Obama asks voters for revenge, Romney asks for votes -"For love of country."

Didn't CG toot-her-horn, as it were, the other day announcing that she had voted for ol' Etch A Sketch & Lyin' Ryan?

Why do you come in to threads where people are having a good discussion and start tossing out personal insults?? Go ooze your hate somewhere else.. Pathetic.

You said it was 'clear' that 'most'.....

It is not clear.

It is not most.

It is you - partisan - opinion, based on bullshit.

I hope that's clear.

Right...that's why Romney swept the primaries, right? Did he ever get more than 25% of the vote in any of the primaries? Tell me some more stories about all the people voting FOR Romney.

I don't give a shit what happened in the primaries. Ain't my party, ain't my business.

How about you carry on telling stories in the style of Hans Christian Andersen about how 'most' people are voting?

Mindless twit.

You're absolutely right...I was going on data from WAAAAYYYYY back in June and not the more recent data from late October.

In Pew's June survey, 58% of those who said they were voting for Romney said their votes were against Obama while only 38% said their votes were for Romney. In Pew's most recent survey released this week, 57% of Romney's voters now say their votes are affirmative votes for Romney while only 39% said their votes were against Obama.[...]

10-29-2012-7.png

By contrast, registered voters who favor Obama have consistently described their vote as a vote for the president. Currently, 73% of Obama’s supporters say they are voting for the president, while just 24% are voting against Romney.

There is still a decided enthusiasm gap between the two candidates.

Let me get this straight, Obama the president who went on an apology tour in the middle east saying "there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" is calling for Americans to vote for revenge?

This op had started stupid tread after stupid tread. Lgs you need an education badly.

A little context adds some balance to the the nonsensical crap in the OP.

"Speaking in Springfield, at one of three Ohio events, Obama began telling a story about a younger Romney, then a Massachusetts Senate candidate, who had campaigned against former President Bill Clinton's economic platform in the 1990s. As soon as the president mentioned Romney's name, the crowd began to boo.

“No, no, no, Don't boo. Vote,” Obama told the crowd. “Voting is the best revenge.”

Obama Tells Ohioans How To Get Back At Romney: 'Voting Is The Best Revenge' (VIDEO)

I still may vote for Romney or I may not, one reason I am still undecided is reading the shit that is thrown in these spurious and misinformed threads.

"Speaking in Springfield, at one of three Ohio events, Obama began telling a story about a younger Romney, then a Massachusetts Senate candidate, who had campaigned against former President Bill Clinton's economic platform in the 1990s. As soon as the president mentioned Romney's name, the crowd began to boo.

“No, no, no, Don't boo. Vote,” Obama told the crowd. “Voting is the best revenge.”

Obama Tells Ohioans How To Get Back At Romney: 'Voting Is The Best Revenge' (VIDEO)

I still may vote for Romney or I may not, one reason I am still undecided is reading the shit that is thrown in these spurious and misinformed threads.

I suppose you want us to believe that?
No one cares who you OR anyone here votes for..

Let me get this straight, Obama the president who went on an apology tour in the middle east saying "there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" is calling for Americans to vote for revenge?

You started with "let's get this straight" and then proceeded to not get anything straight.

yikes, revenge...GO Romney:eusa_clap:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdiYQ1EHvA]Revenge Or Love Of Country - YouTube[/ame]

My guess is that 66% of all votes, be they Republicans or Democrats will be voting more out of spite than conviction for the man they're casting their votes for.

Speaking from you hearts how many here who know who they will be voting for, will be doing so because they really and truly agree with everything their man has said or done?

Not many would be my guess.

An election is usually the choice of the lesser of two evils.

Normally, I find the Republican to be the lesser evil...

Just not this time.

Obama is looking to foment a Civil War, which is nothing less than Jeremiah Wright, whose church front pew Obama occupied for some twenty odd years, would do. Bill Maher is taking his chances tossing a little extra gasoline on the fire here. CVS, or whatever drugstore Mr Maher uses, must have to deliver his weekly supply of KY Jelly by the eighteen foot box truckload.

Obama Mega-Donor Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters, “Black People Will Come After You” If You Vote For Him… | Weasel Zippers

Yeah, revenge for the lies Bishop Willard told the workers of Ohio to scare them into voting for him because he loves lying to the people of this great country.

President Obama: Now, Governor Romney, he’s a very gifted salesman. So he’s been trying in this campaign, as hard as he can, to repackage these ideas that didn’t work, the very same policies that did not work, and he’s trying to pretend that they’re change. Have you heard him? He’s going around saying, I’m the candidate of change. Except, when you look at the policies, they’re the same ones that didn’t work. Now, the thing is, we know what change looks like, and what he’s selling ain’t it. (Applause.) Giving more power to the biggest banks -- that's not change. Another $5 trillion tax cut that favors the wealthy is not change. Refusing to answer questions about the details of your policies until after the election -- not change.
Ruling out compromise, pledging to rubber-stamp the tea party agenda in Congress -- that's not change. That’s exactly what we need to change. Kind of massaging the facts when they’re inconvenient to your campaign -- that's definitely not change. That’s the oldest trick in the book.
That’s what Governor Romney has been doing these last few weeks. You’ve been seeing it. Right here in Ohio, folks who work at the Jeep plant have been having to call up their employers because they’re worried; they’re asking if their jobs are being shipped to China. And the reason they're worried is because they saw ads run by Governor Romney saying Jeep plants were going to be shipping jobs to China. Of course, it turns out it’s not true. The car companies themselves have told Governor Romney to knock it off. Knock it off. That’s what they said. (Applause.)
GM -- General Motors said, we think creating jobs in the United States should be a source of bipartisan pride. That’s what they said, and they’re right. I couldn’t agree more.
And I understand Governor Romney has a tough time here in Ohio because he was against saving the auto industry. And the auto industry accounts for one out of eight jobs here in Ohio. So I get that it’s a problem for him. But you can’t run away four day, five days, six days before an election -- run away from that position, especially when you’re on videotape saying the words, “let Detroit go bankrupt.” (Applause.) He said it.
And you can’t try to scare people. Listen, this is not a game. These are people’s jobs. These are people’s lives. The auto industry, they spend a lot of money advertising and branding, and letting folks know that we’re back and we’re here in America, and we’re making American cars with American workers. And now, suddenly, you’ve got a guy going out there saying something that’s not true? You don't scare hardworking Americans just to scare up some votes. That's not what being President is about. (Applause.)

Obama is looking to foment a Civil War, which is nothing less than Jeremiah Wright, whose church front pew Obama occupied for some twenty odd years, would do. Bill Maher is taking his chances tossing a little extra gasoline on the fire here. CVS, or whatever drugstore Mr Maher uses, must have to deliver his weekly supply of KY Jelly by the eighteen foot box truckload.

Obama Mega-Donor Bill Maher Warns Romney Supporters, “Black People Will Come After You” If You Vote For Him… | Weasel Zippers

I don't see how anyone but a panicky Teabagger could have seen what Maher just said there as a joke...

[The good professor dissects Obama perfectly, revenge is Obama's rail and he has never left it. Jeremiah Wright has been sitting in the White House for the last four years. You may have thought the Civil War ended 147 years ago, Obama wants to restart it all over again with him the only winner this time.]

"It’s nice that in his closing argument Obama has articulated more perfectly than ever before his political philosophy of revenge.

While various people are reacting as if Obama has gone off the rails, revenge is Obama’s rail.

Dividing Americans into groups and playing each against the other has been Obama’s modus operandi since the beginning of his political career. Resentment and envy are the key emotions.

As documented here hundreds of times over the past four years, revenge against the top 5%, 2%, 1%, you name it, was the subtext and often text of Obama’s 2008 campaign and presidency. Accusing opponents of racism has been Obama supporters’ main line of attack.

I’m glad he put a name on it. Revenge."

» Revenge is Obama’s rail - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Meaning you are unable to think for yourself and you simply want to be a part of the crowd so you are still wetting your finger and holding it up in the air...praying to get help from the masses.

Sorry bout that,

1. This meat sack of a President sounds more like Saddam Hussein.
2. Well they both carried the same name.
3. I think that that is the worst example of why to vote against him, bar none.
4. Obama is no better than those dictators in the middle east, where opposition end up shot in head in drive by shootings.
5. Or exploded by suicide vest terrorism.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
This is the most anti-American statement I've ever heard being made by a "president."

Can't wait for Tuesday to get the news ol' Barry is getting evicted from the White House.

Here's another slant on it:

Romney’s Closing Argument

by John Hinderaker @ Romney’s Closing Argument | Power Line

Today in Wisconsin, Mitt Romney delivered what his campaign calls his closing argument in support of his candidacy. It focused on the economy and featured Romney’s themes of change and optimism. Here are some excerpts:

Four years ago, candidate Obama promised to do so very much, but he has fallen so very short.

He promised to be a “post-partisan president” but he became the most partisan– blaming, attacking, dividing.

He was going to focus on creating jobs. Instead, he focused on Obamacare, which killed jobs.

He said he was going to cut the federal deficit by half; then he doubled it.

He said that the unemployment rate would now be 5.2%; today we learned that it is 7.9%–it is 9 million jobs short of what he promised. Unemployment is higher today than when Barack Obama took office.

He promised that he would propose a plan to save Social Security and Medicare from insolvency. He did not; rather, he raided $716 billion from Medicare for his vaunted Obamacare.

He would lower health premiums by $2,500. Now they are higher by $3,000. And gasoline? The American family pays $2,000 a year more for gasoline today than when he was elected.

He said he would work across the aisle on the most important issues. He has not met on the economy, or on the budget, or on jobs, with either the Republican leader of the House or the Senate since July. Instead of bridging the divide, he has made it wider.

How is it that he has fallen so short of what he promised? In part, it is because he has never led, never worked across the aisle, never truly understood how jobs are created in the economy.

And today, he makes new promises, promises he will be unable to keep, because he admits that he will stay on the same path. The same course we have been on will not lead to a better destination.

The same path means $20 trillion in debt, crippling unemployment, stagnant take-home pay, depressed home values, and a devastated military. And unless we change course, we may be looking at another recession.

The question of this election comes down to this: do you want more of the same or do you want real change?

That is very strong stuff, which sums up the case for Romney. The rest of the speech was less focused, but included plenty of good moments:
You know that if the President is re-elected, he will continue to promote government and demote business. He chose his own jobs council, made up of business leaders. And he hasn’t met with them in 9 months. 9 months.

I like business, I don’t see it as a necessary evil. I see it as a means for people to fulfill their dreams. …

You know that if the President is re-elected, he will say every good thing he can about education, but in the final analysis, he will do what his largest campaign supporters–the public-sector unions–insist upon. And your kids will have the same schools with the same results.

When I am president, I will be a voice of the children and their parents. There is no union for the PTA. …

If there is anyone worried the last four years are the best we can do, if there is anyone who fears that the American dream is fading away, if there is anyone who wonders whether better jobs and better paychecks are things of the past, I have a clear and unequivocal message: with the right leadership, America will come roaring back.

We are Americans. We can do anything.

The only thing that stands between us and some of the best years we have known is lack of leadership. And that’s why we have elections.

This Tuesday is a moment to look into the future and imagine what we can do … to put the past four years behind us and start building a new future.

You saw the differences when President Obama and I were side-by-side in our debates. He says it has to be this way. I say it can’t stay this way. He’s offering excuses, I’ve got a plan. He’s hoping we’ll settle. I can’t wait for us to get started.

Americans don’t settle. We build, we aspire, we listen to that voice inside that says, “We can do better.” A better job; a better life for our kids; a bigger, better country.

That better life is out there, waiting for us. Our destiny is in your hands.

Then on into the conclusion, which struck me as rather sappy; but then, I’m not an undecided voter. All in all, a powerful message and one that goes back to where the campaign started: with Obama’s terrible record on the economy, and his utter failure to make good on the promises he made in 2008.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Get your revenge on republicans, vote democrat.

Of course that also means to get your revenge on democrats, vote republican. There is no doubt that many of the votes cast for Romney are revenge votes against what obama has done. Revenge against high energy prices, revenge for obama care, revenge for high unemployment. There's a lot of revenge out there.

My guess is that 66% of all votes, be they Republicans or Democrats will be voting more out of spite than conviction for the man they're casting their votes for.

Speaking from you hearts how many here who know who they will be voting for, will be doing so because they really and truly agree with everything their man has said or done?

Not many would be my guess.
No one agrees 100% of what a candidate says or does. But I do know that if Obama is re-elected, as a country we will no longer stand for individual freedom, personal responsibility and a land of unlimited opportunity for those who are willing to work to make a success of their lives. It is too bad that so many are willing to throw away these attributes of our beloved country in hope that Obama will somehow do what he failed to do in his first term, improve the economy and cut the national debt.

Before you vote you should think which candidate is more likely to support, economic freedom, healthcare freedom, education freedom, energy freedom and promote freedom at home and abroad. The record is clear, Obama has not done any of these things!

Barack Obama is the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood.

You vote for him and you're fucking insane.

Forum List

Back