Obama and the Class Envy Card

M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
By Steve McCann
08/20/2011
American Thinker

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence. It is the action of a desperate administration and party attempting to obfuscate their abject failure in growing the economy and creating jobs.

LINK

The fact is that the tax cuts have not worked. They added $2.5 trillion to our debt and did nothing to add jobs or spur the economy.

Why continue a failed policy when you have $14.5 trillion in debt? It would be nice to continue low tax rates....but we just can't afford them anymore

How bout we do this.....Return tax rates to where they were before the Bush/Obama tax cuts. Once we have paid off our debt through spending cuts and tax increases, the wealthy can have their old tax rate back

The fact is that the tax cuts have not worked. They added $2.5 trillion to our debt and did nothing to add jobs or spur the economy.

Why continue a failed policy when you have $14.5 trillion in debt? It would be nice to continue low tax rates....but we just can't afford them anymore

How bout we do this.....Return tax rates to where they were before the Bush/Obama tax cuts. Once we have paid off our debt through spending cuts and tax increases, the wealthy can have their old tax rate back

How about everyone pays their share? A radical idea, I know but this demonizing of one group of individuals for political expediency is rather sickening.

I've got a better idea. Since most economists (including Obama's former economic adviser Christina Romer) are quite adamant that raising taxes right now will hurt the economy and aren't a good idea...how about we stop the silly class warfare games and concentrate on what will actually solve the problem.

The fact is if we were to take ALL of the money the top 1% has, it still wouldn't cover the cost of unfunded entitlements we are currently obligated for. Sooooo....

Can we all agree that entitlements have to be reformed?

Can we all agree that government waste has to be eliminated?

Can we all agree that government regulation has gotten out of control and needs to be scaled back so we can compete globally?

How about we try doing THOSE things first and when the economy grows...and revenues increase...maybe THEN we can seek new taxes. But please? When we do that? Let's use those taxes to pay down the deficit and not simply return to doing what got us in trouble in the first place.

Last edited:

And so it goes with lefty; he'll never understand what's going on, what works and what doesn't. He's useless.

Republicans must take back the Senate and the White House.

By Steve McCann
08/20/2011
American Thinker

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence. It is the action of a desperate administration and party attempting to obfuscate their abject failure in growing the economy and creating jobs.

LINK

Of "little practical value"? That writer's cheese done slid clear off his cracker.

Why?

How about everyone pays their share? A radical idea, I know but this demonizing of one group of individuals for political expediency is rather sickening.

Works for me.....that is what I have been advocating

You don't erase $14 trillion in debt without everyone needing to sacrifice. That means cuts in entitlements, defense and returning to previous tax rates that worked

Why?

The wealthy do so much for all of us and are such nice people. I am sure even they would agree to biting the bullet for a while for the good of the country. Once we are on stable financial footing, I have no problem with returning to sensible spending and tax rates

And so it goes with lefty; he'll never understand what's going on, what works and what doesn't. He's useless.

We tried that

They started two wars which they botched, engaged in torture and human rights violations and drove us into the worst recession in 70 years

Why?

The wealthy do so much for all of us and are such nice people. I am sure even they would agree to biting the bullet for a while for the good of the country. Once we are on stable financial footing, I have no problem with returning to sensible spending and tax rates
FUCK OFF RW. The Rich aren't obligated to YOU or anyone.

FUCK OFF RW. The Rich aren't obligated to YOU or anyone.

Ain't it the truth brother

Ain't it the truth

Works for me.....that is what I have been advocating

You don't erase $14 trillion in debt without everyone needing to sacrifice. That means cuts in entitlements, defense and returning to previous tax rates that worked

Higher tax rates that worked? You don't understand the dynamics of revenue at all. LOL!

But check it, ya all. rightwinger just deducted rep from me for this exchange:

Did you just decide that my observation wasn't substantive enough, even though a couple of months ago I provided you revenue stats showing you that higher rates of taxation do not necessarily garner more revenue due to certain economic dynamics, which you never directly refuted or grappled with, are in fact more often than not detrimental to that end, particularly during economic recessions? Did you forget about that? Or did you just wake in a pile piss-and-moan this morning.

LOL!

Funny. Typically, the only persons who deduct rep are leftists. Conservatives don't do that as a rule. As for myself, I never have and never will deduct rep from another for any reason, let alone for airing an honestly held view however unfavorable to me. Conservatives refute their political adversaries, rightly regarding your type of reaction to be snotty and small.

But here's something else you can get snotty about, an observation along the same line that reveals why leftists are unfit to govern in general and during periods of economic crisis especially. See link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-just-more-govt-spending-14.html#post4032301

Last edited:
Every article I've ever read from American thinker has merely reinforced that its just another extremist right-wing web site. For example

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence.

Even if the article has substance, its difficult not to dismiss it as nothing but hyperpartisan bullshit when you read stuff like this.

You're full of shit as usual. The leftwing meddling in the housing market crashed the economy so badly that the current tax cuts aren't enough - more are needed to recover. The lack of revenue is due to the leftwing-caused crash. To add taxes now would be unforgiveably stupid - it would recreate a full tilt depression as in the 1930s.

The usual all-purpose leftwing race card has little traction when people have lost their jobs and been evicted form their houses. Enter the class envy card. Anything that can cause division and inter-group hatred which can be exploited for political purposes is the stock in trade of the leftwing.

The usual all-purpose leftwing race card has little traction when people have lost their jobs and been evicted form their houses. Enter the class envy card. Anything that can cause division and inter-group hatred which can be exploited for political purposes is the stock in trade of the leftwing.

Like the Right blaming the CRA for the Financial Crisis.

:thup:

By Steve McCann
08/20/2011
American Thinker

LINK

Yep, it's the strategy for `12. It's all they have. Obama doesn't dare try to run on his record....I mean 26% approval rating, as of yesterday, Gallup Poll.

Forum List

Back