Obama and the myth of "White Guilt"

300.berry.halle.lc.043010.jpg

Cursed by God, apparently.

Cursed by mmmmmmmmm............. what were you saying?

I like Halley. She's hot.

And her husband cheated on her. Proving that old adage, no matter how good she (or he) looks, there is someone tired of putting up with her shit!

I understand Catwoman as very big in the lesbian community.

Romney is Right of McCain. Romney is also the best DNC consolation of the Major Players, should he run against Obama, and Win. There is allot of reason why Minorities would support him.

Really? Name one.

As for whether Romney is left or right, who knows. Is he pro-Choice or pro-Life? Pro-Gay or Pro-Family? For socialized medicine or against it?

McCain was a far better conservative than Romney was ever. Now, I'm critical of McCain on issues. I think he let his personal rivalry with President Bush get the better of him on some points. He felt Bush and Rove had wronged him and passively tried to needle them.

And he mistook the left and the media (but I repeat myself) praising him for it as geniune affection for him personally.

On the issue of Hispanics, he and President Bush were pragmatists. We have 12 million illegals already here. We couldn't possibly deport them all, and most people didn't want us to, anyway. So they worked out a plan that seemed reasonable. You can be citizens, but you have to wait in line behind the folks who did it the right way.

But inevitably, he succumbed to the Tancredo philosophy that we can't be mean enough to these people.

12 million new tax paying citizens. :eusa_whistle:

One of the sillier claims I see from time to time is the reason why Obama won in 2008 was because of "white guilt". Yes, white people ignored the fact that John McCain was far more qualified and voted for Obama because of this "White Guilt".

Had nothing to do with the economy, or the war, or McCain's awful campaign or the fact he picked a running mate who was clinically retarded. Nope, it was that "White Guilt". A bunch of liberal castrati guilted us into voting for Obama.

Here is the ugly secret of it all. :eusa_shhh:

John McCain won the White Vote. :eusa_whistle:

yes, he won it. He got 55% of white people voting for him compared to 45% who voted for Barack Obama. And his performance was about in line with what George W. Bush got in 2000 (54%) and 2004 (58%)

No, what brought McCain down is that he performed so badly with minorities. He only got 4% of the African American vote (Compared to Bush, who got 11% in 2004) and 35% of the Asian vote (compared to 44% that Bush got.) But the real killer was the Hispanic vote. Because McCain drank from the Minuteman Koolaid and actually denounced his own amnesty program, he got 31% of the Hispanic Vote compared to the 44% that George W. Bush had earned.

And this is the ironic thing. Bush understood the GOP needs to expand and can do so in the non-white community in this country. He made the effort. But yet we see very little effort to do so this time. Let's nominate the guy who not only demogogued the illegal immigration issue, but belongs to a religion that didn't admit black folks until 1978 and preaches that dark skin is a curse from God.

The problem with your theory is that McCain wasn't against immigration.

He was actually for AMNESTY, along with Bush.

But this got him nowhere with Hispanics.

Has it ever occurred to you that many blacks and Hispanics just voted for the "guy who isn't white"? I honestly think that if you divided the races into "just racistly voted for the person of their race", it'd look like this:

Nonwhites voting racistly, 95 percent.
Whites voting racistly, 25 percent.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I can't agree with that interpretation, Charles. Sorry, just haven't met that person.

I think people were taken in by Obama's charisma, yes. I think Bush left things in such disarray no one the GOP could have run would have done as well as McCain.

But the kind of person you describe would have voted for the Democrat no matter what his color was.

Now, there could be an argument made that the "white guilt" factor made democrats support an unqualified Obama over a more qualified Hillary Clinton. I think that goes beyond the scope of this premise, though.

I knew the man was promising us the moon, like every politician. My vote was against McCain. I would have voted for Hillary had she been the nominee.

Do you have any other theme running through your pea-brain than this tired, hateful bigotry that you keep repeating FUCKING ENDLESSLY?

You seriously need a fucking shrink. Your hate and insecurity have entirely taken you over and are only making your OCD worse. Get help, or just get the fuck out and shut the fuck up for crying out loud.

Really? ?

Yes, really. You are nothing but a one-note, hateful, bigoted piece of shit.

One of the sillier claims I see from time to time is the reason why Obama won in 2008 was because of "white guilt". Yes, white people ignored the fact that John McCain was far more qualified and voted for Obama because of this "White Guilt".

Had nothing to do with the economy, or the war, or McCain's awful campaign or the fact he picked a running mate who was clinically retarded. Nope, it was that "White Guilt". A bunch of liberal castrati guilted us into voting for Obama.

yes, he won it. He got 55% of white people voting for him compared to 45% who voted for Barack Obama. And his performance was about in line with what George W. Bush got in 2000 (54%) and 2004 (58%)

No, what brought McCain down is that he performed so badly with minorities. He only got 4% of the African American vote (Compared to Bush, who got 11% in 2004) and 35% of the Asian vote (compared to 44% that Bush got.) But the real killer was the Hispanic vote. Because McCain drank from the Minuteman Koolaid and actually denounced his own amnesty program, he got 31% of the Hispanic Vote compared to the 44% that George W. Bush had earned.

And this is the ironic thing. Bush understood the GOP needs to expand and can do so in the non-white community in this country. He made the effort. But yet we see very little effort to do so this time. Let's nominate the guy who not only demogogued the illegal immigration issue, but belongs to a religion that didn't admit black folks until 1978 and preaches that dark skin is a curse from God.

Palin is far more intelligent than any dimwit, especially obamaturd.

Obamaturd got in because the blacks on welfare voted him in to get free stuff and money via illegal voting, plain and simple, idiot.

The problem with your theory is that McCain wasn't against immigration.

He was actually for AMNESTY, along with Bush.

But this got him nowhere with Hispanics.

Has it ever occurred to you that many blacks and Hispanics just voted for the "guy who isn't white"? I honestly think that if you divided the races into "just racistly voted for the person of their race", it'd look like this:

Nonwhites voting racistly, 95 percent.
Whites voting racistly, 25 percent.

Well, not really. McCain got good sized chunks of the Asian and Hispanic votes, he just didn't win them or do as well with them as Bush. But really, he didn't do as well as Bush in ANY demographic.

McCain did propose a common sense amnesty program, but the GOP was held in the sway of the Minutemen and Nativists. Instead of confronting their ugliness, he courted it, even going so far as to say he wouldn't vote for is own amnesty program. I think that's why Hispanics abandoned him. Oh, yeah, and the war, economy, Palin and a lot of other reasons.

Hey, Curley, my suspicion is that the Bush clan wants the Republicans to lose this time. By 2016, Jeb will look a lot better by comparison...

A suspicion based on what?

Well, the fact that they've managed to convince everyone who might possibly be a good candidate NOT to run this time. Mitch Daniels, John Thune, Haley Barbour, Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee.

So we are stuck with-

1) The Weird Mormon Robot, that 75% of the party just doesn't want.

2) The ignoramus with the Pizza box. But they've pretty much sunk him with these Sexual Harrassment charges.

3) Rick Perry. Looked good for a while, but the Bushies have torpedoed him.

4) There are others running, but why go down the litany? They'll all be gone before Iowa if not immediately afterwards.

So they'll run the Weird Mormon Robot, who is exactly NOT the guy you want to run in a year when people are losing their jobs and they have pictures like THIS out there..

1182777539_1275.jpg

Well, it's a good thing he's a Mormon, otherwise he'd be burning a C-note to light a cigar....

I mean, I realize you have a tiny brain, Ukey, but has it occurred to you why Obama and the Mainstream Media are savaging everyone else even thinking about running for the GOP, and giving Romney a free pass for now?

Let me give you a hint..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0]ITS A TRAP! - YouTube[/ame]

There is nothing "common sense" about amnesty, and opposing illegal immigration is NOT "ugliness," you stupid lefty fuck.

There is nothing "common sense" about amnesty, and opposing illegal immigration is NOT "ugliness," you stupid lefty fuck.

Sure it is....

In fact, if you want to know who the biggest tools in the universe are, it's the hateful little fucks like you who vote Republican because they hate brown people.

Do you know why?

Because the people who run the GOP WANT illegals. They want the cheap labor. They want you poor dumb white people to be just a little afraid that if you don't put up with the bullshit, they will just hire an illegal to do your job.

Kind of like Mitt Romney, who was ONLY concerned about illegals mowing his lawn because he was running for office.

You could solve the illegal problem in ten minute. If you are caught hiring an illegal, we take everything you have.

Problem solved. But the people who hire them are the ones who run things. So that will never happen.

It must be painful for you to live with the reality that "an idiot" has accomplished more than you ever will in your miserable, insignificant waste of a life if you live to be 200.

Not really. But keep telling yourself that.

Palin Quit because she couldn't hack the job. SHe's a useful distraction for dumb shits like you, but the people who really run the GOP have nothing but contempt for her.

Hey, Curley, my suspicion is that the Bush clan wants the Republicans to lose this time. By 2016, Jeb will look a lot better by comparison...

A suspicion based on what?

Well, the fact that they've managed to convince everyone who might possibly be a good candidate NOT to run this time. Mitch Daniels, John Thune, Haley Barbour, Chris Christie, Mike Huckabee.

So, you have proof that every one of those people chose not to run because the Bush family convinced them not to? I don't recall any of them suggesting any such thing. AND, that list encompasses "everyone who might possibly be a good candidate" because some fucking idiot lefty like YOU says so? Hatred and insecurity have rotted whatever tiny sliver of a brain you might have once had, shitstain.

What I'd like to know is:

Why would Halle Berry be used as an example of why black skin is not a curse?

Her mama's DNA provided enough white skin and facial features that make her look about as non-black as any half black as I have ever seen.

It is equally silly to pretend that there were not many Whites who were at least in part influenced by a desire to right a wrong by voting for Obama. Which could be described as guilt.

He's making reference to me in the OP. Just to clarify, my stance about White Guilt didn't speak to just pulling a lever next to Mr. Obama's name. The press coverage (Time Magazine featured Mr. Obama something like 12-16 times in 2008 on the cover!!!) that totally glossed over Obama sitting in the congregation of Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, his officiating their wedding, etc... The 57 states flub was reported. But I heard more about Palin--the VP Nominee--her disgraceful 60 minutes interview than I ever heard about the 57 states gaffe.

I think we can safely assume that the media is to the left of the American Public on most matters. Their subjugation of their responsibilities in vigorously covering Mr. Obama was shameful; as what their subjugation of the WMD claims by Mr. Bush 43.

My stance is that white guilt shaped the election. I never said it was on the ballot--or at least never meant to indicate that it was literally on the ballot.

Forum List

Back