Obama Asks For $200 billion Tax Breaks For Business Capital Investment

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Obama Asks For $200 billion Tax Breaks For Business Capital Investment

What will/does the party of "No we can't!" say about this? :eusa_whistle:

President Obama this week will call for tax incentives that would allow businesses to write off 100% of new capital investment through 2011 — moves that the White House says could save businesses $200 billion over two years. - Obama economic plan: President seeks massive tax break for business - latimes.com

Let's pick which response we'll see from the right wing extremists on this board

1) Spin this in to a negative
2) Give Obama credit for doing something good
3) Ignore this thread

Just what are the details? Please be specific, does big businsess benefit from this, also? Who pays for it, and where does the money come from?

Please don't just throw out a small paragraph and want to have the right respond to it with a thumbs up/down.

Just what are the details? Please be specific, does big businsess benefit from this, also? Who pays for it, and where does the money come from?

Please don't just throw out a small paragraph and want to have the right respond to it with a thumbs up/down.

It's paid for the same way the the Bush cuts were. Future growth!!! If it was good enough for W, right? Don't go on a deficit rant. Remember, "deficits don't matter".

Dick Cheney on Budget & Economy

The proposal amounts to an acceleration of business tax cuts over two years, the White House said. Most of the money would be recouped by the U.S. Treasury over time as the economy strengthens, so the total cost to taxpayers over 10 years would be $30 billion, according to the Obama administration.

This dun even make sense. We need a better article.

It's paid for the same way the the Bush cuts were. Future growth!!! If it was good enough for W, right? Don't go on a deficit rant. Remember, "deficits don't matter".

Dick Cheney on Budget & Economy

Oh....Bush again, huh? He did a fuck up so barry gets to do a fuck up.....that's your answer? I was no Bush fan, and I'm certainly not a barry fan.

I just don't get when Bush was doing it the left was screaming their bloody heads off, and now barry does it and it's okay. Times have changed, I guess

The proposal amounts to an acceleration of business tax cuts over two years, the White House said. Most of the money would be recouped by the U.S. Treasury over time as the economy strengthens, so the total cost to taxpayers over 10 years would be $30 billion, according to the Obama administration.

What they're saying is that within 10 years $170B of the $200B will be re-couped in taxes from increased wages and profits.

If Congress passes the administration's proposal to expand the tax breaks to 100 percent, several million people and 1.5 million businesses would benefit, said the administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the formal announcement has not been made.

The official estimated the ultimate cost to taxpayers over 10 years would be $30 billion, with most of the money lost in tax revenue being recouped as the economy strengthens.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Official: Obama to back tax breaks for new business investments | Washington Examiner

What they're saying is that within 10 years $170B of the $200B will be re-couped in taxes from increased wages and profits.

Americans are hit with a 30 billion increase in taxes, and that would be with the best scenario......I see

Americans are hit with a 30 billion increase in taxes, and that would be with the best scenario......I see

but at least This stimulus will be 85% effective in, you know, providing stimulus.

i am still trying to decide if this is a good thing, and more importantly if it offers an opportunity for me.

Tax credits on the one hand combined with much higher taxes and regulatory compliance costs on the other are a con game. Businesses won't be fooled by this. The ones to benefit will be the ones who would have purchased the equipment anyway. Ones that are holding off due to lack of growth opportunites won't.

I doubt it. :cool:

I will tell you what I do see....I see tax and spend.....again. I see this as no more than a political ploy for the November elections. I don't see this passing as a lot of democrats are not on board with this. I see that maybe something like this should have been tried a lot earlier than it has if barry was really sincere. Instead, he was more focused on his job killing policies than seeing that Americans got back to work. That's what I see, Konrdv.

but at least This stimulus will be 85% effective in, you know, providing stimulus.

i am still trying to decide if this is a good thing, and more importantly if it offers an opportunity for me.

Have you ever seen the federal government 85% effective? I haven't.

I will tell you what I do see....I see tax and spend.....again. I see this as no more than a political ploy...

For a supporter of the Party of No, a supporter of the "No we can't" Chorus, to have the balls to say something is a political ploy meant to win an election, is too friggin' funny.

:lol:

we haven't been asleep for 2 years. http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-bush-and-the-gop-for-the-financial-mess.html

I will tell you what I do see....I see tax and spend.....again. I see this as no more than a political ploy...

For a supporter of the Party of No, a supporter of the "No we can't" Chorus, to have the balls to say something is a political ploy meant to win an election, is too friggin' funny.

:lol:

we haven't been asleep for 2 years. http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-bush-and-the-gop-for-the-financial-mess.html

Your a buffoon, DevNel. The republican party HAS been against the barry policies throughout his tenure as president. Most Americans have been against his policies as the polls show. Barry has not been for businesses since his tenure as president. Now he knows he is getting his party's asses whooped in the upcoming election. NOW, he wants to look like he is concerned with this tax and spend bill. He is disengenuous, he knows it won't pass even with his party. Of course, this goes right over that wingnut brain of yours. Not surprising, I might add. :lol:

Forum List

Back