Obama and the myth of "White Guilt"

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
One of the sillier claims I see from time to time is the reason why Obama won in 2008 was because of "white guilt". Yes, white people ignored the fact that John McCain was far more qualified and voted for Obama because of this "White Guilt".

Had nothing to do with the economy, or the war, or McCain's awful campaign or the fact he picked a running mate who was clinically retarded. Nope, it was that "White Guilt". A bunch of liberal castrati guilted us into voting for Obama.

Here is the ugly secret of it all. :eusa_shhh:

John McCain won the White Vote. :eusa_whistle:

yes, he won it. He got 55% of white people voting for him compared to 45% who voted for Barack Obama. And his performance was about in line with what George W. Bush got in 2000 (54%) and 2004 (58%)

No, what brought McCain down is that he performed so badly with minorities. He only got 4% of the African American vote (Compared to Bush, who got 11% in 2004) and 35% of the Asian vote (compared to 44% that Bush got.) But the real killer was the Hispanic vote. Because McCain drank from the Minuteman Koolaid and actually denounced his own amnesty program, he got 31% of the Hispanic Vote compared to the 44% that George W. Bush had earned.

And this is the ironic thing. Bush understood the GOP needs to expand and can do so in the non-white community in this country. He made the effort. But yet we see very little effort to do so this time. Let's nominate the guy who not only demogogued the illegal immigration issue, but belongs to a religion that didn't admit black folks until 1978 and preaches that dark skin is a curse from God.

300.berry.halle.lc.043010.jpg

Cursed by God, apparently.

Do you have any other theme running through your pea-brain than this tired, hateful bigotry that you keep repeating FUCKING ENDLESSLY?

You seriously need a fucking shrink. Your hate and insecurity have entirely taken you over and are only making your OCD worse. Get help, or just get the fuck out and shut the fuck up for crying out loud.

Do you have any other theme running through your pea-brain than this tired, hateful bigotry that you keep repeating FUCKING ENDLESSLY?

You seriously need a fucking shrink. Your hate and insecurity have entirely taken you over and are only making your OCD worse. Get help, or just get the fuck out and shut the fuck up for crying out loud.

Really?

Hey, guy, how is that treatment for Tourette's Syndrome going? You realized you dropped the F-Bomb four time in three sentences, right? Never seen digitial Tourettes before, but hey, no doubt it is interferring with your ability to process the point.

Okay, make it easy for you. How does Romney improve on McCain's numbers with not-white folks?

Really?

Hey, guy, how is that treatment for Tourette's Syndrome going? You realized you dropped the F-Bomb four time in three sentences, right? Never seen digitial Tourettes before, but hey, no doubt it is interferring with your ability to process the point.

Okay, make it easy for you. How does Romney improve on McCain's numbers with not-white folks?

Are you falsely claiming that All Blacks are Bigoted or just Bought and Paid for?

Really?

Are you falsely claiming that All Blacks are Bigoted or just Bought and Paid for?

I'm saying I can't see a compelling reason why a black or hispanic or Asian would vote for Romney if they didn't vote for McCain. (Frankly, I can't see a compelling reason why ANYONE would vote for the Weird Mormon Robot, he's really the Alf Landon of 2012).

Besides Mormonism truly bizarre views on race, Romney has played the race card in a way that will bite us in the ass next November.

This post was written by

bobcat_goldthwait_police_academy_320.gif

This guy

Really?

I'm saying I can't see a compelling reason why a black or hispanic or Asian would vote for Romney if they didn't vote for McCain. (Frankly, I can't see a compelling reason why ANYONE would vote for the Weird Mormon Robot, he's really the Alf Landon of 2012).

Besides Mormonism truly bizarre views on race, Romney has played the race card in a way that will bite us in the ass next November.

Romney is Right of McCain. Romney is also the best DNC consolation of the Major Players, should he run against Obama, and Win. There is allot of reason why Minorities would support him.

One of the sillier claims I see from time to time is the reason why Obama won in 2008 was because of "white guilt". Yes, white people ignored the fact that John McCain was far more qualified and voted for Obama because of this "White Guilt".

Had nothing to do with the economy, or the war, or McCain's awful campaign or the fact he picked a running mate who was clinically retarded. Nope, it was that "White Guilt". A bunch of liberal castrati guilted us into voting for Obama.

yes, he won it. He got 55% of white people voting for him compared to 45% who voted for Barack Obama. And his performance was about in line with what George W. Bush got in 2000 (54%) and 2004 (58%)

No, what brought McCain down is that he performed so badly with minorities. He only got 4% of the African American vote (Compared to Bush, who got 11% in 2004) and 35% of the Asian vote (compared to 44% that Bush got.) But the real killer was the Hispanic vote. Because McCain drank from the Minuteman Koolaid and actually denounced his own amnesty program, he got 31% of the Hispanic Vote compared to the 44% that George W. Bush had earned.

And this is the ironic thing. Bush understood the GOP needs to expand and can do so in the non-white community in this country. He made the effort. But yet we see very little effort to do so this time. Let's nominate the guy who not only demogogued the illegal immigration issue, but belongs to a religion that didn't admit black folks until 1978 and preaches that dark skin is a curse from God.

It is equally silly to pretend that there were not many Whites who were at least in part influenced by a desire to right a wrong by voting for Obama. Which could be described as guilt.

I also don't want to give Ukypuke a lot of time because he isn't worth it, but I've done about 3000 posts here. Some trivial, some serious.

In those posts, I've criticized Obama, Perry, Cain, Gingrich, Bachmann, Palin, and yes, Willard Mitt Romney. I've stated I don't like Romney because I really don't like his religion. I've been pretty upfront about that, although I think there are reasons to disdain Romney that have little to do with the weird cult he belongs to.

I address an important issue. Like it or not, There will be a point where White folks will be just another group, not the majority in this country. Personally, I have no problem with this. We are all just folks. But the GOP has a REAL race problem, because in the past, they've been fast to play the race card and play on white anxieities.

Minorities are a lot more socially conservative than you think, and they'd find common cause with the GOP, but not if they remember that the GOP compared Tia Maria to a terrorist. Or that the Weird Mormon Robot who lost in 2012 said that they should get college tuition even though they stayed out of trouble and got good grades.

It is equally silly to pretend that there were not many Whites who were at least in part influenced by a desire to right a wrong by voting for Obama. Which could be described as guilt.

Really? Have you ever talked to one of those Whites? I haven't.

I am sure that there are white folks out there that feel guilty as hell about being white. But they are going to vote for whoever the Democrats put up.

Well, it's down right stupid to make that claim with zero evidence. I notice alot of your posts contain "feelings" as "evidence" also...weird, do you have old batteries in your feeling-o-meter?

Romney is Right of McCain. Romney is also the best DNC consolation of the Major Players, should he run against Obama, and Win. There is allot of reason why Minorities would support him.

Really? Name one.

As for whether Romney is left or right, who knows. Is he pro-Choice or pro-Life? Pro-Gay or Pro-Family? For socialized medicine or against it?

McCain was a far better conservative than Romney was ever. Now, I'm critical of McCain on issues. I think he let his personal rivalry with President Bush get the better of him on some points. He felt Bush and Rove had wronged him and passively tried to needle them.

And he mistook the left and the media (but I repeat myself) praising him for it as geniune affection for him personally.

On the issue of Hispanics, he and President Bush were pragmatists. We have 12 million illegals already here. We couldn't possibly deport them all, and most people didn't want us to, anyway. So they worked out a plan that seemed reasonable. You can be citizens, but you have to wait in line behind the folks who did it the right way.

But inevitably, he succumbed to the Tancredo philosophy that we can't be mean enough to these people.

Really? Name one.

As for whether Romney is left or right, who knows. Is he pro-Choice or pro-Life? Pro-Gay or Pro-Family? For socialized medicine or against it?

McCain was a far better conservative than Romney was ever. Now, I'm critical of McCain on issues. I think he let his personal rivalry with President Bush get the better of him on some points. He felt Bush and Rove had wronged him and passively tried to needle them.

And he mistook the left and the media (but I repeat myself) praising him for it as geniune affection for him personally.

On the issue of Hispanics, he and President Bush were pragmatists. We have 12 million illegals already here. We couldn't possibly deport them all, and most people didn't want us to, anyway. So they worked out a plan that seemed reasonable. You can be citizens, but you have to wait in line behind the folks who did it the right way.

But inevitably, he succumbed to the Tancredo philosophy that we can't be mean enough to these people.

Na, the Bush McCain amnesty plan was stopped cold by the folks you claim supported it. Servers were crashed, and phones had to be turned off. None of that matters. We understand, you dont like Romney because he is a Mormon. Me, I dont like the guy because the Bush clan loves him.

Really? Have you ever talked to one of those Whites? I haven't.

I am sure that there are white folks out there that feel guilty as hell about being white. But they are going to vote for whoever the Democrats put up.

Absolutely I have, Many of them. Many people in fact got caught up in the Historical Aspect of the Election. There is no denying, IMO anyways, that many many Whites Were in part influenced by the Desire to see a black man, any black man, win the white house. In order to distance ourselves from our More Racist pass, In order to right a wrong, In order to in their own Minds prove to themselves they are not Racists, what ever the reason. Clearly Millions of People voted for Obama with out any Real Idea of his Politics, or past. Now Many of those Very people, are questioning Obama, and wondering WTF they were thinking.

I Understand even why they did it. Hell I felt bad not voting for him. Do you think as a white person that has prided himself on not being racists his whole life, like his Father taught him too, I was not torn over the Fact that in order to support our First Black President. I had to accept a Inexperienced, Egotistical, Left Winger, and therefore could not do it.

Me Personally I was glad for America to Finally see a Black man in the WH, but I am Afraid such a vastly inexperienced, Arrogant, Ideologue, Who has been an Utter Failure in Almost everything he has done as President, save for killing people, will give the Real Racists among us a reason to point and say, See we told you not to Vote for a black man. When of course the real Problem is not that he is Black, it is that he is A Leftist, who is out of his Depth, and to arrogant to admit it.

Last edited:

Cursed by mmmmmmmmm............. what were you saying?

I can't agree with that interpretation, Charles. Sorry, just haven't met that person.

I think people were taken in by Obama's charisma, yes. I think Bush left things in such disarray no one the GOP could have run would have done as well as McCain.

But the kind of person you describe would have voted for the Democrat no matter what his color was.

Now, there could be an argument made that the "white guilt" factor made democrats support an unqualified Obama over a more qualified Hillary Clinton. I think that goes beyond the scope of this premise, though.

Forum List

Back