Obama Asks For $200 billion Tax Breaks For Business Capital Investment

I guess I’d really need to know what these tax breaks are. Obama has claimed tax credits are tax breaks despite the fact they are a polar opposite.

You need a good solid tax cut to *help* in this situation. No games, no tricks, no tax credit today and gone tomorrow BS like Obama did last time around.

Really we need to just cut spending and repeal Obamacare. We need out of the wars and not have Obama talk about starting a third war. We need some kind of clear future so people know or can at least feel confident in investing again.

Someone else mentioned this, but why every time Obama does these fake “tax cuts” do liberals lose their Fing mind while foaming at the mouth with support? Most of you democrats here HATE the idea of tax cuts but then all of a sudden it’s like some new novel idea that you can use to kick some republicans in the face with, despite the fact that in the end, they are “tax credits” not “tax cuts.” Making you all look even dumber than before when you were jumping up and down about “tax cuts” being horrible.

Like I said, I’d like some clear information as to what Obama means about tax help. Also realize that even cutting taxes means very little when Government keeps pushing the many programs that cause uncertainty and or just outright just kill business.

These would be direct Tax Credits. You invest a Billion and they let you right it all off on that years taxes. Will be a very effective form of Direct Stimulus. Almost shocking this idea is coming from such a far left president. This is classic supply side economics.

This is a much better plan than the current deal that allows them to right of interest on loans. That way encourages Debt, while this new idea will encourage investment from Existing capital and not just loans.

As I said before and in another thread on this subject. I must give Obama Credit for this one. Very good idea.

Well then that is very interesting to hear. I do wonder if it does pass what it will pass with and if it will be as good as you say (not tricky and full of games.)

But until it happens it's all talk, so we'll see.

Boooosh tax breaks...bad.
Obama tax breaks...good.

Hypocrites.

Way to paint with a broad stroke. So ALL tax cuts are the same now? And why is it not surprising that the cons here would rather do ANYTHING then say Good job Obama.....nah, let's figure out how we can turn this in to an argument instead. Very American of you all.

Last edited:
LOL, now we are being called UN-Amercian because we see through the Obama's little games.:lol:

LOL, now we are being called UN-Amercian because we see through the Obama's little games.:lol:

Yup, you're smarter than Obama Stephanie. Nothing gets by you....especially Obama's "little games".

Obama tax breaks...good.

Hypocrites.

Way to paint with a broad stroke. So ALL tax cuts are the same now? And why is it not surprising that the cons here would rather do ANYTHING then say Good job Obama.....nah, let's figure out how we can turn this in to an argument instead. Very American of you all.

Please explain to me how it's OK for everyone on the left to criticize the Bush tax breaks for adding to the deficit, but when Obama offers tax breaks for infrastructure then all of a sudden they are a good thing.

Do you not see that as hypocritical??

I guess I’d really need to know what these tax breaks are. Obama has claimed tax credits are tax breaks despite the fact they are a polar opposite.

You need a good solid tax cut to *help* in this situation. No games, no tricks, no tax credit today and gone tomorrow BS like Obama did last time around.

Really we need to just cut spending and repeal Obamacare. We need out of the wars and not have Obama talk about starting a third war. We need some kind of clear future so people know or can at least feel confident in investing again.

Someone else mentioned this, but why every time Obama does these fake “tax cuts” do liberals lose their Fing mind while foaming at the mouth with support? Most of you democrats here HATE the idea of tax cuts but then all of a sudden it’s like some new novel idea that you can use to kick some republicans in the face with, despite the fact that in the end, they are “tax credits” not “tax cuts.” Making you all look even dumber than before when you were jumping up and down about “tax cuts” being horrible.

Like I said, I’d like some clear information as to what Obama means about tax help. Also realize that even cutting taxes means very little when Government keeps pushing the many programs that cause uncertainty and or just outright just kill business.

These would be direct Tax Credits. You invest a Billion and they let you right it all off on that years taxes. Will be a very effective form of Direct Stimulus. Almost shocking this idea is coming from such a far left president. This is classic supply side economics.

This is a much better plan than the current deal that allows them to right of interest on loans. That way encourages Debt, while this new idea will encourage investment from Existing capital and not just loans.

As I said before and in another thread on this subject. I must give Obama Credit for this one. Very good idea.

Well then that is very interesting to hear. I do wonder if it does pass what it will pass with and if it will be as good as you say (not tricky and full of games.)

Well it is certainly a better idea than more inefficient Federal spending on roads, rails, and runways.

Obama tax breaks...good.

Hypocrites.

Please explain to me how it's OK for everyone on the left to criticize the Bush tax breaks for adding to the deficit, but when Obama offers tax breaks for infrastructure then all of a sudden they are a good thing.

And do you not see that not all tax breaks are not the same? Seriously?

Letting the tax breaks for the wealthiest individuals expire is a big difference from giving tax breaks to business who can only get those breaks by investing back in to the economy of our country. One is a tax break for individuals who can choose to do what they want with the money, the other is for business who only get the break if they actually invest in growing their business and stimulate our economy.

So we have the "possibility" of investing in our economy with one tax break vs. the guarantee.

Letting the tax breaks for the wealthiest individuals

the problem is those tax cuts are not just for wealthy individuals. Many s class and sole proprietor businesses will also be effected.

You are perpetuating a Liberal lie when you claim they were tax breaks for wealthy individuals only.

Over $2T of the Bush tax cuts were for the middle and working classes. $600B were for The Rich - who also include 20% of the most successful small businesses and close to half of all private sector jobs.

Oh.The.Horror.

Letting the tax breaks for the wealthiest individuals expire is a big difference from giving tax breaks to business who can only get those breaks by investing back in to the economy of our country. One is a tax break for individuals who can choose to do what they want with the money, the other is for business who only get the break if they actually invest in growing their business and stimulate our economy.

So we have the "possibility" of investing in our economy with one tax break vs. the guarantee.

The problem is that you and the left keep referring to the tax breaks as being for "individuals", when a good portion go to small businesses that hire and insure your fellow Americans. How do you justify making these small businesses pay more in taxes letting the "Bush" tax breaks expire, while large union member infrastructure companies get tax breaks from Obama and the Dems?(1)

Again, I ask, do you not see that as hypocritical?

(1)Sounds like the name of a bad bar band playing at Pop's in Sauget IL, doesn't it? Of course, "Bush and the Reps" would be equally bad.

Were wasting our time, Anyone still referring to them as "tax breaks for wealthy individuals" is clearly a partisan hack that will never admit the truth.

Obama tax breaks...good.

Hypocrites.

I'd like to point out that YOU have pointed things out by making shit up. Most here are asking more about what the tax cuts really are and saying it sounds good. YOU are trying as hard as YOU can to find SOMETHING to bitch about.

The wealthiest individuals are the ones that invest in our economy and actually make a difference man. You guys speak in circles and act as if we are seeing it for something it is not. Step back and take a peeksy.... These tax cuts will wind up being more for the rich than even Bush's tax cuts were. With Obama's tax incentives, middle class will not see a tax cut at all, under Bush's we did.

Well it is certainly a better idea than more inefficient Federal spending on roads, rails, and runways.

So question... These are "tax Credits" and will not be around the following year correct? Meaning that it might have some positive affect today but the following year people will have to have plan on not having that break and tightening their belts, correct?

Also, these “tax credits” are instantly added to the deficit right? So unless people turn around and invest despite the trashy economy we stand to lose big, again? Or am I missing something.

I’m not looking for something bad, it’s more that I don’t like “tax credits” because they cost money and usually have long term side effects that cripple us. Tax Cuts you can count on. So in this case would tax cuts not be much much better? Free to the Government as they don’t have to tax people first, or barrow… then spend?

Or do I have it wrong? It seems like we are playing that Obama game of saying tax credits/cuts back and forth as if they mean the same thing, when they don’t.

OK, I figured it out!

Bush tax cuts = bad

Obama tax cuts = good

Rat in the Hat! Thanks!

It's all so simple now!

Bush= bad
Obama = good

Bush tax cuts = bad
Obama tax cuts = good

Bush Ham sandwich = bad
Obama ham sandwich = good

Bush vacation = bad