Obama Approval Rating hits 50%

it should have said that business income and business expenses are not the same thing as the income that the owners take home.

personal income that an individual takes home, is not the same thing as the revenues that a business generates.

yup your great grandparents, im sure you worked there your whole life, did their accounting and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well.......

I worked there, restocking shelves, at a very young age. Didn't get paid for it.
It was just to help them out. They were older folks, and were the only two "official" employees at the store.

And no -- they didn't make $250,000 a year.
In today's numbers, they were lucky to clear $50 to $60k per year. But both had been through the depression, and knew how to "save a penny" and conserve. The store opened in the late 40's, closed in 1980.

They lived in a 3-room apartment in the back of the store. Living room, bedroom and kitchen, with what would commonly be referred to these days as a "guest bath" for their bathroom.

it should have said that business income and business expenses are not the same thing as the income that the owners take home.

personal income that an individual takes home, is not the same thing as the revenues that a business generates.

yup your great grandparents, im sure you worked there your whole life, did their accounting and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well.......

I worked there, restocking shelves, at a very young age. Didn't get paid for it.
It was just to help them out. They were older folks, and were the only two "official" employees at the store.

In today's numbers, they were lucky to clear $50 to $60k per year. But both had been through the depression, and knew how to "save a penny" and conserve. The store opened in the late 40's, closed in 1980.

They lived in a 3-room apartment in the back of the store. Living room, bedroom and kitchen, with what would commonly be referred to these days as a "guest bath" for their bathroom.

exactly my point, im sure they had revenues well over $250k which is typical of a small business, although their take home income was nowhere near that. hence if taxes had been raised on those making over $250k, they would not have been affected.

exactly my point, im sure they had revenues well over $250k which is typical of a small business, although their take home income was nowhere near that. hence if taxes had been raised on those making over $250k, they would not have been affected.

Lying through your teeth to suit your agenda isn't going to work with me.
Nice try though. :cool:

They had two...yes, two...aisles of shelves, a cooler for produce, ice creme, pop and beer.
At the back counter was a small meat dept. ("Small" meaning, my gr. grandpa was the butcher, and no one helped him.)

Inflating their income to suit your fantasy is cute....But, you're as transparent as scotch tape.

Yup. he wanted tax cuts for everyone up to 250k.

Because you are an idiot:

Jillian said he got what he wanted... I said he wanted "tax cuts for the rich" - in quotes, because that was the rally cry fr the Democratics prior to 0bama caving to the R's...

IOW, he didn't GET what he WANTED as it relates to extending the Bush tax cuts... He DIDN't want the cuts extended everyone over 250k...

You, agreed that he got what he wanted, which is in error...

Now go back to watching Dora the Explorer...

LOL, Obama wanted Tax cuts for everyone on the first 250k of salary. He got that. That's all I stated. I never said he got everything he wanted. You didn't understand that. Don't blame me.

No, idiot... he wanted the cuts stopped for over 250k...

What an asshole you are.... Cream of the fucking crop.... Kudos on that....:clap2:

Lying through your teeth to suit your agenda isn't going to work with me.
Nice try though. :cool:

They had two...yes, two...aisles of shelves, a cooler for produce, ice creme, pop and beer.
At the back counter was a small meat dept. ("Small" meaning, my gr. grandpa was the butcher, and no one helped him.)

Inflating their income to suit your fantasy is cute....But, you're as transparent as scotch tape.

inflating what income? you said they didnt make over $250k annually, they made approx. $50-60k. how again is this over $250k?

Jillian said he got what he wanted... I said he wanted "tax cuts for the rich" - in quotes, because that was the rally cry fr the Democratics prior to 0bama caving to the R's...

IOW, he didn't GET what he WANTED as it relates to extending the Bush tax cuts... He DIDN't want the cuts extended everyone over 250k...

LOL, Obama wanted Tax cuts for everyone on the first 250k of salary. He got that. That's all I stated. I never said he got everything he wanted. You didn't understand that. Don't blame me.

What an asshole you are.... Cream of the fucking crop.... Kudos on that....:clap2:

you two can play this tax cuts vs. no tax cuts all day. Obama wanted taxes on the top 2% of earners to revert to the levels from the 90's, while letting the middle and lower classes maintain the current tax cuts. he had to compromise and extend the cuts for all in order to get an extension of unemployment benefits.

the GOP thought it was more important to let the top 2% keep more of their money instead of helping out the long term unemployed. Obama didnt think letting the middle and lower classes struggle was the right thing to do, so he crafted this compromise.

What an asshole you are.... Cream of the fucking crop.... Kudos on that....DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

you two can play this tax cuts vs. no tax cuts all day. Obama wanted taxes on the top 2% of earners to revert to the levels from the 90's, while letting the middle and lower classes maintain the current tax cuts. he had to compromise and extend the cuts for all in order to get an extension of unemployment benefits.

the GOP thought it was more important to let the top 2% keep more of their money instead of helping out the long term unemployed. Obama didnt think letting the middle and lower classes struggle was the right thing to do, so he crafted this compromise.

:clap2: Thank you for a clear, concise, and objective comment.

Is this a joke? Or maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. When did I say he wanted the cuts extended over 250k?

Do you understand how these tax cuts work? You know everyone gets the same cuts on whatever salary they earn up to 250k, right? Soooo, even if you make 800k, you still get the same tax cuts on your first 250k of salary that someone making 250k would get. THAT and only that is the point I was making. Do you not understand how taxes work?

yes, he caved... That's what I said - he DIDN'T get what he wanted...

Nice spin...

How long should the rest of America support people who have no intention of looking for work as long as they keep extending unemployment benefits?

2 years? 3 years? 4 years? Indefinitely?

Is this a joke? Or maybe you don't understand what I'm saying. When did I say he wanted the cuts extended over 250k?

Do you understand how these tax cuts work? You know everyone gets the same cuts on whatever salary they earn up to 250k, right? Soooo, even if you make 800k, you still get the same tax cuts on your first 250k of salary that someone making 250k would get. THAT and only that is the point I was making. Do you not understand how taxes work?

Your "point" was irrelevant to the comment I made to Jillian...

Go be purposefully stupid somewhere else...

l8r

inflating what income? you said they didnt make over $250k annually, they made approx. $50-60k. how again is this over $250k?

You said:

I said:

You said:
im sure they had revenues well over $250k which is typical of a small business

You'll note you changed your tune in the last quote.
You started with:
and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well
And changed it to:

You've insisted they either had an "salary" or "revenues" of $250k. I've given you the info regarding the size of the store, how much they would've made in today's dollars and the time-frame the store was open. Yet you still insist on using the $250,000 to suit your agenda.

That tells me much about your character.

My gr. grand-parents weren't "rich".
It may help the liberal agenda to believe they were, but they weren't.
Just because they owned their own business, that doesn't mean they owed the government, or anyone else, anything.

No one is entitled to what other people earn, on their own, legally, under their own power.

l8r

Ahhhh, I'll take that as "I'm sorry". You called me multiple names for no reason at all. At least I was able to educate you a little bit. You're welcome.

l8r

Ahhhh, I'll take that as "I'm sorry". You called me multiple names for no reason at all. At least I was able to educate you a little bit. You're welcome.

I'll take the neg rep as your frustration to being incorrect and not knowing what else to do. :clap2:

You said:

I said:
You said:

You started with:
and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well
And changed it to:

You've insisted they either had an "salary" or "revenues" of $250k. I've given you the info regarding the size of the store, how much they would've made in today's dollars and the time-frame the store was open. Yet you still insist on using the $250,000 to suit your agenda.

Just because they owned their own business, that doesn't mean they owed the government, or anyone else, anything.

No one is entitled to what other people earn, on their own, legally, under their own power.

yup your great grandparents, im sure you worked there your whole life, did their accounting and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well....... = saracam!
you really need to be able to detect sarcasm man.

this started off by someone making the claim that all small business owners make over $250K. i proved that this was simply not true. Most small business owners made between $38k and $97k annually. this goes directly to the idea that when Obama wanted to raise taxes on those making over $250k annually, small business would be hampered. well if the majority of small business owners are making less than $100k annually, how does a tax increase on those making over $250k affect them? everyone has to pay taxes of some sort. Obama wanted to raise the income tax on those making over $250k. This would affect only about 2% of all wage earners.

just like your great grandparents....if they still had their business in this economy and Obama raised taxes, they would not have been affected. does this make sense?

in terms of salary and revenue, these are two totally separate things. like i said, im sure their business had over $250k in revenues. meaning that the products that they sold over an entire year amounted to more than $250k. but.... the actual salary they took home as income was not over $250k, hence they would not have been affected by any tax increase that Obama proposed.

im not sure what you are arguing about now.....

Last edited:

You said:

I said:
You said:

You started with:

And changed it to:

im not sure what you are arguing about now.....

They just argue to argue.

l8r

Why do you continue to be wrong? Is it like some sort of thrill to see how often you can be wrong in one day?

l8r

I'll take the neg rep as your frustration to being incorrect and not knowing what else to do. :clap2:

No, I always neg those being stupid for stupid's sake...

Stop whining....

l8r

Why do you continue to be wrong? Is it like some sort of thrill to see how often you can be wrong in one day?

What was I wrong about again? :eusa_liar:

What was I wrong about again? :eusa_liar:

I'll take that as your surrender...

Thanks for playing...

Johnny has some lovely parting gits for you...

Forum List

Back