Obama announcement on gays in the military

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
The announcement of congressional hearings on the ban on open military service by homosexuals has been delayed at the request of the Obama administration until after Wednesday night’s State of the Union Address because the president may announce that military leaders will support changing the law, according to a key lawmaker.
Obama to make announcement on gay ban - Navy News, news from Iraq - Navy Times

It appears that the Obama Administration is if this article is true is setting in motion the process for lifting the ban.

The announcement of congressional hearings on the ban on open military service by homosexuals has been delayed at the request of the Obama administration until after Wednesday night’s State of the Union Address because the president may announce that military leaders will support changing the law, according to a key lawmaker.

It appears that the Obama Administration is if this article is true is setting in motion the process for lifting the ban.

Not surprising, especially since the majority of people consider it to be worthless.

This article is from November:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/10/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5605533.shtml

There is absolutely no reason to close GITMO, except for a feel good sign to his base. The administration has already learned this. Don't count on seeing it closed any time soon, if at all.

-TSO

This has nothing to do with Gay MARRIAGE but rather the ability of Gays to serve openly in the Military.

Let us hope so.

This has nothing to do with Gay MARRIAGE but rather the ability of Gays to serve openly in the Military.

I'm well aware of that Gunny, forgive me everyone for the typo in the title.

True.

I'm well aware of that Gunny, forgive me everyone for the typo in the title.

i fixed it.

I am trying to figure out who or where gay marriage was brought up?

Don't mind RGS...he has a one track mind.

Luissa, it was a typo on my part on the original thread title, when I start a thread normally, the title is generally something I don't pay much attention too as the content is more important to me. In this case however, it was a matter of after posting the content, on what is a very good article by the way and then after listening to my daughter tell me she lost her credit card in the process and then typing a title. Hopefully this explains the confusion and now back to the topic at hand......

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
I think if it is safe for them, I think gays should be able to serve openly in the military. From what I have heard most of their crew guesses anyway. I think Goldwater said it best, "You don't have to be straight to be in the military; you just have to be able to shoot straight.”

Forum List

Back