Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for 'careless' joke

Uh, Nancy Regan consulted an astrologer. Mary Todd Lincoln held seances.

Correct?

EDIT: It's already in eots post, nevermind.

Last edited:
Obama can't hide who he is forever. I've always wondered why he surrounded himself with questionable people. Most thinking people know why.

Joe Biden might get angry, however, if Obama becomes the Gaffe-king!

Hmm, his are gaffes, Palin's are idiocies. Gotcha.

:lol: sometimes you make yourself look like a fool when you feel the need to drag up old news to make your argument.

When Palin apologizes for critcizing the research done regarding fruit flies, I'll say it's a gaffe...until then I'll assume she's an idiot who doesn't know the importance of that research....sound fair?

eta: he was trying to show humor... it was in poor taste.. he acknowledged that.

Last edited:
:lol: sometimes you make yourself look like a fool when you feel the need to drag up old news to make your argument.

When Palin apologizes for critcizing the research done regarding fruit flies, I'll say it's a gaffe...until then I'll assume she's an idiot who doesn't know the importance of that research....sound fair?

eta: he was trying to show humor... it was in poor taste.. he acknowledged that.

Considering she was in the 'limelight' only over the past 70 days, while Nancy's was how long ago? Who is the fool? Self evident.

It was Hilary Clinton and Mary Todd Lincoln who held seances in the white house anyway, not Nancy Reagan she was into astrology.

she is an old lady who has outlived the love of her life...her kids are spiteful....no matter what you thought of her..she was totally loyal and protective of her husband till the end of his days. you have to give her respect for that.

she is an old lady who has outlived the love of her life...her kids are spiteful....no matter what you thought of her..she was totally loyal and protective of her husband till the end of his days. you have to give her respect for that.
I agree with you there. When someone lives as long as Ronald did with alzheimers it wouldn't have been pretty at the end. Some people think they just loose their memory but they forgot how to do everything and become like a baby. And I respect Nancy completly for what she had to go through and sticking by him. It is a very hard thing to watch someone die from that disease and it is harder on the family members then the person going through it.
And people should donate to the Alzheimer Association if you can!

I bet Nancy saw the humor in it anyway, especially in light of the fact that it was hilary clinton who had the seance, he he....Im doubting Nancy would have been offended, she strikes me as having a good sense of humor. But it was nice that President Obama thought to make sure and call her.

Maybe someday Obama will string together enough idiotic statements that it can be used verbatim in an SNL skit ...
you mean you havent seen them

his should have been legendary by now
if he was a republican they would have replayed them every night on the LSM

Please do tell. Point them out....

The wingnuts seem to have difficulty ascertaining the difference between someone who's not very bright acting accordingly and someone really smart who misspeaks. They're already trying to make it seem like both Biden and Obama are just like the guy who said "don't misunderestimate me".

The wingnuts seem to have difficulty ascertaining the difference between someone who's not very bright acting accordingly and someone really smart who misspeaks. They're already trying to make it seem like both Biden and Obama are just like the guy who said "don't misunderestimate me".

Someone really smart who misspeaks. :D

Here's the thing with Obama, he can read and deliver a script very well. Off the cuff, he's just an ordinary guy - bumbling, stuttering and stammering. There are many youtubes and soundbites out there to corroborate this observation.

At points throughout his presidency, he is going to have to make impromptu speeches or answer questions on topics that he may have only superficial knowledge. You simply can't script real life or the presidency. As soon as he and his supporters acknowledge that he is human and humans are prone to error, the happier they will be. I suspect that won't happen and we'll suffer through 4 years of deflection and excuses.

Someone really smart who misspeaks. :D

Here's the thing with Obama, he can read and deliver a script very well. Off the cuff, he's just an ordinary guy - bumbling, stuttering and stammering. There are many youtubes and soundbites out there to corroborate this observation.

At points throughout his presidency, he is going to have to make impromptu speeches or answer questions on topics that he may have only superficial knowledge. You simply can't script real life or the presidency. As soon as he and his supporters acknowledge that he is human and humans are prone to error, the happier they will be. I suspect that won't happen and we'll suffer through 4 years of deflection and excuses.

It is clear that Obama is a better speaker when what he has to say has been planned out and is right in front of him. Most people are. It's human nature to catch yourself mid-sentence or thought and stumble, especially if you have too much information rattling around in your head :D

Obama will make misstatements, Obama will stumble verbally when speaking on the fly, that's to be expected. He's human and that's how the human brain works. It's not always insync (sorry couldn't help myself) with the mouth. What you mean to say and what actually comes out is sometimes different.

However, no bumble or stumble made by Obama could possibly compare to the last 8 years of having a President, who while clearly intelligent enough, looked like he barely had a grasp of the English language. I mean the man was a walking gaffe machine everytime he got in front of a microphone. It was comedy gold but it wasn't very helpful to our image as a country to have a man universally believed to be a complete idiot, however unfair that belief may have been.

Forum List

Back