Obama: ‘Apology’ in Cairo embassy attack was ‘an effort to cool the situation down

You can't hide, Full-Auto. The truth is following you all over the Board.

No apology except by the craven far righties.

The Mohammed movie and the embassy attacks: Romney betrays free speech. - Slate Magazine

it was a diplomatic apology if there ever was one.......................:eusa_boohoo:

U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement

September 11, 2012

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

(Screenshot captured in case that suddenly disappears as well)

Wake up America: Video- Muslims In Libya, Egypt, Attack U.S. Embassy And Personnel Over Mohammed Movie

nope.....Selective outrage from people who will whine about what obama does period.

Its not hard to figure out people who are so transparent.

You realize muslims stormed our embassy and murdered four people right? Christians would never do that so your argument makes no sense. If christians were going around blowing up buildings and killing ambassadors people would respond the same way they are toward muslims.

I realize that Muslims stormed the Embassy in Libya and killed 4. They also stormed embassies in Egypt and in the days following, scores of others. None of that means that Christians 'would never' do so. Logical fallacy.

You are correct though, imo, that the response would be very different if they did so.

I never stated christians would storm and kill. It was a hypothetical dipshit.
if I wanted to use evidence id just point to the tiller murder done in the name of the christian god and there was very little apologizing done by christians....nobody really saying this is not who we are. Mostly just I don't agree with the murder but I wont loose sleep over it. Which is a pussy way out of saying you liked the fact he was killed off.

You moving the goal posts, Full-Auto, is hurting Romney's chance.

Simply the way it is.
Move goal POSTS.................check.............:badgrin:

An apology was issued.

You cant run jake.......

Is this an apology?

"And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film"

:lol: Listen to the kitty-cat l'il Full-Auto roar! :razz:

You run from me and others all the time, pussycat.

Either you shut up and toe the party line or get the hell out.

Romney can't win with you wacks from the far right showing your asses.

Got it?

The Mohammed movie and the embassy attacks: Romney betrays free speech. - Slate Magazine

I dont run fro m you jake, but you have run from me at least a half dozen times.

You dont have the intellect to battle me..

But try..I could use a good laugh...........

You moving the goal posts, Full-Auto, is hurting Romney's chance.

Simply the way it is.

An apology was issued.

You cant run jake.......

Is this an apology?

"And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film"

Are all of you stuck on stupid or just you????

Got it?

I dont run fro m you jake, but you have run from me at least a half dozen times.

You are flapping your gums now try to use the english language......

Must the word apologize appear in an apology. Lets see how big of lip lock you have on Obamas junk>>>>>>>>

Democrats continue to believe the fiction that groveling to muslims is the successful way to handle them.

They should ask themselves why there was muslim uprisings in London, Paris and Australia but not in the US.

demplancopyqk5.jpg

You can raise your ass to big reb, because we know what you are.

Either support the GOP completely, or get out.

We are not going to let the wack extremists dictate anything.

Got it?

You are flapping your gums now try to use the english language......

Must the word apologize appear in an apology. Lets see how big of lip lock you have on Obamas junk>>>>>>>>

You realize muslims stormed our embassy and murdered four people right? Christians would never do that so your argument makes no sense. If christians were going around blowing up buildings and killing ambassadors people would respond the same way they are toward muslims.
"But that's the Muslim culture! Who are we to judge? Now, conservative Christian culture -- we'll judge the dogshit outta that!!"

Right, Plaz?

No
The last 11 years disagrees with you.

The diversion WORKED, we have Libya covered, and troops in Yemen. Baby Bush would still be tearfully shouting DEAD OR ALIVE; Cheney with his stockbroker*to see war in which countries could pull in the most $$$$ for him.

*The undisclosed locations were obviously OPEN to financial advisers. Cheney NETTED 5-6 MILLION on a 2 million dollar salary. The Vice Presidency was a pot of gold for him.

You don't seem to mind that both Obama and his wife are getting filthy rich while he is President.

Or when Michelle took a trip to spain with Sasha on our dime... Or when ever they go on trips. Michelle ALWAYS goes ahead of Obama . So we have to pay twice as much for security , diesel for the plane, ect.. Who cares we are 16 T dollars in debt as long as the Obamas are having fun:eusa_whistle:

Yea__ But this helps facilitate their open marriage.

Compare and contrast the Embassy statement, aka the infamous 'apology':

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others...

...to Mitt Romney's statement, aka 'apology', three days ago:

And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film.

Who wants to show us a dime's worth of difference between the two????

Specifics, please.

Doesn't ANYONE who thinks the embassy statement was an apology want to tell us why Mitt Romney's statement, which btw was long AFTER the attack,

was NOT an apology?

ANYONE?

While the embassy was in danger of losing their lives, Mittens APOLOGIZED for our First Amendment. How come the rw's don't get that this guy who is against freedom of religion is a member of a religious cult?

(I see that no one has posted that "apology" yet.)

Compare and contrast the Embassy statement, aka the infamous 'apology':

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others...

...to Mitt Romney's statement, aka 'apology', three days ago:

And the idea of using something that some people consider sacred and then parading that out a negative way is simply inappropriate and wrong. And I wish people wouldn’t do it. Of course, we have a First Amendment. And under the First Amendment, people are allowed to do what they feel they want to do. They have the right to do that, but it’s not right to do things that are of the nature of what was done by, apparently this film.

Who wants to show us a dime's worth of difference between the two????

Specifics, please.

Doesn't ANYONE who thinks the embassy statement was an apology want to tell us why Mitt Romney's statement, which btw was long AFTER the attack,

was NOT an apology?

ANYONE?

because the Obama embassy apology was their FIRST response to violence.....

that statement you quoted by Romney was NOT his first response....

THIS is Romney's first response after the embassy apology....“it’s disgraceful that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”

The diversion WORKED, we have Libya covered, and troops in Yemen. Baby Bush would still be tearfully shouting DEAD OR ALIVE; Cheney with his stockbroker*to see war in which countries could pull in the most $$$$ for him.

*The undisclosed locations were obviously OPEN to financial advisers. Cheney NETTED 5-6 MILLION on a 2 million dollar salary. The Vice Presidency was a pot of gold for him.

You don't seem to mind that both Obama and his wife are getting filthy rich while he is President.

Or the fact that Cheney was independently wealthy and a millionaire before the Vice Presidency.

why you bitching about an apology? oh thats right you hate muslims. Had this been christians we would have had thread after thread demanding one....

stupid emotional bleeding hearts.

Nobody hates Muslims. If George W. Bush had been a mentally crippled, despicable racist, he would have interned all Muslims living in the United States, born, naturalized or otherwise, after 9/11.

After all there was a historical precedence for similar action, following Pearl Harbor. Set by THE icon of liberals, Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

There was no ‘apology,’ neither from the president nor embassy:

Mitt Romney claims the Obama administration issued an “apology for American values” after U.S. embassies were attacked. Not true. Romney refers to a statement issued before mobs attacked either in Egypt or Libya, and faults U.S. diplomats for failing to condemn actions that hadn’t yet happened.

Furthermore, the word “sorry” or “apologize” doesn’t appear in the statement. Under the headline, “U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement,” the embassy in Cairo said, “Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy.”

Romney has falsely accused Obama of “apologizing for America” many times before. The line has been a dependable applause-getter with conservative audiences. But we found no basis for this claim in Obama’s previous speeches and remarks. And other fact-checkers came to similar conclusions.

FactCheck.org : Romney Gets It Backward

“Tell a lie often enough, in the hope it’s perceived as true.”

- Conservative credo

There was no apology. The Mohammed movie and the embassy attacks: Romney betrays free speech. - Slate Magazine

You far right freaks are afraid of the right and the responsibility of free speech.

Watch, daveman, who has not a clue.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

-- Evelyn Beatrice Hall and the American Right

"I disapprove of what you say, so the government should prevent you from saying it with the threat of force."

-- Jake Starkey and the American Left

Forum List

Back