Obama approval remains in the toilet, so low that Romney would beat em now

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
Telling.....

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's approval ratings have sunk to the lowest level of his presidency, so low that he'd lose the White House to Republican Mitt Romney if the election were held today, according to a new McClatchy-Marist poll.

The biggest reason for Obama's fall: a sharp drop in approval among Democrats and liberals, apparently unhappy with his moves toward the center since he led the party to landslide losses in November's midterm elections. At the same time, he's gained nothing among independents.

"He's having the worst of both worlds right now," said Lee Miringoff, the director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion at Marist College in New York, which conducted the national survey.

"As he moves to the center, he's not picking up support among independents and he's having some fall-off among his base. If his strategy is to gain independents and keep the Democrats in tow, it isn't working so far."

The poll was taken from Dec. 2 through Wednesday, as the president proposed a two-year freeze on federal civilian workers' pay and cut a deal with congressional Republicans to extend expiring tax cuts — even those for the wealthy, which he'd opposed.

Overall, just 42 percent of registered voters approve of how he's doing his job, while 50 percent disapprove.

Obama's standing among Democrats dropped from a month ago, with his approval rating falling to 74 percent from 83 percent, and his disapproval rating almost doubling, from 11 percent to 21 percent.

Among liberals, his approval rating dropped from 78 percent to 69 percent and his disapproval rating jumped from 14 percent to 22 percent.

His position among independents remained virtually the same, with 39 percent approving and 52 percent disapproving. A month ago, it was 38-54.

The president's continued failure to rally independents could ruin his bid for re-election. A hypothetical 2012 matchup showed him getting the support of 44 percent of registered voters and Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, getting 46 percent.

Poll: Obama's losing support; Romney would beat him now | McClatchy

Just shows Dems are pissed off with him caving to the Republicans

maybe he will learn his lesson

OL'BO's numbers don't mean anything right now. Hell. He's still got 2 years to turn things around.

If the Reps starts real cuts in spending and get the ecoomy turned around then Barry Boy will get the credit.

If all this happens then he could probably win re-election.

maybe but you wingnuts won't give romney the nomination.

non-issue.

what were reagan's and clinton's numbers like at this point in their presidencies?

Sweetie, how much more evidence do you need before you wake up and realize you're waaaaay outta the mainstream?

i'm not your sweetie and you don't know me. thanks.

and it's clear to most normal people that he won with 365 electoral votes.

any more rightwingnuttery you care to spew?

so far, in your limited time here, you haven't been very impressive. at least try.

Romney has a shot. Probably moreso then any Republican out there.

But not if he pulled what he pulled in the last election.

maybe but you wingnuts won't give romney the nomination.

non-issue.

what were reagan's and clinton's numbers like at this point in their presidencies?

Sweetie, how much more evidence do you need before you wake up and realize you're waaaaay outta the mainstream?

so far, in your limited time here, you haven't been very impressive. at least try.

Ah, still stuck in 2008 I see? Makes sense, it's obvious you people are becoming an increasingly small, oblivious minority, so yall are barricading yourselves in the past.

Continue that marginalization by clinging to his election on racism, white guilt, and out and out lies, 3 things that were probably your only reasons for voting for him.:lol:

All those posts, and still apparently clueless, sad......

Ah, still stuck in 2008 I see? Makes sense, it's obvious you people are becoming an increasingly small, oblivious minority, so yall are barricading yourselves in the past.

Continue that marginalization by clinging to his election on racism, white guilt, and out and out lies, 3 things that were probably your only reasons for voting for him.:lol:

.... says a hack who spews nothing but rightwingnut talking points that he thinks pass for "debate".

try engaging some type of thought process.

Romney has a shot. Probably moreso then any Republican out there.

But not if he pulled what he pulled in the last election.

IF he got through the primaries he WOULD have a shot. But they won't let him get past the primaries... you have the tweeting twit out there who wants it.

Romneycare is one thing that would ever prevent him from getting the R nomination.... not that he is Mormon or whatever else

Romney would seem to be the logical choice if he runs in 2012. He's somewhat Conservative with real-life experience in running businesses. Pretty much exactly what we need at this point. This President never had any real-life experience in running a business and has surrounded himself with career Banker Bureaucrats who don't know anything about running businesses either. They made their fortunes off fucking good people over. A Conservative with real-life business experience would certainly get my vote in 2012.

.... says a hack who spews nothing but rightwingnut talking points that he thinks pass for "debate".

try engaging some type of thought process.

Annnnd the lefty results to her typical petty insults, and smoke and mirrors. Your S.O.P. fails you.

Next!

Ah, no shortage of Global Warming in leftydom.

And after watching Axelrod yesterday all over the tube trying to mend fences with Dimocrats I'd be interested in polling them all again. The Axeman was very lame and if I was a pissed off Dim before I'd be even more so now after that inept roadshow.

Wee need a real Conservative with real-life business experience. Creating jobs means you have to know something about running a business and have actually created jobs. The biggest problem with this Administration is that they have very few in it who have any real-life experience in running businesses and creating jobs. While Romney is not Conservative enough for me,he does seem to be more equipped to the job we need done at this point. If he runs against this current President,he will get my vote.

Forum List

Back