Obama approves 13,000 more troops to Afghanistan

Ya...that's why we are leaving Iraq in a few months...because of Bush's woefully flawed Surge that broke the back of the insurgency and decimated Al Qaeda in Iraq....woefully flawed...:lol:

no one has won a war in Afghanistan since Alexander the Great.

The soviets were there for 10 years...

and even he didn't really win anything either....but we are there and I think we should definately have a strategy....just not one put forth by a bunch of politcians in a comfy room under the WH while eating Dominos Pizza.

Warriors are like that special tool you keep locked up in the tool shed. You take it out, look at it, admire it, oil it and then put it away until the day you need it. After you take it out and put it to use, it's best if you leave it alone and let it do it's job instead of fiddling around with it. It may take off your fingers if you don't know what your doing.

and interestingly, i think had bush actually listened to his military BEFORE he got us into these two messes, then I doubt we'd have focused on Iraq. We'd have focused on Afghanistan from day one... and maybe actually found bin laden. instead we went on some bizarre mission to someplace that never attacked us and wasn't a threat to us.

that being said. yes, we're in Afghanistan. And I'm all for making an honorable exit.... but just staying there for the sake of staying there misuses the people who actually put themselves on the line.

I'm torn on this.

On one hand, they definitely do need more troops.

On the other hand, 13k is a little anemic, especially considering they're all rear-line support units. If I recall, we need more grunts on the front lines, to push the Taliban back.

Can't do that with MPs.

I'm torn on this.

On one hand, they definitely do need more troops.

On the other hand, 13k is a little anemic, especially considering they're all rear-line support units. If I recall, we need more grunts on the front lines, to push the Taliban back.

Can't do that with MPs.

I think they've made a decision to try to co-exist with the Taliban since they're now too entrenched in Afghani society for us to deal with effectively. (who knows, 7 years ago might have been different). They're focusing their efforts on Al Queda.

O-B-A-M-A How many Afghanis did you kill today?

hey hey ho ho Obama's got to go!

Obama is not healthy for Children and other living things

By sending the 140 thousand troops the general originally intended to ask for. The admin told him he'd never get it, and to ask for fewer than 50,000. So he asks for 40 thousand and they send him 11.

Kiss those boys goodbye, Barry has given them a death sentence.

toon_obama_taking_fire.jpg

Are exit strategies important anymore ?

No, it's all about nation building now. Can't seem to find where it says we should be doing that in the constitution though... :eusa_eh:

Agreed.

The way the war was fought was flawed from the start. The only thing we should had done was nuke them from pillar to post.

The only exit strategy we should of had was refueling our bombers on the way home.

Forum List

Back