE MONEY FOR MYSELF AND MY SHAREHOLDERS. If I choose I will hire people THAT HELP PRODUCE THAT WEALTH and I will pay my employees a fair and competitive wage to work for me.

Erm..no.

President Obama basically saved their collective asses from disaster. And some of those people sitting in the room should be cooling their heels in the pokey. Instead of being vindictive he went and said what he should have said. America saved all your asses. Time to return the favor.

Erm..no.

President Obama basically saved their collective asses from disaster. And some of those people sitting in the room should be cooling their heels in the pokey. Instead of being vindictive he went and said what he should have said. America saved all your asses. Time to return the favor.

Please tell me how he "saved my ass".
I owe no one any favors.
I risk MY $, not the taxpayers' $$.
When has Obama asked anyone on assistance, anyone in the unions, seniors, ANYONE OTHER THAN PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE, to give back anything?
When?

Erm..no.

I owe no one any favors.
When has Obama asked anyone on assistance, anyone in the unions, seniors, ANYONE OTHER THAN PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE, to give back anything?
When?

You do business with a bank?

You have to make payrolls?

Are you totally liquid?

If you answered yes to the first 2 questions and no to the last, Obama saved your ass too. If you answered no to the first 2 questions and yes to the third..then more power to ya.

Erm..no.

I owe no one any favors.
When?

Are you totally liquid?

If you answered yes to the first 2 questions and no to the last, Obama saved your ass too. If you answered no to the first 2 questions and yes to the third..then more power to ya.

The bank does not pay my employees OR ANY EMPLOYEES.
A business has to ALWAYS pay their employees with PROFITS.
My business, NOT THE BANKS OR THE GOVERNMENT, makes the profits.
ALL businesses have to be liquid to pay their bills and employees.
ONLY capital expansions are financed by banks. NEVER payrolls.
Respectfully, you know nothing about small business or most business it appears.
PROFITS finances ALL business. If I do borrow from the bank IT IS PROFITS that HAS TO PAY IT BACK.
Where do you get your information?
98% of American business gets NO $$ from government.

I owe no one any favors.
When?

Are you totally liquid?

Respectfully, you know nothing about small business or most business it appears.
PROFITS finances ALL business. If I do borrow from the bank IT IS PROFITS that HAS TO PAY IT BACK.

I owned a bar once..in the way back.

Noticed you jumped over the questions.

But the long and the short of it..is if the financial institutions had collapsed, it would have, more then likely, had a negative impact on your business.

So you want a president with real business experience like:
George W. Bush - a failure in the oil business, a co-owner of losing baseball before entering politics
George H. Bush - a short time managing the family oil business followed by a long career in politics
Clinton - no business experience
Ronald Regan - no real business experience. Worked as an actor then politics
Jimmy Cartier - a number of years as a sccessful farmer followed by politics.
Richard Nixon - no business experience
Dwight Eisenhower - no business experience
Harry Truman - worked in a clothing store then politics
FDR - no business experience
Hoover - mining engineer, co-owner of moving company, managed a mining consulting firm, on the board of a bank, secretary of commerce.

Jimmy Cartier was the last president we had with extensive business experience. Most economists believe his policies brought on the 1981 recession.

Herbert Hoover had extensive business experience and for a number of years was given credit for the Great Depression but today we just give him credit for making the depression worse.

Presidents with good business backgrounds have not done so well for this country.

Last edited:
The man is an ivy league, wall street puppet. The sooner we rid ourselves of an elitist oligarchy in D.C. the closer we'll come to real freedom. I won't honor you leftist cowards by writing about the real hate I feel for your executive charlatan.

When an American citizen states that a business has an obligation to hire more workers they know nothing about business.

Are you totally liquid?

But the long and the short of it..is if the financial institutions had collapsed, it would have, more then likely, had a negative impact on your business.

I make payroll with my profits, never in 30 years with the help of a bank.
I have to be liquid fully to cover the payroll.
I am totally liquid. I owe the bank zero on all 3 of my businesses except my investment business which has no employees or revenues for the last 4 years. The bank solicits my business there, not the other way around.
I know of no business that a bank pays the payroll, subsidizes losses and manages the business.
When did the bank ever pay your bills or payroll when you owned a bar?
Many Presidents have not owned a business BUT they knew how a business is run.
How come Obama ONLY asks the producers and never the moochers to give something back?

I am totally liquid. I owe the bank zero on all 3 of my businesses except my investment business which has no employees or revenues for the last 4 years. The bank solicits my business there, not the other way around.
I know of no business that a bank pays the payroll, subsidizes losses and manages the business.
How come Obama ONLY asks the producers and never the moochers to give something back?

I don't know your business..or how many businesses you've been involved in. What I do know is that sometimes there are revenue short falls that have nothing to do with how profitable a business is..and more to do with the timing of payments due. I experienced that a few times both with my bar and when I worked for a consulting firm. You still have to make payroll and banks extend credit for that.

Be that as it may..it's very naive to assume that there is no interconnection between business and government. And over the last 30 years or so..Legislation has favored and sided with business in the hopes that the private sector would provide employment and lead to the betterment of life in America. That..to a large extent..hasn't happened. What has happened is a return to pre-depression conditions where a small part of the population controls a vast amount of the wealth.

Instead of proposing legislation to strengthed Unions, create "Make Work" programs and impose harsher regulations...President Obama is appealing to Business itself to alleviate the need for any of that.

It's a smart move..but it's likely to fall on deaf ears.

I don't know your business..or how many businesses you've been involved in. What I do know is that sometimes there are revenue short falls that have nothing to do with how profitable a business is..and more to do with the timing of payments due. I experienced that a few times both with my bar and when I worked for a consulting firm. You still have to make payroll and banks extend credit for that.

Be that as it may..it's very naive to assume that there is no interconnection between business and government. And over the last 30 years or so..Legislation has favored and sided with business in the hopes that the private sector would provide employment and lead to the betterment of life in America. That..to a large extent..hasn't happened. What has happened is a return to pre-depression conditions where a small part of the population controls a vast amount of the wealth.

Instead of proposing legislation to strengthed Unions, create "Make Work" programs and impose harsher regulations...President Obama is appealing to Business itself to alleviate the need for any of that.

Why would anybody pay any attention to financial lectures from a 49 yo manchild who's never held a job?

No sound business borrows money to make payroll.

It's an incredibly stupid move! In stead of promoting policy that would cause business to expand and need more employees to fill orders, he orders business to add employees while restricting their ability to generate the necessary profit with which to meet payroll. His policies are causing an uncertainty that encourages business to hold onto what little cash they have.
Get the fuck out of the economy's way and it will recover.

From small business it will. Leave us alone and get off our backs.

WHo says they have yet to collapse?
10 years from now you might be able to say that.
There are many more knowledgeable than the two of us combined who say at best the trillion $ tax giveaway postponed an inevitable crash that has yet to happen, all the while the very people who created the mini-crash in the last couple years used the money to make incredible fortunes while we are still stuck in their wake.
Argue with that.

Forum List

Back