Obama approves of same sex marriage

obama knew full well that he wasn't fooling anyone with this evolving crap. He was afraid, pushed into a corner he could not possibly take a chance on pissing off what little base he has left. Everyone pretty much knew that he supported same sex marriage anyway.

The battleground states where the two are dead even are Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. In the last 24 hours, two of those states passed laws prohibiting same sex marriage. Ohio has banned same sex marriage. Iowa had same sex marriage imposed on them, then removed the judges who imposed it by voting them out of office. Nevada has a ban, so does Pennsylvania. New Mexico doesn't even allow same sex domestic partnerships.

obama's new evolution has the potential to tip the balance in those battleground states from dead even to loser.

Now, AFTER obama gave his interview, he did try to backtrack and issue a supplemental statement saying that it should be subject to the states. Not enough. Everyone heard what he said.

The hell you say?....Little Lord Obammyroy throwing a bone to a favored political pressure group in an election year??

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you!

casablanca.jpg

You honestly, with all the rigid fundies posting right here at this very board, can't see what it is likely to cost him?
I'm not a fundie, you fool...I'm against the state being involved in marriage in any case.Your Boiking has done a 180° from three years ago, and you can't even pick your shamelessly biased tongue up off the ground long enough to be appalled at the blatant pander job being put over on your gullible ass.
That's a weak argument and you ought to know better. The reason the state is involved in marriage is MARRIAGE IS A CONTRACT and, as such, bears legal obligations for the parties involved. That's specifically why there are divorce courts in the various states.

Okay. But if you're claiming it's dishonest because it was a cave to pressure - then why did he have the exact opposite stance the last election if it was simply for votes? That is contrary to logic. I asked for an honest answer, all I heard was "derp derp derp."
Because he's fucking dishonest little punk....It's no more complicated than that.

That's not a logical answer.

You've given no motive for said dishonesty.

If it's for political means - then you'd have to explain that because he's done just the opposite in the very last Election; thus, that would make no sense unless a great deal of Gay-rights issue voters suddenly changed their position in 3 years to suddenly make the opposite stance a better one now.
Because he didn't *need* gays last time around.

It's the shit end of the stick the left has handed to gays for decades....But now that he comes out in favor of something that he himself said wasn't even a federal issue, the leftists fainting in the aisles returns!

This is the kind of issue that galvanizes people to get out and vote. Because this was on the ballot in North Carolina, the turnout was huge and the bill banning same sex marriage passed with 61% of the vote. North Carolina is (or was up to this point) a must win battleground state for obama, as Colorado is (or was) a battleground state. Colorado banned so much as civil unions.

This is just the kind of issue that is going to get people to the polls. There are conservatives on the fence about Romney, they won't be after today.

Y'all might want to brace yourselves for a similar endorsement by Romney.

Oh, I didn't even think what impact it would have on his campaign. But since he's pandering to off-the-cliff rights, I don't see it happening.

It won't happen today. But I do expect Romney to start "evolving" now. It will be particulary difficult for him to do as a Mormon, though.

Up to now, the opposition to gay marriage has come from the Left and the Right, although it has generally been perceived as more opposed from the Right. But blacks are also overwhelmingly opposed.

Obama has just turned bi-partisan opposition into two distinct poles. Now the GOP is going to go down as always having been the sole opponent, and on the wrong side of history.

Last edited:
obama knew full well that he wasn't fooling anyone with this evolving crap. He was afraid, pushed into a corner he could not possibly take a chance on pissing off what little base he has left.

He has just alienated the black vote by taking this position.

My sister is gay, so yes. This is personal.

Where was your sorry lard ass when the democrats were picking on Cheney for having a gay daughter? hus asswipe?

When did she come out?

When did I arrive here?

Basic math is not your friend, I see.

I wasn't even politically active until 2007.

And I have ALWAYS been a supporter of GLAAD.

we've heard that "I was just a baby" bullshit before..We you aware of the debates and election of obama or were you knot?

Because he's fucking dishonest little punk....It's no more complicated than that.

That's not a logical answer.

You've given no motive for said dishonesty.

If it's for political means - then you'd have to explain that because he's done just the opposite in the very last Election; thus, that would make no sense unless a great deal of Gay-rights issue voters suddenly changed their position in 3 years to suddenly make the opposite stance a better one now.
Because he didn't *need* gays last time around.

It's the shit end of the stick the left has handed to gays for decades....But now that he comes out in favor of something that he himself said wasn't even a federal issue, the leftists fainting in the aisles returns!

You make no sense.

Why would people in support of gay marriage not be happy about this? Because dickish people like you are going to claim theyre fainting for Obama? I dont think so. I think it's a victory for anyone who supports gay marriage, in spite of feelings towards Obama. The jadedness is yours.

Partisan hacks forget - people live outside this vile and putrid world of partisan politics. There ARE many young children out there who look up to their Presidents as role models.

A US President's endorsement of Gay marriage is progress for our Country, and children will be adults one day and move society further towards progress on this issue.

Like it - or not.

Romney is not going to say anything. He's going to let it simmer on its own and still hammering away at the economy and the mess obama made of foreign policy.

What it has done is start the money machine rolling cash into Romney. That started immediately.

You honestly, with all the rigid fundies posting right here at this very board, can't see what it is likely to cost him?
I'm not a fundie, you fool...I'm against the state being involved in marriage in any case.Your Boiking has done a 180° from three years ago, and you can't even pick your shamelessly biased tongue up off the ground long enough to be appalled at the blatant pander job being put over on your gullible ass.
That's a weak argument and you ought to know better. The reason the state is involved in marriage is MARRIAGE IS A CONTRACT and, as such, bears legal obligations for the parties involved. That's specifically why there are divorce courts in the various states.
Nobody who draws up a common law marriage contract needs a state license...This is a fact.

A marriage license basically makes the state an interested third party to a marriage, licensing the action in lieu of a common law contract.

I've studied this topic a lot deeper than you have...Don't think you can outflank me with any spurious crap about contracts.

Sure it is. If he's pandering now, why didn't he pander then.

I'll rewrite it in "herpaderp," if that's your primary language.

He really didn't have to pander in '08. He was a sure thing before....now he knows he's not.
It's the same old "who are they going to vote for, a republican?" bullshit that gays have been treated to for decades...Now that Boiking is in seriously deep shit electorally, he suddenly gets an epiphany and all the zombies burst to their feet in raucous cheering.

Whatta joke! :lol:
Right. Because, in your mind, 1) gays are stupid and 2) gays determine elections.

:lol:

Y'all might want to brace yourselves for a similar endorsement by Romney.

Oh, I didn't even think what impact it would have on his campaign. But since he's pandering to off-the-cliff rights, I don't see it happening.

It won't happen today. But I do expect Romney to start "evolving" now. It will be particulary difficult for him to do as a Mormon, though.

Up to now, the opposition to gay marriage has come from the Left and the Right, although it has generally been perceived as more opposed from the Right. But blacks are also overwhelmingly opposed.

Obama has just turned bi-partisan opposition into two distinct poles. Now the GOP is going to go down as always having been the sole opponent, and on the wrong side of history.
The media will paste Romney as a flip flopper. :eusa_whistle:

Where was your sorry lard ass when the democrats were picking on Cheney for having a gay daughter? hus asswipe?

When did she come out?

When did I arrive here?

Basic math is not your friend, I see.

I wasn't even politically active until 2007.

And I have ALWAYS been a supporter of GLAAD.

we've heard that "I was just a baby" bullshit before..We you aware of the debates and election of obama or were you knot?

As I told my daughter - I don't speak gibberish. Try posting in English.

I have nothing but respect for the man. Talk about being true to your convictions. He made this announcement in an election year, six months before we vote. Knowing what it could cost him. NOTHING but admiration and respect, Mr. President. Thank you.

In political terms this is called pandering to your base.
wow....you must be a Poli-Sci Major.

handjob.gif

Forum List

Back