Obama and the Class Envy Card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by M.D. Rawlings, Aug 20, 2011.

1. M.D. Rawlings

M.D. Rawlings Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,715
    By Steve McCann
    08/20/2011
    American Thinker

Barack Obama, the Left and the Democrats are determined to continue their never-ending and over-used drum beat of "raise taxes on the rich." While of little practical value in solving the nation's overwhelming debt and deficit problem, this siren song aims to foster class envy, intimidate opponents and foment potential violence. It is the action of a desperate administration and party attempting to obfuscate their abject failure in growing the economy and creating jobs.

LINK

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,968
    Obama has class. Most right wingers don't.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,389
    The fact is that the tax cuts have not worked. They added $2.5 trillion to our debt and did nothing to add jobs or spur the economy.

Why continue a failed policy when you have $14.5 trillion in debt? It would be nice to continue low tax rates....but we just can't afford them anymore

How bout we do this.....Return tax rates to where they were before the Bush/Obama tax cuts. Once we have paid off our debt through spending cuts and tax increases, the wealthy can have their old tax rate back

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    How about everyone pays their share? A radical idea, I know but this demonizing of one group of individuals for political expediency is rather sickening.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,312
    I've got a better idea. Since most economists (including Obama's former economic adviser Christina Romer) are quite adamant that raising taxes right now will hurt the economy and aren't a good idea...how about we stop the silly class warfare games and concentrate on what will actually solve the problem.

The fact is if we were to take ALL of the money the top 1% has, it still wouldn't cover the cost of unfunded entitlements we are currently obligated for. Sooooo....

Can we all agree that entitlements have to be reformed?

Can we all agree that government waste has to be eliminated?

Can we all agree that government regulation has gotten out of control and needs to be scaled back so we can compete globally?

How about we try doing THOSE things first and when the economy grows...and revenues increase...maybe THEN we can seek new taxes. But please? When we do that? Let's use those taxes to pay down the deficit and not simply return to doing what got us in trouble in the first place.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  6. M.D. Rawlings

M.D. Rawlings Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,715

And so it goes with lefty; he'll never understand what's going on, what works and what doesn't. He's useless.

Republicans must take back the Senate and the White House.

7. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Of "little practical value"? That writer's cheese done slid clear off his cracker.

8. BDBoop

BDBoop BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,006
    Why?

9. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,389
    Works for me.....that is what I have been advocating

You don't erase $14 trillion in debt without everyone needing to sacrifice. That means cuts in entitlements, defense and returning to previous tax rates that worked

10. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,389
    The wealthy do so much for all of us and are such nice people. I am sure even they would agree to biting the bullet for a while for the good of the country. Once we are on stable financial footing, I have no problem with returning to sensible spending and tax rates