Obama approves of same sex marriage

So Obama's 12 year old daughter advised Obama on same sex marriage? That was in his speech?

Wouldn't you rather watch or read it for yourself than have somebody give you their slanted perception of it?

I was wanting feedback, everyone's perception is slanted, that is called bias, and being on this board I get all different slants. I am curious why it was okay for his daughter to help form his opinion, yet, Romney should not consult his wife. I am also curious why Obama quoted the Bible in his speech.

But shouldn't you have your own perceptions from having seen it yourself?

I do, I also am allowed to ask others, you don't have to give me your perceptions, and I think you know my perceptions by the way I framed the questions, but maybe I was over rating people's intelligence, sorry I over rated you.

I don't know only you'd if you had pms, if you do, I hope it gets better and I didn't realize if effected you IQ.

So Obama's 12 year old daughter advised Obama on same sex marriage? That was in his speech?

Wouldn't you rather watch or read it for yourself than have somebody give you their slanted perception of it?

I was wanting feedback, everyone's perception is slanted, that is called bias, and being on this board I get all different slants. I am curious why it was okay for his daughter to help form his opinion, yet, Romney should not consult his wife. I am also curious why Obama quoted the Bible in his speech.

What's wrong with President Obama having a discussion with his daughters about the subject? Despite what he said, I'm certain he did not let his daughters dictate his postion on the subject. He was including them in his life. I give him kudos for doing so.

Just because he is President doesn't mean he should not sit down with his daughters and have heart to heart chats.

In the same vane, I've no problem with Romney speaking and admitting that he has discussed issues with his wife.

Immie

Obama tells Robin Roberts of ABC.

I could tell in 2008 that Obama's position on gay marriage was a calculated one. Of course he's ok with gays getting married and sharing healthinsurance and getting tax breaks and adopting kids. He's a liberal, remember?

They don't need to get married in your Catholic or Mormon church. :eusa_pray:

The same thing that happened to the rights of the guy who thinks burning his garbage in the middle of town is a good idea. Or the gal who thinks she has the 'right' to drive while texting.

The rights I'm advocating are the rights of sober, law abiding American citizens of the age of majority to enter a legally binding contract of marriage with the man or woman of his choosing. You're exploiting the word 'rights' to mean absolute freedom.

Americans have the right to equal justice and equal protection under the law. Americans do not have the absolute freedom to act as they please. No one has the right to shout FIRE! in a theater, yet all americans have the right to free speech.

No what you're doing is hitting the civil right flavor of the month. You're on the gay band wagon because it's the in thing to do. You aren't for protecting anyone's rights if your were you would also defend the abnormal right of someone who wants to have sex with animals. I for defending rights but not those of abnormal people.
And there's the kernel of truth we all suspect: you want to deny people rights because you see them as "abnormal". Fortunately adults with open minds, broader world views and deeper understanding of human nature are now calling for the abolition of this blatant and poorly conceived bigotry.

One of the commentaries I heard this weekend served up the topic very well and it is 100% factual.

Nobody believes in the gay marriage one day then reverses course after some realization about being wrong. Not one person that anyone has heard of has done this. Meanwhile acceptance going in the other direction is picking up steam. About 12% of the states allow it now; youth acceptance is well on it's way to being the norm, etc... It will be looked at in a few decades the same way my generation looked at the actions of our parents toward blacks and had to ask, "What the hell were you thinking?".:cuckoo:

Not only is the societal evolution on this topic well afoot, the statistical evidence further drives nails into the conserve-hate-ive's coffins; in those 6 states that allow gay marriage; heterosexual marriages are not on the decline, populations are not decreasing significantly, etc... And there is no cultural desert being established. So the hysteria bout traditions and decency is also a non starter that only the ignorant are voicing.

The conserve-hate-ives are clearly on the wrong side of history on this topic. And they seem to know it which is why there are so many threads about it, such mean-spirited debate, rough language, etc...

Obama approves of same sex marriage
....And, more "conservatives" are.....​

"Mr. Blankenhorn, who was raised in the South and attended Harvard, had long stood out among opponents of same-sex marriage because he did not invoke a biblical or religious justification and did not oppose civil unions for gay men and lesbians. Instead, he argued that marriage was society’s most important institution and had in recent decades come under attack, and that same-sex marriage was only adding to its decline.

He said that he had long hoped the debate over same-sex marriage would center on parenthood, not private relationships, but that in the public’s mind today the issue was simply about equality for gay men and lesbians — in other words, civil rights.

“And to my deep regret,” he wrote, “much of the opposition to gay marriage seems to stem, at least in part, from an underlying antigay animus. To me, a Southerner by birth whose formative moral experience was the civil rights movement, this fact is profoundly disturbing.”

Forum List

Back