Obama Approval Rating hits 50%

Looks like I gotta post another lefty poll pwning thread...............................

uh oh another (R)etard thinking using the words troll and pwn is gonna get him laid......
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and Obama is still more popular than Reagan at this point

Obama - 1
Reagan - 0

If the numbers move as positively for the Big 0 as they did for the Gipper, I'll be a fan.

There is a Golden opportunity for the Big 0 to be a good President which I'm pretty sure he'll step on. With a Conservative Congress, he could be in almost the same position as Clinton. "Almost" because Clinton's health care did not pass and the Big 0's did.

With that albatross around his neck, he's in big trouble. Also, Clinton did not have the problem with the debt that the Big 0 is saddled with.

W ran up the tab by about 5.5 Trillion. Not to be outdone, the Big 0 has tapped us for another 3.5 Trillion in only 2 years. In this sense, he's a savant. The real point of this, though, is that W was a free spending Liberal and the Big 0 makes him look like a tight wad.

If you believe that Bush was doing it exactly backwards, then you should be twice as ardently oppposed to the Big 0.

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010

Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2010
Includes legal tender notes, gold and silver certificates, etc.

The first fiscal year for the U.S. Government started Jan. 1, 1789. Congress changed the beginning of the fiscal year from Jan. 1 to Jul. 1 in 1842, and finally from Jul. 1 to Oct. 1 in 1977 where it remains today.

To find more historical information, visit The Public Debt Historical Information archives.

Date Dollar Amount
09/30/2010 13,561,623,030,891.79
09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75
09/30/2008 10,024,724,896,912.49
09/30/2007 9,007,653,372,262.48
09/30/2006 8,506,973,899,215.23
09/30/2005 7,932,709,661,723.50
09/30/2004 7,379,052,696,330.32
09/30/2003 6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 6,228,235,965,597.16
09/30/2001 5,807,463,412,200.06
09/30/2000 5,674,178,209,886.86

At this point, unemployment was over 10% for Reagan and had been 10.8% only two or three months before.

You are completely misreading the index. Look at inflation. Reagan first had to tame double digit inflation (hence the 81-82 recession). After inflation was reduced, the tax cut benefit kicked in, and the misery index decreased substantially.

For Obama, inflation has been officially tame (although that is a crock given where commodities and food are right now). Unemployment has worsened and he has "blown his stimulus wad" with little, if any, benefit.

Poor comparison, body, on your part. Reagan had a much easier walk in the park than Obama.

they both followed a piss poor President.....but yea maybe Obamas walk is somewhat tougher.....i just wish the guy was a better leader.....as a leader he sucks....

The Bush tax cuts stayed in place for ALL Americans...

there were NO additional cuts made for the "wealthy" through 0bamma's deal...

LOL, this is obviously going right over your head. You're trying to argue a point I'm not trying to make. Just lie back down, this is obviously too much for you to handle. Maybe Dr.House can fix whats wrong with you. :confused:
Perhaps your sorry ass shouldn't have replied off-topic to to me in the first place...

Idiot...

Weird way of apologizing when you're wrong....whatever...:eusa_eh:

False comparison. At this point, Reagan's policies had the economy poised for real growth and real job creation after taming double digit inflation.

Obama has done the opposite. And now that inflation is heating up (despite the nonsense that energy and food inflation "don't count") - his misery index is going to increase even further.

The United States Misery Index By Year

At this point, unemployment was over 10% for Reagan and had been 10.8% only two or three months before.

You are completely misreading the index. Look at inflation. Reagan first had to tame double digit inflation (hence the 81-82 recession). After inflation was reduced, the tax cut benefit kicked in, and the misery index decreased substantially.

For Obama, inflation has been officially tame (although that is a crock given where commodities and food are right now). Unemployment has worsened and he has "blown his stimulus wad" with little, if any, benefit.

Reagan didn't tame anything. Carter's appointment Volcker fixed the inflation problem with monetary policy.

LOL, this is obviously going right over your head. You're trying to argue a point I'm not trying to make. Just lie back down, this is obviously too much for you to handle. Maybe Dr.House can fix whats wrong with you. :confused:
Perhaps your sorry ass shouldn't have replied off-topic to to me in the first place...

Idiot...

Weird way of apologizing when you're wrong....whatever...:eusa_eh:

Why should I apologize for my being correct?

Are you always this stupid? Never mind - we know...

Just wait until gasoline hits five bucks a gallon.Remember obama shut down oil drilling here.
He will be in the thirty percent range then.

Just wait until gasoline hits five bucks a gallon.Remember obama shut down oil drilling here.
He will be in the thirty percent range then.

That makes some sense. The media are not hitting as hard as I remember Bush's admin getting wacked for high prices.

And if Obama just steps aside and lets the Conservative/T.E.A. Party agenda go through his approval rating will skyrocket.

LOL, I guess it's a good thing Evil Obama wanted tax cuts for those people making $38k.

Keep dodging....

Why is it that liberalism CANNOT exist without telling the supposed "poor and downtrodden" that government loves and adores them, and that government will help them until they can 'get back on their feet' and provide for themselves and their families.

And yet, when those people are able to do so, that same government turns right around and says "Oh wait...Now you're rich and we can take more money from you! Thanks!"

Anyone? Anyone at all?

*crickets

What he didn't want is for additional cuts for those making over 250k, which he unfortunately caved on. What's your point exactly, that liberals consider people making $38k to be rich?
Yes, that's the point.

That, and the fact that those evil people making $250,000 and over are, in large part, small business owners. I guess it sucks to be them, huh? :cuckoo:

So you ARE claiming that 38k is rich and that they didnt just get their tax cuts extended? LOL, maybe 38k is rich to someone who considers a double wide to be "living it up".

More dodging? Geez...do you own stock in Dodge or what?

Those folks who might be making $38,000 but living in that double-wide are working their tails off to make ends meet.

The liberals in government go after them for more taxes so that those supposedly "needy" welfare abusers the left keeps down because they'd lose their base if they didn't....Can enjoy their high-priced cell phones and cell phone packages, top of the line cable, high speed internet and VoIP phone packages...All while living in a home with 1 bedroom and 10 people.

If you smoke...have a cell phone that costs over $100 bucks, along with a high-priced cell-phone package....or have cable, high speed internet and VoIP phone service....you don't deserve, nor need, ANY government assistance. Period.

Get off your ass.
Find a job. Find two jobs. Find three jobs.
But don't ask me to subsidize your liberal-government engrained mentality of entitlement.

You are NOT entitled to what I have earned.

LOL, I guess it's a good thing Evil Obama wanted tax cuts for those people making $38k.

Keep dodging....

Why is it that liberalism CANNOT exist without telling the supposed "poor and downtrodden" that government loves and adores them, and that government will help them until they can 'get back on their feet' and provide for themselves and their families.

And yet, when those people are able to do so, that same government turns right around and says "Oh wait...Now you're rich and we can take more money from you! Thanks!"

Anyone? Anyone at all?

*crickets

What he didn't want is for additional cuts for those making over 250k, which he unfortunately caved on. What's your point exactly, that liberals consider people making $38k to be rich?
Yes, that's the point.

That, and the fact that those evil people making $250,000 and over are, in large part, small business owners. I guess it sucks to be them, huh? :cuckoo:

the average small business owner takes home between $38k and $97k per year. a far cry from all the rightwingers claiming that most small business owners take home over $250k.

That's after taxes, and after they take care of expenses for the biz.
Hello????!!!!

Keep dodging....

Anyone? Anyone at all?

*crickets

Yes, that's the point.

So you ARE claiming that 38k is rich and that they didnt just get their tax cuts extended? LOL, maybe 38k is rich to someone who considers a double wide to be "living it up".

Those folks who might be making $38,000 but living in that double-wide are working their tails off to make ends meet.

The liberals in government go after them for more taxes so that those supposedly "needy" welfare abusers the left keeps down because they'd lose their base if they didn't....Can enjoy their high-priced cell phones and cell phone packages, top of the line cable, high speed internet and VoIP phone packages...All while living in a home with 1 bedroom and 10 people.

If you smoke...have a cell phone that costs over $100 bucks, along with a high-priced cell-phone package....or have cable, high speed internet and VoIP phone service....you don't deserve, nor need, ANY government assistance. Period.

Get off your ass.
But don't ask me to subsidize your liberal-government engrained mentality of entitlement.

I honestly don't know what you think I'm dodging. You obviously have an agenda you wish to address but I think it's different then what we were talking about which was that Obama wanted ALL people to get their tax breaks extended up to 250k. Not sure how this triggered your rant or how it relates to the original point.

Get off your ass.

I honestly don't know what you think I'm dodging. You obviously have an agenda you wish to address but I think it's different then what we were talking about which was that Obama wanted ALL people to get their tax breaks extended up to 250k. Not sure how this triggered your rant or how it relates to the original point.

I addressed the OP, here:

...by posting polling material by a reputable pollster with a credible record that shows obama numbers that are lower than the ones you posted.

Which you ignored. Predictably.

You then posted a response to Dr House, here:

...In which you started speaking of your perceptions of what obama wanted to do, in terms of the income level cut-offs for the tax cuts. (Which by the way, weren't cuts, they were an extension of existing rates.)

...I spoke to that point, here.

And thus we have the off-topic conversation we're engaged in now.

So - before you whine about what this has to do with the subject of the OP, perhaps review first, ay?

um... the polls went up because he got what he wanted and looked like he found some cojones. and the center got all happy because they got the continuation of tax cuts.

has nothing to do with him not being in DC.

:rolleyes:

He wanted "tax cuts for the rich"?

Yup. he wanted tax cuts for everyone up to 250k.

Because you are an idiot:

Jillian said he got what he wanted... I said he wanted "tax cuts for the rich" - in quotes, because that was the rally cry fr the Democratics prior to 0bama caving to the R's...

IOW, he didn't GET what he WANTED as it relates to extending the Bush tax cuts... He DIDN't want the cuts extended everyone over 250k...

You, agreed that he got what he wanted, which is in error...

Now go back to watching Dora the Explorer...

Keep dodging....

Anyone? Anyone at all?

*crickets

Yes, that's the point.

the average small business owner takes home between $38k and $97k per year. a far cry from all the rightwingers claiming that most small business owners take home over $250k.

Hello????!!!!

You really have no idea how business works do you? Business expenses and business income are the same as the income the business owners take home. Many small businesses have revenues over $250k annually, this is not the same thing as a business owner taking home over $250k.

Hello????!!!!

You really have no idea how business works do you?
Wrong.

My great grandparents owned their own grocery store for over 50 years.
Try again.

Business expenses and business income are the same as the income the business owners take home.
Nice try.
Facts prove otherwise.

A business owner must pay EVERYTHING ELSE before considering what is left over as income. If there's anything else left after that, that is.

Many small businesses have revenues over $250k annually, this is not the same thing as a business owner taking home over $250k.
Man -- all the sudden liberals hate those people they want to suck jobs from, huh?

it should have said that business income and business expenses are not the same thing as the income that the owners take home.

personal income that an individual takes home, is not the same thing as the revenues that a business generates.

yup your great grandparents, im sure you worked there your whole life, did their accounting and they each made over $250k a year in salary as well.......

Last edited:
He wanted "tax cuts for the rich"?

Yup. he wanted tax cuts for everyone up to 250k.

Because you are an idiot:

Jillian said he got what he wanted... I said he wanted "tax cuts for the rich" - in quotes, because that was the rally cry fr the Democratics prior to 0bama caving to the R's...

IOW, he didn't GET what he WANTED as it relates to extending the Bush tax cuts... He DIDN't want the cuts extended everyone over 250k...

You, agreed that he got what he wanted, which is in error...

Now go back to watching Dora the Explorer...

LOL, Obama wanted Tax cuts for everyone on the first 250k of salary. He got that. That's all I stated. I never said he got everything he wanted. You didn't understand that. Don't blame me.

Forum List

Back